• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Gutted - flight price gone up again

Thanks everyone!

I really am glad I booked!

Its my 40th Birthday Party in April - Fancy Dress Pirates & Princess Party - Now where did I get that idea from...??!!

So with planning my party and planning my holiday I am a busy excited bee!!

Just tell me that The Wizarding World of Harry Potter will be open by July..... Everyone is saying "in the Spring".... so I am assuming it will be fully open when we all go in the Summer?

xxx

Being nosy again I decided to check how much our flights for August (Virgin - MAN - MCO) now are.

We paid £800 (ish) p/p, they're now £1050 p/p!!

Madness!!!

:goodvibes

Being nosy again I decided to check how much our flights for August (Virgin - MAN - MCO) now are.

We paid £800 (ish) p/p, they're now £1050 p/p!!

Madness!!!

Ours are now £1,592.80 (£4,778.40 total)
I paid £1,170 (£3,510)
Up £1,268:scared1:

Ours are now £1,592.80 (£4,778.40 total)
I paid £1,170 (£3,510)
Up £1,268:scared1:

You ARE going high class tho :rotfl:

Hell of an increase tho isn't it!!

Dread to think what the prices will look like on the last class before they sell out :scared1:

You ARE going high class tho :rotfl:

Hell of an increase tho isn't it!!

Dread to think what the prices will look like on the last class before they sell out :scared1:

No higher than you, they all fly at same height;)

But for our dates Virgin want £1,189.59 (£3,568.77) in economy, So paid £50 less in Biz class than economy:confused3
I guess Virgin only have flexible fares left.

Hiya,

oooo ooo ooo - can I join in - I couldn't believe my eyes!!! I just logged on to VA and my flights 15th -29th Oct - no longer available but 15th to 30th - next day the tickets are .... drum roll........£3721.51 that's EACH.... 2 adults and 2 kids - £13,140.04 IN ECONOMY:eek:- that is 3 times our package price!! (Which I know now was expensive in the first place:headache: - cheers guys...)

There must be a LOT of people travelling in October half term this year....

Tessa

I have booked people!!!:banana::banana:

I booked with US Airways yesterday at £590 each for the 3 of us..... and I checked flight prices today and they are now £693 for the same flights!

Now I must NOT check prices again!!!

Ok, so wasnt going to check my prices.... but reading Luke and Wayne's updates I thought I would check....

My flights are now £2214 for the 3 of us.... I paid £1775....!

OMG it is just mental.... and I think that anyone who is still holding out is very brave.... according to Kayak there are only 7 seats remaining on my plane out from Gatwick.

I have been looking for flight for the 23rd of Dec to Orlando & they are coming in at £630 each:scared1: I can only hope that nearer the time they will be slightly cheaper:confused3 If not Christmas 2010 will be EXPENSIVE flying off to Orlando:lmao:

:)

Ok, so wasnt going to check my prices.... but reading Luke and Wayne's updates I thought I would check....

My flights are now £2214 for the 3 of us.... I paid £1775....!

OMG it is just mental.... and I think that anyone who is still holding out is very brave.... according to Kayak there are only 7 seats remaining on my plane out from Gatwick.

It's quite nice to look and see that even tho we paid a lot that we haven't paid more than they are now!!

How do you check how many seats are left too? I looked on Kayak but couldn't find out how many seats were left on our flight!!

It's quite nice to look and see that even tho we paid a lot that we haven't paid more than they are now!!

How do you check how many seats are left too? I looked on Kayak but couldn't find out how many seats were left on our flight!!

When I click on the "details" part of the quote on Kayak it shows a breakdown of the flights, and prices, and how often the flight is on time. When I booked it showed "9+ seats remaining" for all my flights, now on the flight from Gatwick to Charlotte it says "7 seats remain". It is still showing my other flights as having "9+ seats remaining".

And another good thing.... when I booked the Charlotte to Orlando flight, it showed "50% on time".... now it is showing "60% on time"!! So its getting better, and hopefully by the time July comes round it will be "100% on time" :banana:

I am amazed at flight prices. When I was doing dummy quotes this time last year, to see if I could even afford to go this year, the indirect flights were coming in at £330-£400!! And thats what I could afford -a maximum of £1200 for the 3 of us!! But somehow I've managed to find another £575.....

You can also try http://www.seatcounter.com I checked for my flights

LGW - MCO 10/15 (us date format) Afternoon on VS (Virgin Atlantic)
shows the different classes - maybe someone can tell me what it all means....
D=1, J=1, Y=1, S=5 all others = 0

MCO-LGW -10/29th Late on VS have gone past my "daily query cap"( working things out...), so can't get an answer.

Tessa

There must be a LOT of people travelling in October half term this year....

Tessa

Yep! I think August was just too pricey for everyone. Our flights for October this year from GLA - MCO had no availability on economy at the beginning of Jan - that's 10 months out. I phoned a couple of weeks ago to find out what they would charge for me to upgrade to PE. No PE left on the inbound, - only 9 seats left in UC!!!!

You can also try http://www.seatcounter.com I checked for my flights

LGW - MCO 10/15 (us date format) Afternoon on VS (Virgin Atlantic)
shows the different classes - maybe someone can tell me what it all means....
D=1, J=1, Y=1, S=5 all others = 0

MCO-LGW -10/29th Late on VS have gone past my "daily query cap"( working things out...), so can't get an answer.

Tessa

Great site - but what do all the codes and numbers mean???? :laughing:

Just checked & ours have increased to £892 each, we paid £718. £522 increase, thinking of how much we've saved, makes me feel better, than thinking of how much over budget we had to pay.

Just checked & ours have increased to £892 each, we paid £718. £522 increase, thinking of how much we've saved, makes me feel better, than thinking of how much over budget we had to pay.

That is exactly what I have been thinking.

So glad to have booked.

x

we have decided to fly into Miami and drive still payed a lot more than usual but I was worried we wouldnt get any flights if we held out much longer so we paid £645 each with virgin :eek:but at least we are going :goodvibes

I've watched plenty of these threads on here and on thedibb forum, and I have to say that I only ever notice a one way trend with these and thats upwards and upwards.

Back in the Virgin sale I hesitated a day and missed out on £360 fares but got our May flights at £400 each and get happier with those every day! I find it scary how much people pay (and are prepared to pay) and can't believe those that do it every year! :eek:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter