Grand Floridian DVC Info, Speculation, and Update Thread - Part 1!

I hope I'm allowed to post exciting VGF news (for myself at least!) here. We added on our points and saw the deposit go through today, the extra points are in and I just booked us two nights in a lake view studio for our honeymoon! I AM SOOOO EXCITED! I've always wanted to stay here and now it's not only "home" it's also part of our honeymoon :cool1:

I'm very glad our guide called us - we weren't planning on adding but he told us how much it would be to add on and I couldn't pass it up! :banana:

I'm sure this has been answered 100 times in this thread but have not been able to locate it. How much are the points? Are there any specials yet? Usually when there is something going on we hear from DVC but have not received anything in the mail yet :confused3

I'm sure this has been answered 100 times in this thread but have not been able to locate it. How much are the points? Are there any specials yet? Usually when there is something going on we hear from DVC but have not received anything in the mail yet :confused3

Stupid Question #2 (I found the answer for my first stupid question)
Trying to find the number to call to find out about purchasing. I call DVC but none of the options fit. I looked in the DVC website but all it says is contact my vacation club guide. Do I have a vacation club guide?

Stupid question #3
We purchased Beach club Villa's about 12 years ago. Financing was so easy. Once you decided to purchase you just signed on the dotted line. Disney financed you so there was no long drawn out credit checks. Has the process changed??

$145 per pt for existing members. It will go to $150 per pt on June 19th when sales start for new members.

Stupid Question #2 (I found the answer for my first stupid question)
Trying to find the number to call to find out about purchasing. I call DVC but none of the options fit. I looked in the DVC website but all it says is contact my vacation club guide. Do I have a vacation club guide?

Stupid question #3
We purchased Beach club Villa's about 12 years ago. Financing was so easy. Once you decided to purchase you just signed on the dotted line. Disney financed you so there was no long drawn out credit checks. Has the process changed??

If you start on an online chat on the Disney Vacation Club web site and ask about buying VGF as an existing member but do not have a guide, they will route you to a new guide.

If you purchase at least 50 pts, financing is still available directly from Disney.

Can you tell me the difference between the dedicated two bedroom and the two bedroom lockoff?

The dedicated has two queen beds vs. queen and pull out in second bedroom. There is a larger closet in dedicated due to a lack of kitchenette in the second bedroom (which is in the lock off to support the studio).

DVC News (online site) has lots of good data on VGF including updated floor plans for each unit showing all interior layout items.

I hope I'm allowed to post exciting VGF news (for myself at least!) here. We added on our points and saw the deposit go through today, the extra points are in and I just booked us two nights in a lake view studio for our honeymoon! I AM SOOOO EXCITED! I've always wanted to stay here and now it's not only "home" it's also part of our honeymoon :cool1:

I'm very glad our guide called us - we weren't planning on adding but he told us how much it would be to add on and I couldn't pass it up! :banana:

Congratulations tellemarie. Best wishes to you and your groom. And hope you have a wonderful time at VGF.

Can't really tell right now, but maybe there will be some drawers on the sides of the murphy bed and/or in the closet. I kind of doubt they would leave no drawers in the room at all... but you never know.

I hope you are correct and I jumped the gun. But I don't think I am. The closet is pretty small and I doubt they will add lots of drawers to the night stand. I think the OKW villas were the last ones to have night stands with more than one drawer.

BTW, bigAWL have you updated your overlaid photo of the condo drawings and the google earth map using a drawing with the current walkway that goes in to the side of the building versus the front entrance? I appreciate you going to the trouble of your original overlay. It gave me and many others a really good idea of how the building would be positioned on the construction site.

I'd really love to see the update it if you have you've already created one. Thanks.

If you start on an online chat on the Disney Vacation Club web site and ask about buying VGF as an existing member but do not have a guide, they will route you to a new guide.

If you purchase at least 50 pts, financing is still available directly from Disney.

How do you start an on-line chat? I didn't see that option anywhere in the DVC website??

Is your guide your sales person? I know the name of ours but don't know if he is still there. It has been years since we bought

I hope you are correct and I jumped the gun. But I don't think I am. The closet is pretty small and I doubt they will add lots of drawers to the night stand. I think the OKW villas were the last ones to have night stands with more than one drawer.

BTW, bigAWL have you updated your overlaid photo of the condo drawings and the google earth map using a drawing with the current walkway that goes in to the side of the building versus the front entrance? I appreciate you going to the trouble of your original overlay. It gave me and many others a really good idea of how the building would be positioned on the construction site.

I'd really love to see the update it if you have you've already created one. Thanks.

Thanks. No I haven't done an update. Maybe I'll take a look at doing another.

From the member website (below). Looks like these villas really are going to be nice! I am shocked they are going to have TV's in the mirrors of EVERY bathroom- seems a bit of overkill :), but oh well- I guess it will be grand!

If you go to other places around the country (e.g. Vegas), mini TVs in all bathrooms at the higher end hotels (like the Wynn) are fairly standard. Some of the places I stay in Chicago when I travel for work have them as well. it's really nice to have, shark week notwithstanding. ;). For the prices at GF, really all rooms should have them, not just the new villas. Maybe the next refurb...

If you go to other places around the country (e.g. Vegas), mini TVs in all bathrooms at the higher end hotels (like the Wynn) are fairly standard. Some of the places I stay in Chicago when I travel for work have them as well. it's really nice to have, shark week notwithstanding. ;). For the prices at GF, really all rooms should have them, not just the new villas. Maybe the next refurb...

VGF dues will be fun to watch...

I know that the views aren't that great and the number of rooms by category and size is limited but does anyone know what's in the lobby. Guides aren't saying much and I expect that all services are at the GF.

:earsboy: Bill

I know that the views aren't that great and the number of rooms by category and size is limited but does anyone know what's in the lobby. Guides aren't saying much and I expect that all services are at the GF.

Hi Bill,

My guide stated it will have its own check in / out service (for most hours - not late at night) and concierge in the building. However, no food services, etc. That will rely on GF services. Again, just one guide speaking... but that is what he said.

Hi Bill,

My guide stated it will have its own check in / out service (for most hours - not late at night) and concierge in the building. However, no food services, etc. That will rely on GF services. Again, just one guide speaking... but that is what he said.

So same as BLT pretty much.

I never saw a studio as anything but a hotel room. There will be about 25 studios at VGF that will be like the hotels rooms at GF-which has 900 of them. Just now they will be about 1/3 the price.

On the contrary-many families will now not need the 1BR (much less the 2BR) since the studios sleep 5 and have 2 showers.

There will be 47 lock offs at VGF so that means a maximum of 47 studios. I agree it means that more people are vying for the smaller room. When you think about it, would most people really want to sleep five people in what is the equivalent of a MBR in many 3000 sq. ft. homes? It just proves that many DVC members will do anything to save points.

I wouldn't be surprised that eventually you'll need to own points at VGF just to book a studio. And since 1BRs are usually the last rooms to be booked at most WDW DVC resorts the gap will be even bigger at VGF.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter