Great Skyauction Buy now on - but act fast!!

How soon after purchase can you book your week or weeks? Is it better to have a "wait and see" attitude towards weeks in the future? I know it is that way for getravelop, but I wonder if this draws from the same availability pool.

These look great to me!

as soon as you have the certificate "number" you can call the getawayweeks venue ( you will also need the "expiration date" to give to the vacation counselor )

the inventory is probably very similar to travelop if not the same pool ( they have invntory that they have to move so it does not matter where it moves from )

as to the question about wait and see....it is always a gamble

case in point we booked a new mexico resort in a two bedroom for next april as soon as we got the certificate, thinking we should book as soon as possible, but upon checking a couple of weeks later they had inventory for 3 bedrooms at the same resort for the same time period..( just out of curisoity, just checked and they still have availability at the resort in new mexico albeit just the two bedrooms now )....you just never know... a lot depends on the time of year and the location/demand of the resort

most of these weeks should not be exchange weeks but rather surplus weeks provided to RCI by the resorts ( this changes all the time, the better resorts seemed to have reigned in their RCI offereings ....thus the changing complexion of resorts from what used to be offered on Skyauction )

that is an awesome deal....i just bought 3 certificates!! You can't get a deal any better that that!

:cool1:

Hi,

I am new to this so i really dont know how this works.
I am going to Orlando for a week from dec 8 to 15. Its just me and my wife ;)

Certificates are available for this item number
Item Number: 1340183
Price: $179

so if i buy a certificate, can i use it to book the following resort by just paying $179 or is there anything extra I need to pay?

Celebration World Resort
Kissimmee, FL
Unit Description Check-In/Check-Out
1 Bedroom, 4 Guests, Full Kitchen 12/8/07 - 12/15/07
1 Bedroom, 4 Guests, Partial Kitchen 12/8/07 - 12/15/07
2 Bedrooms, 4 - 6 Guests, Full Kitchen 12/8/07 - 12/15/07

Please help me to decide whether to go for it ??

I think there is also a $20 admin fee at time of purchase, therefore $199 total for the week.

How long does it take to receive the certificates? I don't see a number on the skyauction site to call and ask.

How long does it take to receive the certificates? I don't see a number on the skyauction site to call and ask.

they ups the certificates to you once the processing has taken place, however the certificate number will be listed in your "vacations" attached to the auction number on the website, thus you can get the # earlier but you do need to know when the certificate expires, the vacation guides will ask for the information when you try to book sometihing on getawayweeks

How often do deals like this one come along on here?

they have certificates related to getaway weeks all the time....under different names....but they will always say something like

7 Night Stay at the Resort of Your Choice within the description

use the above term to seach ....

they also have a ready set go auction ( which draws from the same inventory ) but are auctions which are more expensive since they in the past have gone for an average of 50$ but have 195$ + 20$ processing fee

this is a good way to try out a timeshare ( albeit you are not gonna get into a lot of Gold Crown resorts from this inventory )

If you buy these, can you gift them? Can I get one for BIL and he could use it?

never mind..got the answer.

Validity Dates: Anytime within the following date(s):
Now thru 4/30/2009

Once I found the auction, I answered my own question...

Can I give my vacation certificate to another person?
Yes. At the time you book your reservation you will provide the name of the traveler. At that time it will become non-transferable.

OMG...I just bought 4 weeks...The DIS is EVIL to make me spend money this way.:eek:

Ok, so I just bought a certificate :goodvibes

Now, how long do I have to wait to book? I have a particualr resort in mind of a particualr date.... I dont want it to be gone by the time I can book!!!!

Do they send you an email with how to book????

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter