Golden "50" Wedding Anniv.

Paula Kapotes

Earning My Ears
Bringing parents to WDW for their 50th Wedding Anniv. in November '02. We're staying at the Polynesian, and Beach Club.
Do the hotels do anything special for them, can they renew their wedding vows anywhere?? I want to make it a memorable one for them! Thanks!

I would mention that you are celebrating their anniversary every chance you get. However, when I took my parents for their 50th, the only acknowledgement was an anniversary cake at V&A (which was very nice).

If you want to do a vow renewal, you have to make the arrangements and pay for it. There are several posters here who can give you the details or you can search through the posts.

If you do the luau at the Polynesian, they usually bring up honeymooners and people who are celebrating anniversaries. I'm sure they would highlight your parents for celebrating 50 years.

Hi! Disney's Fairytale Weddings has recently come up with separate Vow Renewal packages. Go to www.disneyweddings.com and click on Vow Renewals, if you are interested in doing something like that for your parents. I am pretty sure that you can get the add-on package for a VR, so that would be less money than the package prices they quote on there, which include 4 nights hotel & park passes.
There is also a re-hitching ceremony at the Garden Grill, if the vow renewal is out of the budget range. You might also want to check into a vow renewal option with the Swan & Dolphin hotel; I know that they have less expensive packages than FTW does.
Cheers!
Heather P

Paula, I think it is wonderful that your parents will be celebrating 50 years. Wow! By the way, if you want to see what another couple did to celebrate their 50 year anniversary, click on this link.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter