• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

halloween cruise/ Magic: October 28th-nov..4th 2006

which type of cabin/category do you get??

• cat 1

• cat 2

• cat 3

• cat 4

• cat 5

• cat 6

• cat 7

• cat 8

• cat 9

• cat 10

• cat 11

• cat 12

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kritter

<font color=deeppink>I need a Disney FIX!!<br><fon
First time cruising would love to meet some other cruisers who want to chat.. I will have four and half year old twins at that time look forward to hearing from you all... :cool1:

New and Imroved First Page!!
Eastern Magic Halloween Cruise: October 28th-Nov. 4th 2006

Dis trick or treat web page

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good evening All,

OUr halloween Dis board trick and treat is scheduled to be held on Monday October 30th at 12:15. Please send along your information to Heather or Kristin no later than September 15.

Heather and I have been working oh soo hard on a web site for our cruise... A moderator recommend to us that having all of our information on a secure web site that can only be accessed by all of us. In turn, we will be able to include much more valuable information about the cruise and all of our activites. Below you will find the information that we will need from each of you to put in the web site.

This is only for the DISers who are posting to this thread. Please have an adult in your group send the following & I will add it to the site & send you the link once I have updated the link. I will add your email to the group list so that you will be notified when the site has been updated with more info.

DIS ID: If you don't include this info, we wont know who you are.
Family name:
Individual names of family members (please include the children' ages at the time of the cruise so that I can put them in the right grouping)
Birthdates: so that we can add them to our cruise list
Celebration:
Stateroom:
Dining:
Hometown:
Pre/Post Cruise Plans: (Date arriving in FL & where you will be staying Friday night & if you plan to stay at WDW after the cruise. This info allowed some of us to arrange meets prior to the cruise.)

A short note with where you work & what activities you like to do.

Please send a picture of your family to be included. This way we will be able to reconize all of you...

For those with children, please send an individual picture pf each child to be put on the DIS Kids page by age group so that the kids can get to know each other a little better. Let the kids tell the others their age, grade in school, favorite thing to eat on the ship, favorite Disney character, & their favorite activity on the ship...whatever they want to write about.

We will have also have a page to list Palo resie times & excursions to help make plans.

stolteheather@yahoo.com

kristinguillemette@sbcglobal.net

Here is the information and as I get it I will update it...with any other info...

Arrival October 22nd:

Kritter (Kristin) 32, DH (Bruce), DD4 TWINS , grandparents, Cat 4 (early seating)

Arriving October 27th:

Princessh, (Heather), and DH (Tim), DS Timmy 11 and DS (Jacob), 3 and Heather's dad and step mom too!!

sjcubedofct (Sherry) 39, DH (Scott) 35, DS(Steven )11 & MIL(Leah), (late seating)

October 28th Arrival:

Wndrmite, , Two, DD's (8 and 9), Dear Brother and his wife and their daughters 10, and 11

PMDR59, Family name: Gough, DH Patrick (35), Me Maureen (34), DS Devin (7)
DS Ryan (6),

Unknown Arrival:

Captain Crash, (Tom - 42); spouse Alicia (42) and daughters Julianna (now 4.5) and Kalea (now 1.75)

luvs2talk(Teri) age 40, DH, R60TIGGER (Rick) age 45 , (Main seating)

mommykeg, DD9, DS5

XLT800, ( Dave), DW (Fran)aka Tchrmom, and DS14 and DD11

Kab 407 I'm Scubarn's sister. Joining me will be our Mom, Ann
Big Jack2002 Our DS, DDIL, 2 grandchildren and us and our DIL's parents and sister. We are staying on deck 2, aft

Buckifan, DH, DS11 and DD7 -cruise is a secret to the kids

Princess Olivia (Jen), (Craig), DD8, DS7

Mamalle, DH, DD 6, DS 4,

AmyJofCA, DH, DD 8, DS 7

love*2*Shop Rachel , DH (Scott) DS6 (Kyle), DD 4 (Madison), Cat 3

RAD, and DW

Cntkg, (Nancy), DH (Chuck)

Hollydog, Me (of course),DH, DS9, DD7 (as of cruise, birthday is 2 days before cruise), DD9 months (as of cruise), DM, DMIL, And maybe DFIL if he can get the time off from work

Awoltoday, DW (Choc_Marg), DD7, & DS5

Fireplug, DW

Holle&Joesmommy, My DMIL & DFIL are BIGJACK from Akron. There will be 12 of us myself, DH, DD (will be 9) DS (will be 5) DM, DF, DSister (16) Dsisters friend(16) BigJack & wife (inlaws), and 2 friends of ours.

LaRue (Katie), DH (Bob), DD7 (Elizabeth), DD5 (Natalie)

Mcchelse (Sara), DH and DDs ages 11, 9 and 7

LUVTOGO (Maryann), DH, 2 DD's 13 and 11, my friends dd's 18, 13, and my sister and my neice who is 15, Cat, 9

Akghutton, DH, DS, (6 and 3), and her parents

Tluns2Talk, (Terri), and DH

Kchartsf, DH, DD 6

Ginger (DH) Bill my 9 year (DD) Ashley, Michelle, Dave, Alex 9 and Adam

Hi! We just went on our first Disney cruise on July 9th...and rebooked for October 28, 2006. We are not ABSOLUTELY sure we're going to keep the date...we MAY move our ressie to March 2007...but at this point we are on the October 28th cruise. I have a DD8 (who will be 9 when we cruise) and a DS4 (who will be 5 when we cruise). Are your twins girls or boys? Both of my kids loved the children's programming...one was in the 3-4 year old group in the Club...the other in the 8-9 year old group in the Lab. We're excited about going to Castaway Cay for the first time...and I think it would be cool to celebrate Halloween on the ship!

Kim :flower:

Oh that would be soo neat if you went when we are going...My twins will be four and a half when we sail and they are both girls...
Did you just love the cruise what can you tell me about it??What type of cabin did you have, etc..
They will be having such great things for halloween I called and talked to them and they told me cosutme contests, etc...
I hope you keep the reservation..
pLease tell me more about your cruise..
What did your kids love the most..

The best part of the cruise was that there was always something for everyone in the family...something they WANTED to do! No one was "compromising" for another family member because everyone had their own programming...and there was programming for the whole family together as well.

We had a category 6 verandah cabin, #6060, and we loved it! We tried to book the same cabin for this cruise, but someone else booked it already...so we got #6560...same cabin, opposite side. I'll keep checking to see if "our" cabin becomes available...the kids really want the same cabin! We loved the verandah...loved hearing the ocean and having the extra space...loved walking out in our jammies to watch the ship dock rather than having to get up early, get dressed, and go to deck 4, 9, or 10 to watch. Now I think we'll want a verandah every time. If we went on a 10 day maybe we'd downgrade to a category 8 to be able to afford it, but if we stick to the 7 day, I think we'll budget for the verandah.

The kids both loved their respective clubs the best. They loved the constant entertainment in there and being around other kids their own age. The programming is really geared toward each specific age group...and the kids love it!

Keep the questions coming...I'll be happy to answer!!

:cool1:
Thanks so much//I think that my kids will really love it and I am hoping that they will go and do the activities..
Someone told me I may have a hard time signing them up for the kids club since this is my first time cruising and I can not sign up for things till 75 prior..Do you think that is true??
My cabin room number 8050 I think I will have to look..I am hoping that these rooms are nice..HAve you haerd anything about these rooms??
Also what islands have you been too??
We are planning on staying in disney for 6 days prior to the cruise then do the cruise so we can relax.. Also the days at sea do you find the pools get really crowded??Someone told me that we would not even be able to get a chair to sit near the pool..
What else can you tell me about the cruise..
Also have you had a pillowcase signed by the characters?? I read on the boards that people have done this...
Thanks for the info...
Kristin
DVC memeber SSR 2003
Disney tooo many times to list..

I don't think you'll have any problems signing the kids up for the clubs...they are guaranteed a spot.

The pools were a little crowded on sea days...but we were always able to find chairs. It always seemed that someone was leaving as we were arriving and offered us a chair or two.

We didn't have pillowcases signed, but we did have t-shirts signed. I had family disney t-shirts made with our cruise dates, itinerary, etc. printed on them...I left the kids' shirts and fabric markers with guest services the first day. They were delivered to our stateroom on the last night with just about EVERY character's signature! The kids wore them off the ship the next day. They treasure them.

I haven't heard anything about stateroom 8050. We've only been on one DCL cruise...and it was to Mexico. But on another cruise line I've been to St. Thomas, San Juan, St. Croix, Grand Cayman, Cozumel, and Jamaica. Of course, those cruises were a LONG time ago and before kids...don't really remember much about them!

Kim,
Thanks for the info...I can not wait for the cruise too bad it is far away...

We are already planning our costumes for the cruise...How about you??

Hello to Mommykeg and kritter.....we are also going on this cruise. This will be our 7th on Disney. We are going on number 6 in May.

It will be me ( Dave), DW (Fran) and DS 14 and DD 11 at cruise time.

We did the West Coast cruise this summer and had an excellent group of Dis'ers.

Looking forward to getting to know you over the next year.

Dave

oh how cool tell me anything and everything you can about the cruise.. I can not wait...
I have twins who will be 4 1/2 at the time...

Hi, Dave! I think I remember you from a West Coast cruise thread I was following. We went on the July 9th West Coast cruise. Isn't your wife a teacher? I teach first grade at a year round school...this is my 15th year.

hey Kim I was a teacher tooo first grade and now I stay home with my twins..

Hi, Dave! I think I remember you from a West Coast cruise thread I was following. We went on the July 9th West Coast cruise. Isn't your wife a teacher? I teach first grade at a year round school...this is my 15th year.

Kim.....You got on the ship as we were getting off. You are right DW (tchrmom) teaches 1st grade.

Kristen.....we have done the eastern and western and the west coast. We like the eastern the best because of the sea days. Your kids will love everything about the ship. Our kids have never spent that much time in the clubs. They have always met a friend and hung out with them. We have always stayed in a cat 10 so I do not know much about the other rooms. We do not spend much time in the room so have a verandha or window does not really matter to us. Let me know if you have any more questions.

Dave

Dave,
Thanks so much for the info..Look forward to getting to know you over the next year and then meeting you on the cruise..Can not wait..It should be a blast..

Do not want us to fall too far down on page 2 so here is a little bump to help us.

Dave

dave hope all is well with you and great idea..

I am already planning my costumes for halloween on the ship and you??

Count us in too!
This will be our second cruise, our first was October 2004.
DD 5 and DS 7 (turning 8 on the cruise) are exicted about cruising again
Also joining us will be my in inlaws and Brother/Sister in law and DS 6

Karen

Hey Karen......so glad taht you have joined us. Because it is so early, we are going to need the help to keep us on page one. I keep trying to get DW (tchrmom) to join but she has been busy with school.

Kristen....as for costumes, not sure yet. We have done 2 other October cruises but never on Halloween. I am pretty sure DS and DD will not dress up.....that would not be cool.

Hope everyone has a great weekend

Dave

I keep trying to get DW (tchrmom) to join but she has been busy with school.

:wave:

Good morning! I'm XLT's wife..............and yes, teaching is keeping me busy these days. I can't sit at my computer at work and pretend to be working on something, like other people I know! (tchrmom looks at XLT) :rolleyes: I guess I could connect at night, but "veg-ing" on the couch is so much more appealing right now! :rotfl2:

I'm with XLT, we probably won't do costumes. But, then again, we don't really dress up for formal or semi formal night. (Nice dress and suit.....and we eat at Palo that night)
A few people go all out with tuxes and beaded dresses, but they are in the minority. (don't you agree, mommykeg?)
Even for Pirate night.......we dressed "resort casual".

Any questions you have.......we can try and answer. :listen:

Fran
:teacher:

I definitely agree with tchrmom...we didn't see many tuxes and beaded gowns on our cruise. There was a range...from not dressed up at all to really dressed up...I don't think ANYONE was uncomfortable. My boys (DH and DS) wore dressy khakis, navy blazer, white dress shirt, and tie both nights (formal and semi-formal) and the girls (myself and DD) wore nice dresses, kinda semi-formal I would say.

As for costumes, we'll have to see. The kids dressed up as Mickey and Minnie last year (2004) and the costumes were a bit big...so maybe they would still fit them next year. I'm sure they'll want to dress up.

Karen, great to meet you and can not wait to get to know you over the next year...my twins will be four and a half on the cruise...

I know that my twins will want to dress up in their princess gowns on one of the formal nights.Is that ok and do kids do that???they are soo into the princess...I was thinking of jsut wearing a black dress you can not go wrong with that ever...

I was a teacher tchrmom what grade do you teach?? I bet you are busy at this time of year..How are you getting time off next year to go on a cruise?? If I was teaching still and not staying home with the twins then I would never be allowed time off my district is strict about that type of thing...If I were you too I would veg out on the couch when I got home too teaching is soo tiring...you are on your feet all day... I taught first grade..

Also what type of rooms did everyone get for this cruise??

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter