Great Movie Ride closes for Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see how TCM ending it's deal would mean the ride would close, it's only sponsored it for a couple years so it's not a big deal and why on earth close it this fall when already half the park is closed off, nothing makes sense for that. I would be sad to see it change completely, maybe a scene or 2, but not a 100% redo, no offense to Mickey either, maybe give him a bigger Fantasia scene.

I don't see how TCM ending it's deal would mean the ride would close, it's only sponsored it for a couple years so it's not a big deal and why on earth close it this fall when already half the park is closed off, nothing makes sense for that.

I don't think it is as much about the TCM sponsorship ending, as much as it is just trying to update the ride and bring it up to the level they are now bringing to the rest of the park. As far as timing I have to agree though. If you close this ride while TSL and SWL are still under construction you are just going to further push guests away from this park for the time being. At that rate one would have to throw out the question of why not just completely close the park, shine everything up and reopen completely with a new name, etc.

I don't think it is as much about the TCM sponsorship ending, as much as it is just trying to update the ride and bring it up to the level they are now bringing to the rest of the park. As far as timing I have to agree though. If you close this ride while TSL and SWL are still under construction you are just going to further push guests away from this park for the time being. At that rate one would have to throw out the question of why not just completely close the park, shine everything up and reopen completely with a new name, etc.
Yeah on the TCM, I just read that on the first page as I tried to catch up this thread, not realizing till now it was started last fall mentioning TCM.

TCM change to Mickey ride by a lot of accounts from insiders is due to cost to run and maintain the current ride system and the fact the current system is in dire need of repair. So they are going to a whole new ride, new ride system(similar to RAT in France) which will be easier to maintain. So it was driven some by cost, and some by wanting a new experience in the Park to help overflow due to SWE coming to DHS

The TCM deal was ended early. The rumor states it was ended early for the mickey ride.
Wait, you're saying TCM ended their deal with Disney but TCM just played Disney movies in June with a line up in September for vault nights. Maybe I'm confused on what you area saying ended, the deal or rumor?

Wait, you're saying TCM ended their deal with Disney but TCM just played Disney movies in June with a line up in September for vault nights. Maybe I'm confused on what you area saying ended, the deal or rumor?
Disney ended the deal early. I'm not sure what month it ends this year though. TCM still has a deal with Disney for ABD river cruises or something like that.

Disney ended the deal early. I'm not sure what month it ends this year though. TCM still has a deal with Disney for ABD river cruises or something like that.
Oh, I thought it was still finishing out in 2018 and just not being renewed. Either way, I still don't see how it would cause the ride to close and change since it was such a new thing anyway.

Oh, I thought it was still finishing out in 2018 and just not being renewed. Either way, I still don't see how it would cause the ride to close and change since it was such a new thing anyway.
Well Robert Osborne is the narrator and he has since passed. I have heard they want to get rid of that portion at leas since they wouldn't be able to update with his voice anymore. The Mickey ride Rumor is pretty strong and is coming from numerous sources. The ride would close this year and the new trackless ride would open late 2019.

I guess it will be interesting to see what/if anything happens, but What they should do is work on the old Monsters Sound/Drew Carey Sounds Dangerous/Star Wars film & Superstar Televison/Idol/Frozen Stage and turn that all into something and leave Great Movie Ride alone.

I signed the petition and posted on my facebook...only 75 petitioners so far, not a very big showing.

@lentesta on Twitter posts this:

Len Testa‏ @LenTesta 2h2 hours ago

Hearing Great Movie Ride will close for a Mickey attraction. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but soon, and by Summer 2018.pic.twitter.com/agDejv5oVR

DEiVb8-VoAA0B2k.jpg

9:04 AM - 12 Jul 2017

https://twitter.com/LenTesta/status/885122808652713984

May happen.
Nobody knows when.

BTW, this rumor (this VERSION of the rumor) has been discussed here many times
in the past year, or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter