Grosvenor Resort??

dantejesse

Earning My Ears
Hi!! I just got Grosvenor Resort for $40 a night for end of July through priceline! Just wanted to get some opinions about it, hotel and rate!!! thanks in advance! I love reading all your opinions, they are very helpful!

We had a really BAD experience there but maybe you'll have better luck. Our room was filthy and falling apart. There was a 2 inch gap under the entry door. There was food left in our room frig. The "safe" was a free standing metal box that was holding up one end of the sink counter. Our so called Disney view was a view of nothing but our parking lot.We immediately demanded a refund and checked into DxL. On the other hand a friend stayed there and got a tower room and while it wasn't perfect it was a lot better than ours. The lobby looks so nice, unfortunately the room did not reflect the same.

I have been reading on alot of other boards that the Grosvenor is not a good site to stay at...i almost booked our reservations at that resort...instead we are staying at the Caribe royale...

before you get too bummed - remember -

You get early entry to the parks

You get free transportation to and from the parks

That's gotta count for something!!

I've seen mixed reviews for this hotel, it seems to be more of a 2 * than a 3, but it does offer the benefits above, so it's worth more than a 2*. I'd say for the price you got a great deal!!
;)

We are staying at the Grovesnor next week. I was told that they have refrigerators in the rooms. Also a plus. I can't be that bad of a hotel. It is an Official Disney hotel. Also it is the last hotel to be picked up on the bus route.

Our room was fine! The lobby was beautiful and the rooms were equivalent to most Holiday Inns. You rate was great! We paid $77.50 with our Entertainment card. The room was clean and the drinks were cold from the fridge in the morning.

Hi I booked the weekend 6-15-17 there thru Priceline also before moving on to OKW to save pts I will let you know how it was when we get back

I've never stayed at that particular hotel, so I can't help there, but you do have an excellent rate. The location is also very good - very easy access to Downtown Disney.

Keep in mind that if you aren't satisfied with your room when you check in, you can always request another one. From what I've read on this board, some rooms are definitely better than others. Generally, once you ask for another room, you are making it known that you aren't going to settle for something inadequate, and they go ahead and move you to something better. Of course, that's no guarantee.

Hi
We stayed at the Grosvenor 6/15-17. Got it on priceline for 98.50 total it was fine the room 917 was clean & the view of dtd was awesome. Request tower room with Disney view visible fireworks from PI & Epcot,Baskervilles was ok we did the prime rib buffet on Friday because there was a terrible thunderstorm. It was 25.62(5 tip) with the B1G1 COUPON from wdw4adults.com 3 pc jazz trio was good. bus service was fine last stop on the way to parks but 1st stop on drop off any questions just ask

I thought this was a great hotel. I got it thru Priceline for $35 + $5 bonus money per night so it was a triple nice hotel. It cost me about $40 per night once you add tax and Priceline fee. There was no resort fee.
My room was large with 2 double beds. It was clean and furnished nicely. The counter height refrigerator was a big bonus. We kept sandwich fixings, milk, sodas, and water cold and saved lots on meals. I just wish I had taken my little microwave with me. They provided a coffee maker, coffees, and teas.
We were able to use early entry and enight. We were also right across the street from Downtown Disney. It took about 5 minutes to walk across.
The bus service was excellent. You just need to get the schedule in your mind and you could travel with very little wait. It was very much like Disney Transportation except these buses were way more comfortable. You could also walk to the bus stop at Downtown Disney and catch the Disney buses.
The Disney Lobby Shop offered park maps and park hopper tickets including the UMP (lenght of stay passes).
We had a great experience here and wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

Carolyn

Our family stayed there for one night last fall before heading to WL for a week. The room was very nice and they treated us great!!:) :)

We loved the Grosvenor! Went to WDW last year for our 25th anniv. Split our trip between offsite, Grosvenor and DL to save $. If I would have known in advance how nice the Grosvenor was (and the GREAT location...just a walk across the street to DD, literally) we would have saved a bundle and stayed there the entire time. I mentioned to the desk clerk on check in that it was our silver anniversary and they sent a bottle of complimentary champagne to our room! I did the same at DL and the girl said, "Happy Anniversary". :)

I stayed there last June with my son, daugher and neice. We usually stay at a Disney Resort but this was a last minute trip and I was saving money. After the first night, I called CRO to get a room in a Disney Resort--I hated Grosvenor. The lobby was beautiful, the employees friendly. However, after checking in, we had to park the car by one of the garden wings (our room was in the Tower). While walking past the garden wings, there was the most unbelievable stench of garbarge (this stench happened to be in both garden wings). I ran into a lady who said she was requesting another room because the carpet in hers was moldy. Well, I expected the worst upon entering our room. Our room was actually pretty nice. My breaking point came when I took the kids to the uneventful pool--they didn't care that it wasn't eventful but there wasn't enough magic there for me. That's when I called CRO and explained the reason for my change. They said they would check into the garbage stench as well as condition of room based on what I heard.
$40.00 per night sounds like a great deal though. If I was only sleeping and showering in the room and not expecting too much atmosphere, I'd go for it. By the way, we sat on the fire escape outside the resort and had a good view of some far-away Disney fireworks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter