Golf carts at FW

perfectscruggs

Earning My Ears
Are the Golf Carts at Fort Wilderness 4 seater? I thought if they were, we could rent one for me, DH, DD14, DS14, and have our DS5 sit on our laps.

Also, are they convenient? Are there places to park them near the bustops and boat dock? Would like to take them to the boat dock and park, then take bus to MK.

Thanks!

Hi,

Yes the golf carts are "4 seaters"
at FW. I think your 5 year old could
just sit in the middle in the front.
The carts have 2 bench seats one
facing forward and one facing
backward.

FW is a big place and they are very
convenient. It can take a while to
use the internal buses to get to
the marina or the bus stop, but
with a cart there is no waiting,
you just drive to the marina,
bus stop, or anywhere in FW
you want to go.

The boat ride to MK is the best.
Good luck

I couldn't agree more!
A golf cart ride to the marina, then the boat ride to MK - THE BEST!

29 days 'til "Magic Time"

Can anyone give me a good idea of how much the golf carts are per day/week? Thanks!
:D

The golfcarts are 40 bucks a day....
...and about the boat...
nice ride, but it takes too long...

Personally, I wouldn't waste $40/day on the carts UNLESS I was going to be spending the day at the campground and would be using it a lot. $40 just to ride to marina and back seems to be a bit pricy.

That's just me ... I'd rather spend the $40 on something else and ride the internal bus to and from the marina.

I have seen as many as 7 people on one of the carts. It didnt look comfortable and it had to be stressing the cart, But it obviously is possible.

If a FW CM sees you piling 7 people on a golf cart, they will make you take it back! We've seen it happen! They're getting really picky about the carts.

But, you should be fine with your 5-year-old squeezing in between you in the front seat. :)

I think that Disney needs to be stricter about the abuse of the carts. The 7 people event I spoke of happened on Monday Feb 17th in daylight near the settlement. I also saw people driving carts that obviously were not 16 yrs old. I have been at FW many times and never saw any of the cart rules enforced. I think that Disney walks a fine line when enforcing rules. The one thing people will consistantly do is lie when caught doing something wrong or illegal.

They do enforce the electric cart rules, just not consistently by all cast members. Security patrols the resort on a regular basis adn they do crack down, unfortunately they can't be in all places at all times, we love to have the carts to cruise around the resort. we eventually will buy one of our own as the cost does add up fast.

We have used both the carts and we have taken out bikes. We will always take our bikes from now own. You can get close to everything, you can park and lock your bikes and you don't have to wait for the bus. Not to mention, the exercise.
Linda

We just bought one! :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

Now, we need to get a trailer. I can't wait to use it at FW for the first time!

Originally posted by TRAPPED-PARENT
Personally, I wouldn't waste $40/day on the carts UNLESS I was going to be spending the day at the campground and would be using it a lot. $40 just to ride to marina and back seems to be a bit pricy.

I have to agree. Plus, FW is so beautiful, we love to take walk around the resorts. We also enjoy renting the bikes & riding around for the day. Good exercise & works off all the Mickey Bars we eat during our stay. :)

If we only have able-bodied adults in our party we are happy with just bikes, but with smaller kids and my mom we love the golf cart. Having the golf cart also makes it easier to be spontaneous--hop in the cart to catch the sunset, buy eggs at the Meadows, see the EWP, see the campers' decorations, etc. It is also wonderful for putting the little one to sleep in the evenings!

I also love riding around on it alone in the early evenings and giving rides to tired folks. You meet the nicest people this way! Once took a guy who had forgotten his popcorn from the movie to the cabins, waited while he popped it, and drove him back. He was happy to skip the walk!

However, if gas prices go too high we may have to skip the golf cart to pay for the gas. I guess I can strap the stroller to my basket--hope I don't have to!

There used to be a company outside of WDW that would deliver a cart to FW for a rental period. WDW did away with that. Is there a place to rent off property where we could pick it up and bring it into FW on our own?

Yes, there are companies where you can rent them and bring them in to FW on your own trailer. Try Golf Cart Enterprises.

Did you check with Golf Cart Enterprises? Let us know. Anybody have aphone number or website? Anybody use them recently?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter