Goin' to see the Mouse for Spring Break~just me and Fiance at POP-Update 3/20

I am in for this one too!!
I agree with all the people that say being at WDW without family for the first time is a little strange, but so much fun! With two people, it is much easier to make decisions and get from point A to point B. :rotfl2:

I am excited to hear about your opinion of the POP because we are thinking next time we go we will probably stay at a value to save some money.

Can't wait for all your plans!! :goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

Tink.... you said something about park hours in your first post.

In March the past two years, MK has closed at 8pm with Wishes... unless in had EMHs. Spectro only ran 4 times a week at 7pm. AK 5, DHS 7 with only 2 days of Fantasmic!, Epcot Future world 7 World showcase 9. It has been the same the last two years. I will be hunting to find those hours before October 27th. The EMHs won't apply to us this time staying offsite. As you get later in March, the hours are usually extended an hour.. which might be true in you case since you will be there the 3rd week in March. If I find any info on the hours, i'll let you know! :goodvibes

YAYY!!! I'm here! I'm glad you got started again. And its not to far away! I think thats great that your parents booked the rooms for you for graduation! Thats heck of a present! :thumbsup2 Also, the rooms and stuff are smaller at POP, but everything is fairly new, the food court has yummy food, and with just you two- the room size will be perfect. I think you will like the resort. Just being in Disney is great enough! hehe

We were debating Spring Break- but my parents really want to have a family one- so were doing Jan. 2011.. which is soo far away. But its also to celebrate me graduation! hehe

HEY! I'm in!!

SO excited for you! Your going to have a lot to celebrate this trip girl!

Hey Lynn! :banana:

OMG, I saw that D&B bag and it is ADORABLE! I am not a Dooney and Bourke girl at all but I love that bag. Unfortunately I still don't think I'm willing to pay that kind of $$. I hear there is a wristlet though...haven't found pics yet!

I am sad at how expensive it is..I'm still wishing I get it for Christmas though! :laughing:

You know I'm here girl! :goodvibes

Hey! Glad you made it over!

I am in for this one too!!
I agree with all the people that say being at WDW without family for the first time is a little strange, but so much fun! With two people, it is much easier to make decisions and get from point A to point B. :rotfl2:

I am excited to hear about your opinion of the POP because we are thinking next time we go we will probably stay at a value to save some money.

Can't wait for all your plans!! :goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

We are so excited!

From what I've read on here so far, I think we will like the POP.

Tink.... you said something about park hours in your first post.

In March the past two years, MK has closed at 8pm with Wishes... unless in had EMHs. Spectro only ran 4 times a week at 7pm. AK 5, DHS 7 with only 2 days of Fantasmic!, Epcot Future world 7 World showcase 9. It has been the same the last two years. I will be hunting to find those hours before October 27th. The EMHs won't apply to us this time staying offsite. As you get later in March, the hours are usually extended an hour.. which might be true in you case since you will be there the 3rd week in March. If I find any info on the hours, i'll let you know! :goodvibes

Aw, thanks for the info Tim. I hope you do find something out!! I just can't stand making our ADR's and not knowing what the park hours are. :laughing:

YAYY!!! I'm here! I'm glad you got started again. And its not to far away! I think thats great that your parents booked the rooms for you for graduation! Thats heck of a present! :thumbsup2 Also, the rooms and stuff are smaller at POP, but everything is fairly new, the food court has yummy food, and with just you two- the room size will be perfect. I think you will like the resort. Just being in Disney is great enough! hehe

We were debating Spring Break- but my parents really want to have a family one- so were doing Jan. 2011.. which is soo far away. But its also to celebrate me graduation! hehe

Hey girl! It is awesome that they did that for us!

I know the POP is definately not the Villas we're used to, but it will get the job done for the quick trip we're taking the two of us.

Well..let me know if you do go for Spring Break! That'd be cool to run into each other!

That D&B bag is really cute.

I saw that video a while ago and it is awesome, looks like someones play set of Disney World :)

Question...

Who here has stayed at POP before? Please give me any info.,tips, stories etc. that you might have. I'm clueless about the place! :flower3:

Question...

Who here has stayed at POP before? Please give me any info.,tips, stories etc. that you might have. I'm clueless about the place! :flower3:

We stayed at Pop in June and it was wonderful. I got all of my info from this thread:

Pop Century Thread

You need to read the first posts because it has everything you've ever wanted to know about Pop. The people over on that thread are amazing and so helpful. Hope this helps!

We've stayed there twice including our honeymoon. It's just us, no kids, but we are just big kids :laughing:The rooms are small but that's ok since we don't really spend time in the room except for sleeping and showering. We really liked the computer pool in the 80s section because it was less noisy and less crowded. We've stayed in the 70s both times and it was a good location for us, not too far from the food court and bus stops and also not a long walk to the computer pool. We had a lot of fun walking around the resort and taking pictures with all the giant icons. It's a very colorful and playful resort and I love that about it.

We stayed there a few years ago (before dd came along) so it's kind of hard for me to remember a lot of the details. I do remember that we took some fun pictures with all of those big props/icons! It was fun pretending to be part of a big foozball table. :laughing: It can get pretty crowded at the main pool if you are going during a crowded time of year. I think we went in may a bit before Memorial Day and you could definitely tell when the families came in for their holiday vacations. We spent a lot of time at the parks that year so we basically went back to the hotel just to sleep (and swim towards the end of the vacation). The buses can get pretty crowded during EMH nights, but then again, I figure it's like that all over. You'll have fun on your vacation anyways!

We've stayed there twice including our honeymoon. It's just us, no kids, but we are just big kids :laughing:The rooms are small but that's ok since we don't really spend time in the room except for sleeping and showering. We really liked the computer pool in the 80s section because it was less noisy and less crowded. We've stayed in the 70s both times and it was a good location for us, not too far from the food court and bus stops and also not a long walk to the computer pool. We had a lot of fun walking around the resort and taking pictures with all the giant icons. It's a very colorful and playful resort and I love that about it.

Thanks so much. We really are excited.

We stayed there a few years ago (before dd came along) so it's kind of hard for me to remember a lot of the details. I do remember that we took some fun pictures with all of those big props/icons! It was fun pretending to be part of a big foozball table. :laughing: It can get pretty crowded at the main pool if you are going during a crowded time of year. I think we went in may a bit before Memorial Day and you could definitely tell when the families came in for their holiday vacations. We spent a lot of time at the parks that year so we basically went back to the hotel just to sleep (and swim towards the end of the vacation). The buses can get pretty crowded during EMH nights, but then again, I figure it's like that all over. You'll have fun on your vacation anyways!

Thanks for the info. I know we probably won't be swimming, but it will be fun to walk around and look at all the props!

Question...

We stayed at POP Century our first trip--we had 8 people spread over 2 rooms. It was "comfy cozy" :rotfl2:.

Really, I loved POP Century. I can't tell you about transportation there, as we never used DIsney transport (except one monorail ride). It was a comfortable quiet room and the mousekeeping staff was wonderful!

No one else has stayed at Pop Century?

I know you are used to staying at.. ummmm.. 'other' resorts:rolleyes: but I think you will like POP. If you have an ADR somewhere or want to be at RD you need to get to that bus stop early....Or get a cab (I don't think you are going to have a car right?)

There are so many picture opps here. We never even made it over to the 50's section for pictures. The resort is a lot busier than what you are used to. There is no slide at the pool. The food court is busy, but they have a huge selection. There is Petals pool bar where you can stop for a drink. Even at 10 at night the pool was busy. Check out that POP thread, there is a lot of great info on there! If you have any specific questions, I'll try to answer them for you!!!:idea:pirate:

We stayed at POP Century our first trip--we had 8 people spread over 2 rooms. It was "comfy cozy" :rotfl2:.

Really, I loved POP Century. I can't tell you about transportation there, as we never used DIsney transport (except one monorail ride). It was a comfortable quiet room and the mousekeeping staff was wonderful!

Wow, 8 people is a lot! I bet that was a fun trip though.

Glad to hear mousekeeping is good!

I know you are used to staying at.. ummmm.. 'other' resorts:rolleyes: but I think you will like POP. If you have an ADR somewhere or want to be at RD you need to get to that bus stop early....Or get a cab (I don't think you are going to have a car right?)

There are so many picture opps here. We never even made it over to the 50's section for pictures. The resort is a lot busier than what you are used to. There is no slide at the pool. The food court is busy, but they have a huge selection. There is Petals pool bar where you can stop for a drink. Even at 10 at night the pool was busy. Check out that POP thread, there is a lot of great info on there! If you have any specific questions, I'll try to answer them for you!!!:idea:pirate:

Haha..I think I'll like POP too. It appeals the most to us out of the other value Resorts. Besides, I'm just happy to be going to WDW at all.

Yep, we'll have our car..we're driving.

We are definately going to walk around and look at everything. Thanks so much for helping me out Tim!

Hi Tinkgurl! I am de-lurking as I lurked my way through your last TR and enjoyed every minute of it! :thumbsup2 so, naturally I had to find my way here :) You have such a nice family and DBF and you make such a sweet couple. :goodvibes

Looking forward to more!

by the way, I know what you mean about crying everytime you leave - I always get teary-eyed too! and we have some pictures from our last couple of trips on our way out of the park on our last day of our DD's (5 and 22mos.) sitting side-by-side in the double stroller crying! :laughing:

No one else has stayed at Pop Century?

We've never stayed at Pop Century but have stayed at AS Sports and Movies. While they're different from the DVC resorts we still enjoyed them...after all, you are still in Disney!

I do have to say the Pop Century theming seems pretty cool. :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter