groceries while at GFV

rxpleasure

Earning My Ears
This will be our first trip to Disney world. WE are going Jan 3-9 and staying at the GFV. any suggestions on who/how to order groceries?
Thanks- from a newbie!:)

Garden Grocer or WeGoShop are the 2 most used by others on the board. Garden grocer you order from what is on their website; WeGoShop you give them your grocery list and they shop for you. I have not used either yet, but will be using WeGoShop in 2 weeks when we are at AKL. So far Amy has been very helpful.

I had seen a post on an older thread that suggested wegoshop no longer required you to meet them in person? Is this true, or is garden grocer still the only choice to drop at bell services if you're going to be at the parks when the delivery occurs?

I had seen a post on an older thread that suggested wegoshop no longer required you to meet them in person? Is this true, or is garden grocer still the only choice to drop at bell services if you're going to be at the parks when the delivery occurs?

It depends on if you are getting alcohol and/or cigarettes. I got the impression that she would leave the groceries if she did not need to verify age.

I have used We Go Shop multiple times and have never had to meet Amy in person. I just faxed her a copy of my driver's license for age verification for alcohol. She will make sure the perishables and alcohol get put in the fridge and frozen foods in the freezer, and bell services can deliver it to your room when you arrive.

We've used Garden Grocer several times and have always been satisfied. My favorites are stored in their system so after the initial order, it's very quick to order the same items for future trips.

We always go to the Publix right outside Disney World, by the outlet mall right outside the property on I-4.

I have used We Go Shop multiple times and have never had to meet Amy in person. I just faxed her a copy of my driver's license for age verification for alcohol. She will make sure the perishables and alcohol get put in the fridge and frozen foods in the freezer, and bell services can deliver it to your room when you arrive.

Back in sept, we were going to use WeGoShop until we were told they deliver shortly after our plane lands, and we had to meet them at the lobby.

Does any shopping service deliver right to the room?

We just used Garden Grocer for our VGF stay. They delivered our groceries before we even got on the plane to leave! They sent me a text message right after they delivered the groceries to Bell Services then followed up with a phone call to make sure the order was correct. Very good service. We ordered beer with our groceries and all I had to do was scan my ID into an email and send it to them before the trip. Once we got into our villa I called Bell Services and they brought everything over.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter