Got My InStep SIngle & Double-Bad News!

welovedis

Disneyland here we come!
I have no idea what InStep or Schwinn did to this great stroller but when I got the boxes open, I almost cried. The back support area where the child's head rests has a metal frame which is designed terribly. The metal pushes on the child's head-depending on how tall they are and is very uncomfortable.

I could barely fold either of them, the single was better than the double but they were but very difficult and would not stay closed. There is a thin, flimsy plastic strap that holds it closed with-get this--a SNAP! The strap and snap look like they will fall apart within a week of regular use, IMO.

The handles have no padding at all and the telescoping part seems really muich more flimsy that the rest of the metal handle, KWIM? When I folded them up they seem really hard to handle and the wheels kept flopping around since the front wheels don't lock at all.

I emailed the seller I bought these from and they are willing to take them back, I just have to pay return shipping. She stated that she can sell them again as she has had a lot of requests for them.

I feel bad that I even posted any links to this stroller without seeing it in person first since I really wouldn't recommend it now. I realize everyone's opinion is different but I can't imagine anyone really liking this stroller at all.

I wish they had just kept it the same as it was a couple of years ago-now that was a great stroller!

I posted on ths a couple od days ago! I agree completely. JCPenney is refusing to pay the Return UPS charges and I don't live near one. Ugh!! Threehearts

I really appreciate you posting this honest appraisal. I had intended to get this stroller, but now I'm back to the drawing board. We're not going to DW until November, but I like to figure these things out ahead of time so that I can get the best deal ;)

I know the Kolcraft basic double stroller isn't wonderful, but I may just settle for that. I could get it for free right now (I have TRU Visa rewards saved up, plus w/ the TRU baby fair it's only $45 right now). I refuse to pay $300 for a double stroller that won't get used outside of Disney. Wish I could run into a deal on a used double stroller...

kfeuer-I wish I had better things to say about this one. I took it to FedEx this morning to ship it back and I am back to the drawing board myself.

The other suggestion I have is to check out the stroller board at parentsplace.com:
http://boards2.parentsplace.com/messages/get/ppstrollers209.html

A warning that the board archives pretty quickly but the people there are superb at helping to locate a good stroller for your children and your needs. They might even have some suggestions for a used stroller to look for on eBay or the stroller swap board on Yahoo.

HTH!

I hope this isn't true! I am expecting mine to come in tmrw...and like you said...everyone's opinion is different...I hope mine turns out to be...will post more when I see it for myself...:(

ugh...and I just checked the "great" return policy...basically I stuck with it unless it is damaged, defective, or incorrectly shipped...wonderful...guess that's what I get for ordering from some random site...
:rolleyes:

mmounsey-I'm sorry if the post I made discouraged you. :( I really should have said it more that it was my personal opinion about the stroller. I have posted recently that I am a stroller fanatic and will stroller watch while out just to see what is out there-lol!

You might get it and really like it to suit your needs. Or you might think the same that I did. I was more disappointed because I had the older model of this stroller from years ago and it seemed to be made better, IMO.

Anyway, hope you have better luck than I did. :)

was the model number of the older one SU222?

http://instep.net/pages/product_display.php?retrieve_prod=1&prod_number=SU222

I am curious, since I looked at this picture (the stroller is discontinued) and it has the same cross bars over the baskets (which, I guess isn't that big of a deal, since I was planning on using a backpack anyway).

anyway, I've calmed down a bit and hopefully it will work out.
My boys are tiny for their ages (4 yrs and 28 lbs; 2 yrs and around 22 lbs) so it may work for them. They are also short for their ages as well. I guess I always add more padding to it if it comes down to it...:)

Originally posted by welovedis
mmounsey-I'm sorry if the post I made discouraged you. :( I really should have said it more that it was my personal opinion about the stroller. I have posted recently that I am a stroller fanatic and will stroller watch while out just to see what is out there-lol!

You might get it and really like it to suit your needs. Or you might think the same that I did. I was more disappointed because I had the older model of this stroller from years ago and it seemed to be made better, IMO.

Anyway, hope you have better luck than I did. :)

Ok, so I got the stroller today and it's not so bad. I'll have to agree with you on the strap to close it (I am calling them tomorrow to get it replaced with a plastic one---which is what they have pictured in the manual).

I really love the fabric on it, but the canopies are a little flimsy.
My boys are small, and the older one (4) fits great now, but I'm sure by the end of the year he won't fit, but by then we'll probably use it for the next kid (due in July).

I can see what you mean about the metal support, but it didn't seem to bother ds(4). I was thinking of buying those seat belt things that are used for car seats to add a little extra padding.

According to the fedex tracking, the package weighed 24 lbs (but it still seems heavy...)

So, I'm glad with my purchase (I also love the little extra bags behind each stroller itself) and don't regret it.

Like you said, it may work for some, but not for others.:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter