Goin' to see the Mouse for Spring Break~just me and Fiance at POP-Update 3/20

Aww--Have so much fun with your little guy this weekend and next week! :thumbsup2 I'm sure he'll be SO cute in his Bears outfit! And that's so good that you're getting to see that part of your family after you haven't in so long. What a fun week!! We're taking our youth kids to a camp in Tyler, TX to do a workcrew weekend. I worked there for 3 summers, and so it's like going back home. I'm really excited! :goodvibes

Now...about POP. We stayed there in 2006 and loved it! Even though the rooms are nothing fancy, they're nice. The food court is a lot bigger than the ones in Deluxe resorts since it doesn't have a TS restaurant. Everything we tried was good. Even though there were a lot of families with young kids, it wasn't loud at all. I don't know if you're planning on swimming, but the pool isn't really shaded at all--so take sunscreen! The gift shop is really cute, and I just loved all of the over-sized decorations all over! We'd definitely stay there again :thumbsup2

Or alcoholic!!!!!!!! :confused3 Did I just say that on the DIS?? LOLOL:lmao:

:rotfl2: Or that. :rotfl2: But then I might mess up my ADR's! LOL

Uh-huh... Remember, SHE's supposed to be the sober one on the ride along. I know, I know different days, but let's keep her on the straight and narrow until school's over at least!! :lmao:

Haha..yeah that would look great if I showed up for the ride along with a huge hangover. :laughing:

That is true.. who knows what could happen after a few cocktails (she is legal now you know!) You might be trying to book CRT and end up at Capt'n Jacks or Shoney's on International Drive!!!!:rotfl:

LOL..I just pretty much said the same thing when I commented on your first post.

Here are a few Pop pictures for you from the beginning of my March trip with a family friend.

I have many more from many different trips. These are just the first ones I came across as I was glancing through. I'll spread them out here and there along your wait, so just let me know when you are ready for more.

As for our weekend plans - today is the last day of fall break. I have to do some school work I was ignoring (since I was in Disney World!!!), and do some errands. Tomorrow, we will be doing Trunk or Treat at church. Today is Drew's birthday, so we'll take him out to lunch sometime this weekend, too. Jill and the girls will be here, so it will be a fun weekend.

Wow MeMom. You are awesome. :hug: I'm sure you're having withdrawals now aren't ya?! :guilty:

That'd be great having you share more!

Ick, catching up on school work doesn't sound fun.

Happy Birthday Drew! Have fun with everyone this weekend.

Sounds like a fun week ahead for you. Post a picture of your little guy in the Bears outfit. That sounds so cute! My DD will be a little ladybug, so no where near as creative. But she's only 2, so she doesn't really care what she is right now. Good luck with the ADRs! I'm getting hungry just thinking about some of the Disney restaurants.

I will definately post a picture of him! I'm also planning on posting pics from our St.Louis trip back in July/August...and then when it gets closer to the end of the year, I'm going to post a "Look Back at 2009" and post pics from throughout the year! Hope that sounds like fun for you readers.

Aw, a ladybug will be cute! My little guy will be 3 in November. I can't believe it. He's so excited to be a football player like my B/F (he was really good in high school). He looks up to B/F so much.

If you get hungry just thinking about WDW restaurants...do NOT go look at some Dining TR's. Yeah..I've drooled over some! LOL

Aww--Have so much fun with your little guy this weekend and next week! :thumbsup2 I'm sure he'll be SO cute in his Bears outfit! And that's so good that you're getting to see that part of your family after you haven't in so long. What a fun week!! We're taking our youth kids to a camp in Tyler, TX to do a workcrew weekend. I worked there for 3 summers, and so it's like going back home. I'm really excited! :goodvibes

Now...about POP. We stayed there in 2006 and loved it! Even though the rooms are nothing fancy, they're nice. The food court is a lot bigger than the ones in Deluxe resorts since it doesn't have a TS restaurant. Everything we tried was good. Even though there were a lot of families with young kids, it wasn't loud at all. I don't know if you're planning on swimming, but the pool isn't really shaded at all--so take sunscreen! The gift shop is really cute, and I just loved all of the over-sized decorations all over! We'd definitely stay there again :thumbsup2

You'll see pics!

Oh wow, that sounds like fun going to TX!

Thanks for the info on POP. I don't think we'll be swimming, but looking at the pics-I can understand why I'd need sunscreen! I can't believe there's not any real shade!

Originally posted by tinkgurl
I will definately post a picture of him! I'm also planning on posting pics from our St.Louis trip back in July/August...and then when it gets closer to the end of the year, I'm going to post a "Look Back at 2009" and post pics from throughout the year! Hope that sounds like fun for you readers.

Aw, a ladybug will be cute! My little guy will be 3 in November. I can't believe it. He's so excited to be a football player like my B/F (he was really good in high school). He looks up to B/F so much.

If you get hungry just thinking about WDW restaurants...do NOT go look at some Dining TR's. Yeah..I've drooled over some! LOL

That's so cute that he looks up to your bf! Speaking of football, my DH is bringing my DD to a football party/dinner at his friend' house tomorrow (I have to work all weekend :sad1:) and I told him that she needs to wear her Pats jersey. We are both big football fans and i am not from the MA area, so we alternate her between the Pats jersey and her Redskins cheerleading dress. At least one of the teams is doing well.

omg - I always drool over the dining TRs! Especially when they post a ton of pictures. It always gets me excited though. We don't know when our next trip will be, DH is thinking next Sept, but I feel like that is sooooo far away! Have a good weekend at home!

Question...

Who here has stayed at POP before? Please give me any info.,tips, stories etc. that you might have. I'm clueless about the place! :flower3:

Some how I missed this question. But we just stayed at Pop in May. So I have a lot of things I can share. Since your are following my TR= you have seen some of my picks and things. My biggest tip would to be "To figure out what building or area you want to be in and request it" because we didn't request and we got a building the farthest from the main building- food court and stuff- and that was really annoying. I think this park is more spread out that ASMovies. We also like the Computer pool the best. The fruit bowls, chili cheese friends, and hot fudge brownie sundaes are awesome at the food court. But be aware- the brownie sundaes aren't on the dining plan- just the regular sundaes- we didn't know that and thankfully, the CM gave it to us anyways. Maybe you can ask ahead of time if you can just pay for a brownie on the side. idk. Hmm.. If I think of anything else, or if you have any questions- feel free to ask!!

I'll have some more POP pics coming up in my TR with in the next few days. I still have to finish park day #1:sad2:. I feel like it is taking forever this time. I am posting more pictures on this TR than my last one. Maybe that's why?:confused3

That's so cute that he looks up to your bf! Speaking of football, my DH is bringing my DD to a football party/dinner at his friend' house tomorrow (I have to work all weekend :sad1:) and I told him that she needs to wear her Pats jersey. We are both big football fans and i am not from the MA area, so we alternate her between the Pats jersey and her Redskins cheerleading dress. At least one of the teams is doing well.

omg - I always drool over the dining TRs! Especially when they post a ton of pictures. It always gets me excited though. We don't know when our next trip will be, DH is thinking next Sept, but I feel like that is sooooo far away! Have a good weekend at home!

Aw she will look cute!

Haha, it's really bad to read the dining TR's when you're starving! :laughing:

Some how I missed this question. But we just stayed at Pop in May. So I have a lot of things I can share. Since your are following my TR= you have seen some of my picks and things. My biggest tip would to be "To figure out what building or area you want to be in and request it" because we didn't request and we got a building the farthest from the main building- food court and stuff- and that was really annoying. I think this park is more spread out that ASMovies. We also like the Computer pool the best. The fruit bowls, chili cheese friends, and hot fudge brownie sundaes are awesome at the food court. But be aware- the brownie sundaes aren't on the dining plan- just the regular sundaes- we didn't know that and thankfully, the CM gave it to us anyways. Maybe you can ask ahead of time if you can just pay for a brownie on the side. idk. Hmm.. If I think of anything else, or if you have any questions- feel free to ask!!

I can't wait to check this place out! Thanks for the info girl.

I'll have some more POP pics coming up in my TR with in the next few days. I still have to finish park day #1:sad2:. I feel like it is taking forever this time. I am posting more pictures on this TR than my last one. Maybe that's why?:confused3

Ooh I don't mind that it's taking awhile to update on your TR. It keeps things exciting and people looking forward to more. Besides, you gotta have something to do while we wait until March!

WHAT?! OK I am a terrible DIS friend for getting here so late!! I'm glad I didn't miss too much yet :)

Your week/weekend sounds pretty fun!! I cannot find any of my Pop pictures but it was a ton of fun. Food court was pretty good, gift shop was SO fun, and the music they play will have you singing along all day! The rooms aren't the best, epecially if you've stayed at a deluxe, but it is a fine place to sleep when you are tired from spending all day at the parks! I think you will really like it. If I couldn't stay at a deluxe again I would stay at Pop. I've only been to one mod (CSR) but I liked Pop better!

WHAT?! OK I am a terrible DIS friend for getting here so late!! I'm glad I didn't miss too much yet :)

Your week/weekend sounds pretty fun!! I cannot find any of my Pop pictures but it was a ton of fun. Food court was pretty good, gift shop was SO fun, and the music they play will have you singing along all day! The rooms aren't the best, epecially if you've stayed at a deluxe, but it is a fine place to sleep when you are tired from spending all day at the parks! I think you will really like it. If I couldn't stay at a deluxe again I would stay at Pop. I've only been to one mod (CSR) but I liked Pop better!

Haha, you are NOT a terrible DIS friend. I can understand how crazy busy you've been lately. That's so exciting we're both graduating in December!

We can't wait to see POP for the first time. But, you have to tell me..what's fun about the gift shop? popcorn::

There are just so many cute little things!!! I feel like so many other gift shops have the same kind of stuff you see in the parks or else a few things that are unique to that resort. The Pop store just has so much unique little knick-knacky type stuff and the way everything is displayed just makes it fun to look around!

Can't believe we are both graduating soon and getting trips to WDW as gifts!! Congrats to us for having something AMAZING to celebrate while there!! (My dad said I can't celebrate though until I find a job, lol.)

There are just so many cute little things!!! I feel like so many other gift shops have the same kind of stuff you see in the parks or else a few things that are unique to that resort. The Pop store just has so much unique little knick-knacky type stuff and the way everything is displayed just makes it fun to look around!

Can't believe we are both graduating soon and getting trips to WDW as gifts!! Congrats to us for having something AMAZING to celebrate while there!! (My dad said I can't celebrate though until I find a job, lol.)

Oooh..well I can't wait to check the gift shop out! Thanks for the tip girl. :)

It is awesome that we're both going to graduate AND going to WDW for it. LOL to your Dad!

I am staying at POP one night during my December trip. I will have to post pictures when I get back ASAP along with a review of POP.

Just getting caught up on your PRT. How exciting, you get to make your ADRs tomorrow. Good luck and I can't wait to hear what you got.

Time for the $50 question.....

Are you going to try to make your ADRs tonight or wait till morning?

Where are you trying to get?

UMMM I guess that was 2 questions.. Well split up the $50- $25 each!:rolleyes1

Just finished reading your "07 report, thanks for the link. I really enjoyed reading it. Your family has so much fun together!

Did you and BF pick out Halloween costumes?

Me DH and 2 nephews are dressing up with a Ghostbusters theme with me and older nephew being ghostbusters, youngest nephew being Slimer and DH being the Stay Puft Marshmallow man lol.

Good luck with your ADRs! :wizard:

I am staying at POP one night during my December trip. I will have to post pictures when I get back ASAP along with a review of POP.

Can't wait to hear about it!

Just getting caught up on your PRT. How exciting, you get to make your ADRs tomorrow. Good luck and I can't wait to hear what you got.

Glad you're here! I'm so excited!

Time for the $50 question.....

Are you going to try to make your ADRs tonight or wait till morning?

Where are you trying to get?

UMMM I guess that was 2 questions.. Well split up the $50- $25 each!:rolleyes1

:laughing: Okay..

I think I might wait until morning. I have a feeling everyone is going to try at 3 am and I'm scared. :laughing:

I want: Kona for breakfast, The Wave, Le Cellier (I'm hopeful), Hollywood Brown Derby, and Yak & Yeti.

TINK THE HOURS ARE UP CHECK THIS LINK>>>>>>>

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw...&date=20100201

Oh my..darn it the link doesn't work for me!

Just finished reading your "07 report, thanks for the link. I really enjoyed reading it. Your family has so much fun together!

Did you and BF pick out Halloween costumes?

Me DH and 2 nephews are dressing up with a Ghostbusters theme with me and older nephew being ghostbusters, youngest nephew being Slimer and DH being the Stay Puft Marshmallow man lol.

Good luck with your ADRs! :wizard:

Aw, thanks for reading my '07 TR. It was nervewrecking to write since it was my first TR!

I did find a costume..but I don't think it's appropriate enough to post a pic of on here..but I'm going to be a ref and B/F is going to wear his football jersey from high school. Haha, yeah I know he's going ALL out isn't he?! :rolleyes:

Aw..that sounds like cute costumes!

It's been a couple of days since I've come over here, tinkgurl!! I had forgotten you were getting to make ressies today!!! Super excited to see if you get all you wanted. I'll check back tomorrow for an update!

Woo! So glad you've started a new PTR!!!! I'm definitely in. :yay: Any luck with your ADRs today?

I've stayed at Pop a few times. Most recently, Aaron and I stayed at Pop for a night in August. We requested a king room and got it. It was nice b/c it included a mini fridge. The only down side, it was also an accessible room and the bathroom creeped Aaron out. Here are some pics of he room:

WDW2009411-1.jpg

WDW2009409-1.jpg

WDW2009408-1.jpg

WDW2009410-1.jpg

We were in the 70's building, somewhere in the 300s. The location was GREAT, especially for being a standard view. We were really close to Classic Hall and we only had to pay $45 for the room! I think Pop is definitely the best of the value resorts. I've had a lot of fun there.

It's been a couple of days since I've come over here, tinkgurl!! I had forgotten you were getting to make ressies today!!! Super excited to see if you get all you wanted. I'll check back tomorrow for an update!

HI! I'll be posting about my ADR's soon! :)

Woo! So glad you've started a new PTR!!!! I'm definitely in. :yay: Any luck with your ADRs today?

I've stayed at Pop a few times. Most recently, Aaron and I stayed at Pop for a night in August. We requested a king room and got it. It was nice b/c it included a mini fridge. The only down side, it was also an accessible room and the bathroom creeped Aaron out. Here are some pics of he room:

Hi girl! I'll be posting about my ADR's soon.

Thanks for the pics! :)

You were able to get through for your ADRs? That's good. I have been trying to switch one all day and I can't get through.

Oh I thought about you today. I bought the new Tinkerbell movie! It's so cute!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter