Guardians of the Galaxy Land is possibly coming to Hollywood Studios

The most likely ride that will be created is Mission Breakout. Disney is loving the large crowds that are flocking to California Adventure. They are out of the gate in the middle hub area.
It's very unlikely that tower in Orlando gets touched because it would involve having to retheme most of that area. Also tower in Orlando draws big crowds to begin with

@rteetz As far as you have heard, has there been any change to the Phase 3 of DHS most likely being another Pixar IP with an outside chance of BH6? That has been around for awhile and was just assumed to still be the plan.

@rteetz As far as you have heard, has there been any change to the Phase 3 of DHS most likely being another Pixar IP with an outside chance of BH6? That has been around for awhile and was just assumed to still be the plan.
I have no insider info at all but as a fan I hope there still is a phase three honestly

The thing I don't understand is why would Disney put more money into DHS? It's not like they're going to have trouble filling it with Toy Story + Star Wars.

I was always under the impression that Phase 3 was something that is in the mid to late 20's as a timeframe. So after Epcot gets some love.

Even with the two lands DHS would still be on the small side. You'd have

3 rides in STL
3 rides in TSL
1 ride in MC
2 rides in SB
1 ride in the hubish area

Plus the status of Frozen sing-a-long, LM and BatB are still up in the air.

I was always under the impression that Phase 3 was something that is in the mid to late 20's as a timeframe. So after Epcot gets some love.

Even with the two lands DHS would still be on the small side. You'd have

3 rides in STL
3 rides in TSL
1 ride in MC
2 rides in SB
1 ride in the hubish area

Plus the status of Frozen sing-a-long, LM and BatB are still up in the air.
DHS has never been a big ride type of park. Once SWL opens Launch Bay is going to go away so I think we will see theming there.

Gotg not being a big franchise etc can be proved wrong easily. Animal Kingdom and Avatar so the size of the movie isnt really a factor as aguable Gotg has more mainstream appeal than Avatar. I think rides should be updated etc but theres too much going on Hollywood studios for more work to kick off there on two of the biggest rides in the park. Longer term I can see it but they couldn't really start work in that area for a number years in my view until after star wars land has been bedded in. They will need those two rides releasing a bit of the strain when the two new areas open up. I can see it happening but not in the short or medium term. Personally I feel we are needing EPCOT to be updated before ToT and RnR and whisper it a 5th gate as imo the parks are beginning to get uncomfortable all year round now.

GotG replacing RnR would be fantatic. RnR has been needing an update for years and I think with the pull of the classic rock hits from GotG will keep the ride timeless or until the next big "super hero" craze begins. And even in that space with RnR there could be a dance party or a meet the characters around where the big guitar is now. Idk. I just feel like a GotG attraction is a better idea than a whole land.

Especially since ToT is safe. Disney isn't stupid. There would be an unbelievable riot if Tower got replaced. :scared1:

I'm fine with GotG replacing RnRC, in fact I'd be ok with almost anything replacing the generic Aerosmith theme.

I think RnRC would be a fine spot for Guardians. Better than ToT obviously, and better than in the UoE pavilion in Futureworld, though a lot would depend on an edutainment tie in for that spot. On the other hand, if we are talking RnRC you are talking about doing it now, and shutting yet another DHS attraction at a time when options in that park are paltry at best, or you have to wait several years after SWE opens. Pushing it out into the mid 2020s perhaps. That is a long horizon.

I think it is a rock and hard place for RnRC right now and it just needs to hold out the way it is for a decade. If you remember that Disney hadn't even purchased Marvel or Star Wars 10 years ago, a lot of different options could appear and disappear for an overlay on one of my favorite rides by the time it is feasible to rework it.

I have to admit all of your ideas and/or rumors are great DS11, except for maybe Cars Land.

After all of the videos for the new Guardians ride in Cali I'm Jonesing for a New Tower. Besides Twilight is no longer relevant to most young people. So what do you do to old things and old people, you get rid of them. It will be missed by many loyalists, but even they'd have to admit Breakout is a suitable replacement.

Plus if I'm not mistaken I think Disney has a contract with Twilight that's almost up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter