Google/Apple Pay and Disney Visa Discount

Straulin

Mouseketeer
On our last trip, we brought our Disney Visa along to pay for things to get the discount at various shops and restaurants.

Does anyone know if you get this discount if you load your card on Google pay? (We are android users but for the sake of discussion or if it works for Apple pay?)

It would be nice to just be able to use a magic band and get the discount based upon the card tied to the reservation, but that has never worked.

It won't automatically be applied, no. A cast member needs to see the card prior to the total being added up and manually enter the discount. You should be able to show your electronic card via the app as proof. I bought a Disney Visa exclusive pin recently and paid with Google pay, and showing my card on the phone screen was enough for the CM.

I'm bumping up this thread because I have the same question, and it would be nice to see further confirmation. So, even if I have the Disney Visa in the app, and my MB is linked to it, the only way to get the discount is to actually show the card anyway, right? (Or the picture in Apple Pay?)

How about if you're mobile ordering? I haven't checked the list of restaurants which offer the discount, but if you're mobile ordering and paying, won't that mean you won't get the discount? (Or maybe no QS places even offer the Disney Visa discount?)

Thanks.

We went back in October after my initial post. We switched apple phones also. Apple pay has an image of the card, and it worked for us to show the image. I think that is up to the cast member though.

I'm bumping up this thread because I have the same question, and it would be nice to see further confirmation. So, even if I have the Disney Visa in the app, and my MB is linked to it, the only way to get the discount is to actually show the card anyway, right? (Or the picture in Apple Pay?)

How about if you're mobile ordering? I haven't checked the list of restaurants which offer the discount, but if you're mobile ordering and paying, won't that mean you won't get the discount? (Or maybe no QS places even offer the Disney Visa discount?)

Thanks.
You have to show the card. Some CMs have accepted the card in mobile wallets if it shows a pic. But technically they don't have to.
There is no Visa discount on any QS so mobile ordering is not an issue.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter