Gratuities for Starlight Safari?

tetera

Mouseketeer
Are Starlight Safari guides CMs that we should be tipping?

We find it confusing sometimes...like we brought money to tip for the Behind the Seeds Tour at Epcot last year but it became apparent that it wasn't a tipping situation; we didn't tip the first time we did archery and horseback riding at Fort Wilderness but then learned that we basically stiffed the CMs the first time and felt horrible and have tipped them since then. We brought money to tip our carriage driver at Fort Wilderness year before last since that seemed to be one of the more obvious tipping situations (to us) but they had a little bronze plaque in the carriage saying that tips were neither expected nor accepted.

We just want to be prepared since we don't tend to carry much cash other than what we already have planned for non-restaurant gratuities (since we can do those by card/magicband).

I may be in the minority here, but I say you don't have to tip any cast members with the exception of food servers and bar tenders. Maybe room cleaning staff at end of stay, although they only clean every couple of days now since covid. I miss daily room cleaning. If it were up to me I'd get room cleaned every day and towels replaced every day like back in the day.

I did this twice and did not tip. I don't recall anyone tipping. (I'm not an anti-tipper.)

P.S. You could ask in the Animal Kingdom Lodge thread on the Resorts forum. This Tips forum doesn't get a lot of traffic.

I did this twice and did not tip. I don't recall anyone tipping. (I'm not an anti-tipper.)

P.S. You could ask in the Animal Kingdom Lodge thread on the Resorts forum. This Tips forum doesn't get a lot of traffic.

Thank you! I couldn't find the AKL thread in the resorts forum; probably should have just posted in the regular Resort forum area then, but this info is helpful - I appreciate it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter