Grand Floridian Add-On

If things go the way I believe they will, it will be 100 to 125.

If an incentive off base price doesn’t start until 150, then I’ll stay with 100.

I’m looking at a minimum of 100. It depends on how they frame incentives from there. We are fans of split stays, so we plan to stay at RIV on our Epcot/HS days and move over to VGF for our MK and resort enjoyment days (BLT/Poly and even WL).

We are keeping our SSR points for now as SAP or Disney Springs days. I may sell these points and move to a resort with more years like POLY or CCV. These will likely be a resale contract, as VGF and RIV will be direct.

I may buy a small contract at DLT. I know the question was regarding VGF, but the strategy of it all is what directs my purchase.

Really really depends on incentives and base price, I really only want another 75ish points but I am willing to sell one of my current contracts and buy 150+ pts if the incentives for VGF2 are great at 150 pts. If the base price is high and there are no incentives under 150 I will hold off and buy resale in the future, if the base price is compelling I may buy ~75 pts regardless of incentives.

As others have mentioned, it all depends on the price/incentives. I'm looking at 25-50, depending on what they set the minimum floor at.

For new members it will most likely be 150 unless they change the minimum buyin.

I can see myself adding on but only if there are incentives at 100 points and only if the price is “right” :-)

I must be on Mars. Many on here expect VGF2 to be priced at $207 AND they want incentives on top of that ?!?!? I don't know if this is a secret or not, but Disney is into making money and this conversion is being done for that very reason. I know they are going to need to sell 2m points but they have the same issue at AUL & RIV and you don't see those contacts on clearance / fire sale prices. This is their "Flagship" they will not hand out free points on the cheap. Your going to have to pay. There are no microwaves because they want you to spend money at the resort. If you want cheap stuff, value resorts offer what your looking for.

I must be on Mars. Many on here expect VGF2 to be priced at $207 AND they want incentives on top of that ?!?!? I don't know if this is a secret or not, but Disney is into making money and this conversion is being done for that very reason. I know they are going to need to sell 2m points but they have the same issue at AUL & RIV and you don't see those contacts on clearance / fire sale prices. This is their "Flagship" they will not hand out free points on the cheap. Your going to have to pay. There are no microwaves because they want you to spend money at the resort. If you want cheap stuff, value resorts offer what your looking for.

I don’t know if I agree with you. It’s a speculation game right now, so your chance of being right is as good as any. However, I can give a number of reasons why I think the price could be $207 with incentives beyond the lack of microwaves. They got several million points to sell, it’s a converted building (less invested), not a 50 year lease, consistent with other currently promoted resorts, etc.

My hope is the base price is $207 with low incentives because I don’t want to buy a ton of points. But if they add decent incentives, I’ll take a look at more points…and that’s why I’m guessing they’ll add some incentives.

I think when people mention incentives they compare to what we see for RIV incentive levels.

Plus, the more I have gotten questioned answered by my guide, the more sense I get I am going to be happy come Thursday.

I put an offer in on another 50 at BLT last week, so I may hold off on VGF2. It really depends on the price. If it is a really good price, I might buy 50 there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter