Guide says "VGF just sold out"

Our Guide just emailed that she was notified that VGF is now sold out. We had been chatting about picking up another 50 pts. I guess we won't!
I'd tell the guide I wanted to buy 50 points, anyway (if I really wanted them). My guess is she'd find a way to find them for you. :) Best to ask now, before they decide to raise the price. Good luck!

I'd tell the guide I wanted to buy 50 points, anyway (if I really wanted them). My guess is she'd find a way to find them for you. :) Best to ask now, before they decide to raise the price. Good luck!
Exactly. "Sold Out" is an artificial term that Disney utilizes when they decide they are down to the number of points they want to keep. Yes, Florida law requires that they retain ownership of a specific percentage of points, but that doesn't mean that they sell until they hit that percentage dead-on.

Our Guide just emailed that she was notified that VGF is now sold out. We had been chatting about picking up another 50 pts. I guess we won't!

To add, they do this as a way ti remove incentives and raise the base price.

So, I am expecting nothing for VGF tomorrow when new ones are released. But, I still think there is a good chance you can still get some.

I think I'm secretly relieved. I was dragging my feet and had kept comparing the lower resale $/pt rate. The obvious answer is of course that I should have bought the extra during the summer pricing, just wasn't a viable option at the time.

Now that it is sold out, we can see how availability plays out for next fall and winter. I am especially interested to see the speed of booking for the 1 and 2 bedroom villas in the original building. I don't think it will be anything like what some have been worried about. :)

Now that it is sold out, we can see how availability plays out for next fall and winter. I am especially interested to see the speed of booking for the 1 and 2 bedroom villas in the original building. I don't think it will be anything like what some have been worried about. :)
I wonder if setting the ideal buy in point at 150 helped with that. I imagine a lot of people who only bought the minimum of 150 direct are seeing that 150 at VGF doesn't go far and are now trying to trade out into things like 2042 resorts or BLT, AKV etc. perhaps to extend their stays.

I wonder if setting the ideal buy in point at 150 helped with that. I imagine a lot of people who only bought the minimum of 150 direct are seeing that 150 at VGF doesn't go far and are now trying to trade out into things like 2042 resorts or BLT, AKV etc. perhaps to extend their stays.
Yeah and there we have the problem.

Buyers are told that they can book all the other resorts 7 months out. Technically that's correct - BUT as we all know changing resort during fall frenzy is not easy and for some resorts it's not going to happen unless you settle for a 1br which again cost more points.

Yeah and there we have the problem.

Buyers are told that they can book all the other resorts 7 months out. Technically that's correct - BUT as we all know changing resort during fall frenzy is not easy and for some resorts it's not going to happen unless you settle for a 1br which again cost more points.

That may be, of course. I truly believe that most (but not all) who purchased VGF when BPK became available did so for studios, not the larger units. 150 points will get you a week in a standard view studio for many times of the year and 5 nights for all seasons except Easter and Christmas- New Years.

I wonder if at least a good share of add-on contracts were purchased by those just wanting a few nights to start or end a longer stay elsewhere. That's what we did - I wanted 2 or 3 nights near the MK before our longer stay in a 1 Bedroom at the BWV. It was our first purchase since 1999 and I am now content. :) We can walk to the MK from a beautiful resort and then after we move to the BWV, we can walk to EPCOT & DHS and enjoy the amenities of a 1 bedroom. Can't wait to see the refurbished units.

I hope you are right and it is not an overload of owners fighting for the original building and their larger villas.

That may be, of course. I truly believe that most (but not all) who purchased VGF when BPK became available did so for studios, not the larger units. 150 points will get you a week in a standard view studio for many times of the year and 5 nights for all seasons except Easter and Christmas- New Years.

I wonder if at least a good share of add-on contracts were purchased by those just wanting a few nights to start or end a longer stay elsewhere. That's what we did - I wanted 2 or 3 nights near the MK before our longer stay in a 1 Bedroom at the BWV. It was our first purchase since 1999 and I am now content. :) We can walk to the MK from a beautiful resort and then after we move to the BWV, we can walk to EPCOT & DHS and enjoy the amenities of a 1 bedroom. Can't wait to see the refurbished units.
Yep only time will tell. I’m pretty much doing the same thing with RIV and Poly where I really only need enough for half the week to do my split stays but knowing me I’m a point hog so I’ll probably do the 300 for Poly anyways.

I hope you are right and it is not an overload of owners fighting for the original building and their larger villas.
Those who want the larger villas may have to book right at 11 months - but if they do, I really don't think they will have a lot of problems getting them.

Could very well be a different story for those who procrastinate or need to book at 7 months. Honestly, that doesn't bother me as I believe we should buy where we want to stay - or at least where we don't mind staying if we can't switch at 7 months.

Currently the bookings are not bad. We booked just before the 7 month window and were able to get all our dates in standard view (the only way I can possibly justify booking at VGF given the insane points chart!).

That said, to us, VGF just feels like Disney, and we are so proud to own there! The team under Michael Eisner really understood how to create Deluxe Resorts. I doubt we will ever see anything as magical as Boardwalk, Yacht/Beach Club, and Grand Floridian ever created again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter