Gutted - flight price gone up again

I cannot believe it:worship:

Just checked for August purely out of curiosity really, and as long as I could be flexible with my dates the flights are so much cheaper to October.

What is going on :confused:

What are the dates you want?
Are you willing to go from London? personally I find it far easier from manchester indirect than to get to London then go direct. Its much easier for me to do a 2 hour swap in a US airport than a 3-4 hour drive back from London end of the holiday. I know I have only done it with 1 child but even with 4 indirect would be my option over London.

What are the dates you want?
Are you willing to go from London? personally I find it far easier from manchester indirect than to get to London then go direct. Its much easier for me to do a 2 hour swap in a US airport than a 3-4 hour drive back from London end of the holiday. I know I have only done it with 1 child but even with 4 indirect would be my option over London.

Hiya Wayne.

Our dates are 9th October to 3oth October, however i can be flexible on the dates ie a day before or a day after, we would just check into a hotel for the spare day.

As a rule we always fly PE, however like my earlier posts have stated Economy this year is significantly more expensive than what we paid for PE last :confused:

I've thought about going via Schipol from Humberside as that would sound appealing knowing that I have a 10 minute drive once home ;)

From Manchester Indirect looks like the only option unless you are going to pay silly prices. Netflights have USairways(still claim Virgin miles) Total Price£2,670.80 for 2 adults and 4 children. 9th-29th
come back a day later on 30th Delta £2,556.00 times not quite as good. Even cheaper coming back on the 31st.

Nothing for Virgin/BA unless you can fly back on the 31st Virgin from London GBP 3,307.00
Cheapest for BA is same day $5178(£3,236) total on Expedia.com

As you say not easy, just as hard as August of you want direct from Manchester, our dates(August) peaked at over £1,300 for economy, got indirect biz class for less in the end.

Hiya Wayne.

Our dates are 9th October to 3oth October, however i can be flexible on the dates ie a day before or a day after, we would just check into a hotel for the spare day.

As a rule we always fly PE, however like my earlier posts have stated Economy this year is significantly more expensive than what we paid for PE last :confused:

I've thought about going via Schipol from Humberside as that would sound appealing knowing that I have a 10 minute drive once home ;)

FWIW American Airlines looks quite cheap LHR-MIA nonstop. E.g. 11OCt-31Oct 2 adults, 4 children is showing £2393. That looks very reasonable for a nonstop flight - just under £400 each?
Just a thought. LHR-MIA is probably no good but thought I'd mention it as we're going later in Oct, and in my research there seemed plenty of AA fares out there to MIA...

AMERICAN AIRLINES 57 LHR London Oct 11, 2010
09:55 AM MIA Miami Oct 11, 2010
02:20 PM 777 Economy

O
MODIFY

AMERICAN AIRLINES 56 MIA Miami Oct 31, 2010
09:35 PM LHR London Nov 01, 2010
10:00 AM 777 Economy

N
MODIFY

Fare Summary ?
Average Fare per Person: Departure - £ 132.67 Return - £ 162.67
Passenger Type Used in Pricing Adult Child
Departure Fare per Person £ 148.00 £ 125.00
Return Fare per Person £ 184.00 £ 152.00
Total Fare per Person £ 332.00 £ 277.00
Additional Taxes and Fees per Person £ 103.57 £ 103.57
Total Price per Person £ 435.57 £ 380.57
Number of Passengers X 2 X 4
Total per Passenger Type £ 871.14 £ 1522.28
Total Price £ 2393.42

FWIW American Airlines looks quite cheap LHR-MIA nonstop. E.g. 11OCt-31Oct 2 adults, 4 children is showing £2393. That looks very reasonable for a nonstop flight - just under £400 each?
Just a thought. LHR-MIA is probably no good but thought I'd mention it as we're going later in Oct, and in my research there seemed plenty of AA fares out there to MIA...

If that route is an option possibly slightly cheaper on AA.com rather than UK site. This is how many booked cheap August flights for this year.
3589.60 USD which at $1.59 = £2,257, £376pp is a bargain for direct.

We had this option for August at £400pp just seems such a long way around from here to London them MIA to Orlando. Would certainly have been easier on my pocket ended up spending £1,170pp :rotfl2:

I have 2 things to say (only 2 this time - lucky everyone!!:rotfl2: :lmao: :rotfl:)

1. The days where teachers expect me to take my holidays in school holiday times are officially over!
  2. I had better buck up and get ready to book next year's trip if we want to do Easter. I never though I would be booking a subsequent trip 6 months before embarking on the upcoming one!
:lmao:

[*]The days where teachers expect me to take my holidays in school holiday times are officially over!

Whoah whoah whoah. Teachers expect you to take kids in school holidays as they don't want the kids to miss too much!

Don't forget, us teachers will never have the chance to go outside school holidays :(

:goodvibes

Whoah whoah whoah. Teachers expect you to take kids in school holidays as they don't want the kids to miss too much!

Oops! Didn't know the teacher was watching! :lmao: Sorry Luke, not ideal I agree. FWIW, my DD has missed one day of school in 4 and a half years - she was at the doctor! So when I couldn't get flights for October on the dates I wanted I had to scoot the trip and she is missing a week. I got over the guilt remarkably quickly. Homework will be supervised and caught up. Seriously though, if peak time prices are going to remain along the lines of what they are, I don't know how many people are going to be able to afford to go out of term time.

Don't forget, us teachers will never have the chance to go outside school holidays :(
You could phone in sick .... very sick :sick: :goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

Oops! Didn't know the teacher was watching! :lmao: Sorry Luke, not ideal I agree. FWIW, my DD has missed one day of school in 4 and a half years - she was at the doctor! So when I couldn't get flights for October on the dates I wanted I had to scoot the trip and she is missing a week. I got over the guilt remarkably quickly. Homework will be supervised and caught up. Seriously though, if peak time prices are going to remain along the lines of what they are, I don't know how many people are going to be able to afford to go out of term time.

You could phone in sick .... very sick :sick: :goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

LOL I'm having to plan an all-singing, all-dancing year 9 'taster' lesson (for those thinking of doing a Spanish GCSE) so am a bit cranky :lmao:

Fully agree about people not being able to afford to go in term time, I guess each case needs to be judged on it's own merits.
I certainly see little wrong with being taken out of school say, the last week before the Easter or summer holidays, as in all honesty (especially at summer) there's little work that will be missed.

The ones that bother me are those who seem to be taken out of school 3 or 4 times a year :rolleyes:

We've just booked our October flights 5 minutes ago! Flying Gatwick to Tampa for £430 each with BA Oct 1st-17th (Using Opodo Cashback through quidco), which I think is a bargain! :thumbsup2
I finally gave up on Virgin from Manchester (We live in Lancashire) after noting that they want £715 each today to Orlando!! :eek:
My missus parents live in Northampton, so we'll drive down to theirs the night before and get up early to drive the two hours to Gatwick. Considering that it's just a little extra drive on the U.S. side as well, I feel very lucky that we can still go at all this year :)
I was getting so stressed that it was just going to be too difficult to justify the cost for the flights.
I would just recommend to people to keep searching netflights, kayak etc and have a fiddle with dates and consider Tampa or Miami as alternative destinations. A bit of extra hassle driving I guess, but we really didn't want to fly indirect.
Good luck to all you other folks trying to sort things out x
Now, I'm just off to boing boing like Tigger for a few hours as it starts to sink in that we're going back!!! :banana::banana::banana:

Im finding the prices crazy at the moment too.

I was hoping to go 16th-30th September (or there abouts) premium economy, but the prices are changing for the worst daily.

Im seriously considering spending 2 seperate weeks at Disneyland Paris throughout the year instead to get my Disney fix as this is coming in much cheaper (I know its not the same, but its better than no disney at all)

Im seriously considering spending 2 seperate weeks at Disneyland Paris throughout the year instead to get my Disney fix as this is coming in much cheaper (I know its not the same, but its better than no disney at all)

I find Disneyland Paris much more expensive than WDW comparatively!

We spent £1800 on our three night trip over New Years (flights/hotel/tickets)!!

I find Disneyland Paris much more expensive than WDW comparatively!

We spent £1800 on our three night trip over New Years (flights/hotel/tickets)!!

I agree. That is why I have never been to DLRP. I always work out how it would compare to WDW (including flights) and it always comes out extortionate. WDW is better value in my opinion. And the sun is about. And the service is a bit better - again, just my opinion.

I agree. That is why I have never been to DLRP. I always work out how it would compare to WDW (including flights) and it always comes out extortionate. WDW is better value in my opinion. And the sun is about. And the service is a bit better - again, just my opinion.

You're right, DLP is quite expensive. However, it's a bit unfair to comment that the service isn't as good if you've never actually been. If you ever manage to get there one day, I'm sure you'll enjoy it. :)

I should actually apologise. You are absolutely right. It was badly phrased and wasn't intended to imply that the DLRP service is not good - it was more a general reference comparing service in Europe to that of the US. Again, that is subjective and depends on the person, time and place. Your comment made me re-read my post and it does look a bit, er.... snotty! :sad2: If it was more affordable, I would definitely give it a go as it would be great to do a long weekend. I only get so many day leave a year ....! But my quote for "value season" for 2 nights midweek in November last year came to just under £1000 for me and DD(7) with no food, flights or park tickets!?! I don't get any of the "kids go free/cheap" deals as it is just me and DD so she always goes as a full paying adult. Maybe that's why mine come up looking particularly expensive.

I should actually apologise. You are absolutely right. It was badly phrased and wasn't intended to imply that the DLRP service is not good - it was more a general reference comparing service in Europe to that of the US. Again, that is subjective and depends on the person, time and place. Your comment made me re-read my post and it does look a bit, er.... snotty! :sad2: If it was more affordable, I would definitely give it a go as it would be great to do a long weekend. I only get so many day leave a year ....! But my quote for "value season" for 2 nights midweek in November last year came to just under £1000 for me and DD(7) with no food, flights or park tickets!?! I don't get any of the "kids go free/cheap" deals as it is just me and DD so she always goes as a full paying adult. Maybe that's why mine come up looking particularly expensive.

No problem. :goodvibes

As you can see in my signature, I've visited DLP quite a few times, so I can get a little defensive. :rotfl:

Unfortunately it isn't as good value as going to WDW but there are special offers on from time to time. I always book with Expedia because the prices on DLP's website are ridiculous!

Not sure if everyone knows (just booked my flights so it's safe to post now!), seeing some of the economy prices thought it worht mentioning in case anyone doesn't check PE prices.

Premium Economy with Miles and Money for late august is coming in very reasonably at the moment.

Just booked 24th August to 6th September for £807 per adult (and some miles but had loads anyway)

That's MAN-MCO and not sure about term times but daughter doesn't start back until the 9th.

I've been to DLP lots of times and the service is terrible at times unacceptable from the CM's there. We have American friends who have been there and just been downright amazed at how they were treated. One of my fave things about FL and America in general is the (usually) outstanding customer service almost everywhere. The last time we went to DLP we spent more on the trip than we would of done to WDW the prices are really out of control. Of course it does not help the Euro is practically 1 for 1.

Back to the original topic. If you CAN hold out a little longer usually during the spring months BA and Virgin will have further sales which usually include up until the end of October. Of course they may not have any more sales for the rest of the year and prices coudl continue to rise but historically thats not been the case.

I've been to DLP lots of times and the service is terrible at times unacceptable from the CM's there. We have American friends who have been there and just been downright amazed at how they were treated. One of my fave things about FL and America in general is the (usually) outstanding customer service almost everywhere. The last time we went to DLP we spent more on the trip than we would of done to WDW the prices are really out of control. Of course it does not help the Euro is practically 1 for 1.

Back to the original topic. If you CAN hold out a little longer usually during the spring months BA and Virgin will have further sales which usually include up until the end of October. Of course they may not have any more sales for the rest of the year and prices coudl continue to rise but historically thats not been the case.

Got to agree with you here nemmie.

I was appauled with the service and overall attitude at DLPR. A large group of us commented that they need to send the CM's over to WDW to see how it should be done.

We was staying in the Presidential suite at one of the resorts and I had a number of things stolen from within our room which will always put a dark cloud over my experience.

I have vowed never to go again.

I say each to there own, and what some people love others hate. My best DF has just come back from WDW and, although she had a great time, she can not understand how I can go back every year.:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter