Guide says "VGF just sold out"

I signed a contract the final week of the promotion (after valiantly fighting addonitis all summer, well, a couple weeks after adding points in early summer…anyway…) and while I put down a 10% deposit in September, I *just* made the first of 3 equal remaining payments and won’t make the last one until early December. I think we’ll probably see strong sales for VGF in Oct and Nov, and maybe even December, that were all inked in Aug/Sept…and I think I read that you might even be able to sign contracts prepared a month earlier under the old deal? Maybe they weren’t keeping track of us delayed pay/closers carefully enough and suddenly realized they were approaching oversold—perhaps that’s why they are ROFRing?

Or perhaps more people in October decided that the $161 for VGF that they were on the fence about looked pretty good after all, especially with Disney ROFRing contracts in the $140 range?

FWIW, we loved the location and design of our BPK studio and I don’t see us staying in 1bed or 2bed at VGF ever. We’re not the type to spend much time in the room when we travel to Disney World.

I did the same with extending the payments out. Did you sell back 2023 points? I did but haven’t received the check yet.

I asked my Guide if we could still get the direct points at the $230 being advertised. She says no, there are zero Direct points available right now but if they start a wait list she'll let me know. Huh. Well, that's surprising!
Yes, that is surprising, especially with how perfectly it aligned with the end of the fall incentives. It isn't unprecedented, though. When I first bought into DVC almost 2.5 years ago, my guide told me that they had points available for purchase at all the WDW resorts except for VGF. VGF is my DW's favorite, and we almost bought it resale for our initial purchase. We ended up buying RIV then, but we added-on VGF during the summer incentives. I'm glad we did. Those summer incentives were a great deal and really moved inventory.

I did the same with extending the payments out. Did you sell back 2023 points? I did but haven’t received the check yet.
I received my Magical Beginnings check within 2 weeks after my final payment. They don't send them out until after the contracts have been fully paid.

Yes, that is surprising, especially with how perfectly it aligned with the end of the fall incentives. It isn't unprecedented, though. When I first bought into DVC almost 2.5 years ago, my guide told me that they had points available for purchase at all the WDW resorts except for VGF. VGF is my DW's favorite, and we almost bought it resale for our initial purchase. We ended up buying RIV then, but we added-on VGF during the summer incentives. I'm glad we did. Those summer incentives were a great deal and really moved inventory.

I received my Magical Beginnings check within 2 weeks after my final payment. They don't send them out until after the contracts have been fully paid.
Thank you! My guide just said it takes 6-8 weeks did not indicate after final payment!

Thank you! My guide just said it takes 6-8 weeks did not indicate after final payment!
Yeah, it will come after you’ve completed all payments (or so I’m told!)—my last payment is due early December and I told the guide that it was definitely in Disney’s interest to mail me a few thousand dollar check BEFORE I spend 10 days at WDW over the holidays. Mostly as a joke, but I’m sure I would blow more of the windfall back with the mouse.

No it was a 2 bedroom Aulani lock off. There was just a sign down by the pool and you could walk into the unit’s patio with a guide inside.
Gotcha. When you said "coast to coast" I was wondering if they actually have a warm body now at the Aulani models at DLH. It's weird that they still have more staff over at VGC, when the new tower is now open, and the West Coast offices (recently remodeled to-boot) for DVC are in the building behind the Frontier Tower, yet there's no one back there to show you around, (and they need to find someone to take you back).

DVC recorded deeds representing over 180,000 points sold at VGF in Sept. leaving 190,000 points to sell which had to cover contracts already sold but not yet recorded due to 30/60/90 payment schedules & the like as well as any new sales made in Oct. https://dvcnews.com/dvc-program-men...s-continue-on-a-robust-pace-in-september-2023
Based on those numbers I think that VGF2 is indeed very close to the max 98% sold.
It may also explain why the slumbering ROFR monster suddenly woke up & DVC grabbed a couple of VGF contracts recently, when typically DVC doesn’t ROFR resorts in active sales.
It took 20 months to sell out VGF2, which is in line w/ the 18-24 month timeline many were predicting back when it first went on sale in spring 2022.

I asked my Guide if we could still get the direct points at the $230 being advertised. She says no, there are zero Direct points available right now but if they start a wait list she'll let me know. Huh. Well, that's surprising!
Bummer! Seems like this happened very suddenly with no warning. Sorry that you're not able to get it. Hopefully something will come up soon if you're on the waitlist.

I'm super glad we added on in September.

My guess is it moves to $275 next month. If beach club is $275, I would think they could also ask that for VGF.

If they were grabbing up ROFR at $140, that’s some pretty solid margins.

They just moved it to $230 last month. My guess is it won’t go up again until the Spring.

I wonder if the speed with which this sold as an add on to an older association without restrictions will sway there decision with Poly 2?

Its smaller and VGF sold quick the first time as well.

Reminder RIV was outselling CCV over the same timeframe until the pandemic hit. RIV just has a ton of points.

The "lesson" learned would be to make a smaller building with less points then I guess if you want to sell out quickly.

Its smaller and VGF sold quick the first time as well.

Reminder RIV was outselling CCV over the same timeframe until the pandemic hit. RIV just has a ton of points.

The "lesson" learned would be to make a smaller building with less points then I guess if you want to sell out quickly.
Quick flip of hotel building with limited total points seems like the highest profit strategy for Disney. We prefer to be closer to the main resort features and transit, so BPK worked perfectly for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter