Hakuna Matata March-ing in like Lions!!

Steffwalks

Team Hakuna Matata
Hakuna Matata Marching in like Lions and out like Meerkats!!! If March is here, can spring be far behind???

As of today, March 1; With several members yet to report in:

741.27 miles and 245.98 hours!!!

YTD: 1321.55 miles and 335.08 hours!!!!

When we get everyone's total in, this will increase tremendously! So guys, send in those totals! Let's watch the numbers grow!!! :teacher: Please send me a personal message. Thanks!!!!

I don't have much to report for Feb but I promise I'll have plenty for March.

We;re suppose to leave for WDW tomorrow at 10:10am but we're getting a Nor'Easter which means 12-16 inches of snow and our streets WERE getting wider. Not sure if I'll be able to take off. There is a direct flight tonight at 8:15 but I don't think I want to find a room change Magical Express and all that other stuff....We'll go with the flow.

Mark will bring his sketch book on his carry-on and I'll bring my sewing and if we have a delay, we'll be busy.

Have a good day.

denise

I don't have much to report for Feb but I promise I'll have plenty for March.

We;re suppose to leave for WDW tomorrow at 10:10am but we're getting a Nor'Easter which means 12-16 inches of snow and our streets WERE getting wider. Not sure if I'll be able to take off. There is a direct flight tonight at 8:15 but I don't think I want to find a room change Magical Express and all that other stuff....We'll go with the flow.

Mark will bring his sketch book on his carry-on and I'll bring my sewing and if we have a delay, we'll be busy.

Have a good day.

denise

Denise will Mark sketch me a panda logo. I was thinking another nice one would be a panda version of flying Mighty Mouse. Tell him we will do a link to his business website from panda site.

We had a small ice storm here last night nothing to write home about but in the early morning it would have been interesting driving.

I wish we were going to Disney this month also but we are saving pennies to get our house paid off so we can start on that fire breathing beast of a Disney credit card.

Connie, I know Feb wasn't much of a miles month but it was recovery from the Jan Disney vacation and now I'm ready to get the miles in.

I hope everyone starts seeing spring like weather soon, I know I'm ready. Think warm sun and great walks and runs.

Have a super day y'all.

March Panda:hippie:

We are off to Denver today shopping the zoo and then a PADI Instructor update, had a good run yesterday.

Denise have a great trip I hope the weather clears up for you.

Dave stay inside with the ice on the roads. Also pay off your credit card first, interest is higher than your mortgage and is not deductable.

Denise will Mark sketch me a panda logo. I was thinking another nice one would be a panda version of flying Mighty Mouse. Tell him we will do a link to his business website from panda site.

March Panda:hippie:

Sure, he may have PLENTY of time on his hands! I love the mighty mouse IDEA!

Speedy but still lovable!

Back to the sewing end of the room for now. The PACK.

denise

Good Morning Hakuna Matatas'
They're calling for 8-15 inches of SNOW through Monday..NOOOOO!
I'm tired of shoveling. Walked the dogs at 0530 and it was starting, still snowing now, gonna be a long day..:sad2:

Mark & Denise, have a Great trip. :thumbsup2
wish we were going with you guys..

Jack, Where in New England are you? I'm near Boston and they just keep upping the prediction when I went to bed last night it was 6-8 and now they're saying 12-18.

Dave, Can't wait to see the new logo, although I initially misread Mighty Mouse as Mickey Mouse, but either way it will still be awesome.

Now I'm going to head out for my long run in the snow. (One of these days I'm going to start sound like my grandpa, when I was your age I ran x number of miles in the snow uphill.:rotfl2: :rotfl2: )

I know I'll be able to get more miles in for March. Sorry I slacked a little in February. It was a heck of a two weeks, I'm glad February is over. I'm almost recovered from getting sick from my kiddos and should be able to get back to my training.

Happy March everyone...:cutie:

Jack, Where in New England are you? I'm near Boston and they just keep upping the prediction when I went to bed last night it was 6-8 and now they're saying 12-18.

Dave, Can't wait to see the new logo, although I initially misread Mighty Mouse as Mickey Mouse, but either way it will still be awesome.

Now I'm going to head out for my long run in the snow. (One of these days I'm going to start sound like my grandpa, when I was your age I ran x number of miles in the snow uphill.:rotfl2: :rotfl2: )

South Coast, Rhode Island (BU'04 :woohoo: )

It's stopped here for the minute but more to come :scared1:

My boyz are like
:banana: :banana:

Happy March Team Hakuna Matata!! I hope all of you are doing well.

JPfamilymom I am sorry that I haven't responded to your PM yet. It has been really busy around here lately. I am hoping that I will be able too today. Glad you are feeling some better though.

Dave Love the idea about the Mighty Panda logo! That sounds cool. But I would tend to agree on paying off the credit card first over the house note. But you are a wiser man than I and I am sure you have a reason and game plan.

jship210 Sounds like you are in for a nice bit of snow. We just got our first snow storm in over 15 years early this morning. A lot of kids around here have never seen that white powdery stuff before so this is all new to them. Be careful and stay warm!!

For the rest of the team I hope you are all ready for a fantastic month in March. With the warmer weather that one can assume is going to happen, I am sure that will be motivation to get outside and run/walk a bit more.

Have a GREAT month everyone from the Triple D's!!!
Bryan

Good Morning Hakuna Matatas'
They're calling for 8-15 inches of SNOW through Monday..NOOOOO!
I'm tired of shoveling. Walked the dogs at 0530 and it was starting, still snowing now, gonna be a long day..:sad2:

Mark & Denise, have a Great trip. :thumbsup2
wish we were going with you guys..

We too are so tired of it. I just want to be able to fly out tomorrow at 10:10 am!

Manchester airport rarely closes but we don't always get planes from other airports if their stuck.

denise

Hi TEAM! :wave2:

Congratulations Team on the mileage & time for February - You Did Good!
No snow at the moment, but we do have the cold March winds!

Hope you get out okay tomorrow, Denise...I was delayed several hours in January. But thinking it had as much to do with the inauguration as the snow, ice, de-icing, and finding a slot to land.

I did have a nice nap after church then reluctantly went to the gym - bike, elliptical, and a couple of AB things.
:headache:

:wave:

Hi All!

I can't believe it! I just typed two paragraphs and then inadvertently deleted it!:headache: I'm a miserable typist, which is one reason why I don't post more.

Anyway, While I haven't posted in a month I HAVE exercised and just sent my hours and time to Connie:banana:

I didn't exercise for about 10 days post marathon. But then managed to do about 30 min/day, every other day. Started to really get back in the groove last month when we went to Fla for 9 days. Had incredible Weather! Stayed at Caribbean Beach one night and got to walk around the lovely lake there the next morning. Then spent a couple days on the coast with friends, then back to WDW and our home resort BWV. It is really a highlight of our trips to get up and walk 2,3 or 4 miles every morning in that beautiful Epcot resort area! Plus, I had managed to succesfully reload music on my phone after deleting it at the marathon, so I kept up a good pace!

DH decided to not reset his pedometer the whole trip. He logged 90 miles on the trip!

Denise, Have a great trip! I hope you get out and that you have warm weather. It's been up and down a bit.

jship10 and jpfamilyman - I'll say welcome because I don't remember seeing your names before:flower3:

Dave, I love your "rambelings" So true, but knowing it is harder than doing it.
Late Jan, I decided to start counting WW points again. While I was focused on eating healthier, I just felt like I should be loosing more weight. The two days I counted I was about 10 points over what I should be eating (easy translation - about 500 cal) And while working out compensates for some of those, it was clear I needed to cut back. Unfortunately, I was so discouraged, I just stopped counting :rotfl2:

So with march and finally sending time and miles to Connie, I'm going to try and be more committed to reducing intake and in taking the right stuff!

March Greetings as well to Scott, Bryan, wellsleyprincess, funwalker, Connie!

For today, 3 miles on the treadmill. I tried to increase elevation, which meant keeping speed lower. So it took 53 minutes! But heart rate stayed up there for 35+ minutes, so guess that's what counts!

Anne

:stitch: 'Ohana's Monday Mixer :stitch:

We had so much fun with last week’s Monday Mixer, ‘Ohana is doing it again tomorrow! Come early, stay late, visit on any day of the week. No need to stick to the topic, either. We’re just happy to hear from our cousins and swap a tale or two over some tasty beverages. :drinking1

Tomorrow, we’re curious to find out how you pass the time on long walks/wogs/runs if you don’t listen to music and are training solo. (Or what you do in addition to/as an alternative to listening to music.) What makes the long miles less daunting and maybe even enjoyable? What do you watch for, think about, concentrate on? From the serious to silly to the surreal, we want to hear your stories.

Me, I’m pretty sure I hallucinate, but the rest of you probably have better strategies...

Hope to see you on the ‘Ohana thread. The mixer posts for this week start here.

Well, it's almost 5am and my flight is officially cancelled. I have no idea if I'll get out today or not but I'm home in my pj's instead of being stuck in an airport (which has happened before) so I'm not too upset - YET.

Back to bed for now.

denise

Well, it's almost 5am and my flight is officially cancelled. I have no idea if I'll get out today or not but I'm home in my pj's instead of being stuck in an airport (which has happened before) so I'm not too upset - YET.

Back to bed for now.

denise

That stinks Denise. Good luck getting out today. What happens if you have Disney reservations and you are unable to travel?

I have wondered about that since we rent DVC points for our stays and there is always the posibility that we could be snowed in in January. We drive.

I'm headed for the gym, going at oh dark 30 to get in an extra long workout then I can sleep with Erica after she gets home from work.

Awake Panda:hippie:

Back to bed for now.

denise

That stinks Denise. Good luck getting out today. What happens if you have Disney reservations and you are unable to travel?

I have wondered about that since we rent DVC points for our stays and there is always the posibility that we could be snowed in in January. We drive.

I'm headed for the gym, going at oh dark 30 to get in an extra long workout then I can sleep with Erica after she gets home from work.

Awake Panda:hippie:

Called SWA at 5am. Have rebooked a direct flight from Manchester to Orlando at 8:15 pm. Will get in around 11:30 tonight so I'll be ok for the room. Have to figure out Magical express. May just claim my bags so that I can have them with me to go to the room.

Plan a day of sewing, relaxing and Mark will be out plowing the world as soon as it ends. We will have a window of opportunity around 10am for him to plow and then it will start up again but only lightly for the remainder of the day.

We should have no problem tonight.

It's all good - I'm on vacation - off to the sewing machine.

denise

Good morning Team!

It's just two weeks to my 1/2. I did a 5 mile walk, yesterday. It was cold-ish, but there wasn't much wind, so I took advantage of the calm!

Denise, I hope you get that flight!

Rpsemont, PM me your email address and I will send you a copy of my spreadsheet. I didn't put it on Google because it's kind of a hassle.

I have an adjustment today. So, I better get going! See ya!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter