halloween cruise/ Magic: October 28th-nov..4th 2006

which type of cabin/category do you get??

• cat 1

• cat 2

• cat 3

• cat 4

• cat 5

• cat 6

• cat 7

• cat 8

• cat 9

• cat 10

• cat 11

• cat 12

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
kritter said:
kathy, I love my DVc and you..

My first trip home is in a few weeks. I bought SSR sight unseen last October. We got off the ship and had a few hours to kill before flying home so we headed over and took a tour. I knew I made the right decision. The DVC discount on an AP is a nice benefit also!

Hi, We're going to be on this cruise, too. Oct 28, 2006 Eastern!! Our DS, DDIL, 2 grandchildren and us and our DIL's parents and sister. We are staying on deck 2, aft. We have the same rooms that we had for this Jan's cruise!! We like cat 9 and aft. ::MickeyMo

kab407 said:
My first trip home is in a few weeks. I bought SSR sight unseen last October. We got off the ship and had a few hours to kill before flying home so we headed over and took a tour. I knew I made the right decision. The DVC discount on an AP is a nice benefit also!

we bought it unseen too before it was built and love it..

big jack 2002 said:
Hi, We're going to be on this cruise, too. Oct 28, 2006 Eastern!! Our DS, DDIL, 2 grandchildren and us and our DIL's parents and sister. We are staying on deck 2, aft. We have the same rooms that we had for this Jan's cruise!! We like cat 9 and aft. ::MickeyMo

welcome welcome big jack and can not wait to get to know you any advice you have about the cruise would help us all out...

Hey all what do you think it would be neat if we could arrange an hour one day when we are at see to all meet...

We are slowly growing.....

Big Jack....I see you are from Akron? I grew up in Medina and still have a brother that lives in Stow. Have not been back in a while but I know that Medina has grown quite a bit.

Hey all what do you think it would be neat if we could arrange an hour one day when we are at see to all meet...

Are you wanting to arrange a dis meet while on the ship? I am sure as it get closer we will plan to meet at the port, during the sail away and hopefully for a party one day.

Dave

Hello, Big Jack, Kathy and joksten!
I'm XLT's wife. Glad that you found us! We've always had a big DIS meet at the port. It's a great way to start off the trip.

We're on the 5/27/06 double scoop cruise, and we're actually doing a "mini meet" this weekend in Disney World. It will be nice to actually meet the people that we have been "DIS-ing" with. :wave:

Fran
:teacher:

Welcome everyone so glad that we are all meeting one another... :cool1: :cool1:

Sounds great that we can all meet one another it would be really good..
I look sooo forward to meeting everyone and can not wait to see and talk to all of you about the cruise..

Fran,
Look forwad to hearing about the double scoop cruise,,,

421 DAYS TO GO. Just the wife & I on this Oct cruise. Just saw the points for Alaska trip were posted and since its cheaper than the double scoop on july 22 I've decided to take them to Alaska as God knows what will happen to airfare in the next couple of years and i have enough points to go without paying money

you and your wife will have a great time just the two of you...

418 Days Left, Closer Than You Think. Thinking Of Starting My List Of Things To Take.

Bathing Suit, Maybe Two

Hello!

We just returned from the 9-3-2005 Magic... and we've rebooked for the 10-28-06 Magic! We had originally rebooked for 9-30-06 but this seemed like more fun with a bit of a theme being Holloween an' all. PLus we have some family & friends considering this date as well.... but we have to wait an' see if they'll make it. :confused3

On the 9-3-05 sailing we had 105 DIS folks ... and about 75 at the DIS meet on embarkation day. We put together a couple of semi-private DIS events while aboard... for starters we ran a treasure hunt for the 12 and youngers... then I orchestrated a Competition for who could eat a Mickey Ice Cream Bar fastest challenge. We had two groups... kids then adults. The record was 1 minute and 5 seconds with the adults and I got award certificates for every participant signed by the ships' captain!

Our party consists of myself (Tom - 42); spouse Alicia (42) and daughters Julianna (now 4.5) and Kalea (now 1.75). We hail from Southern California.

We're looking forward to chatting with everyone who is embarking on this scary little Magic sailing!!!!

:thewave: :thewave: :thewave: :thewave:

Hey Tom......Glad you found us. Hopefully the thread will take off soon, it is hard to find us on page 3. We also had about 100 Dis'ers on our July 4th cruise and it was a lot of fun hanging out with everyone.

Dave

two bathing suits I was thinking at least three...

Thanks for ....

.... your welcoming gesture Dave (XLT800)... I imagine we can't expect a lot of attention at OVER a year out... and I am uncertain about keeping us in the 1st couple of pages for the whole time over the next 13 months. We're talking A LOT of postings - HOWever... I'm up for trying! :goodvibes goodness sakes but we have done sillier things before on the DIS.

At one point we were trying to get our thread up to 1000 within a few hours (when we were at about 920) and we started a bunch of silly rounds of commentary. It was fun - but bordered on the psychotic... and I am JUST THE SORT to go along with FUN and marginally rational activities!

And yes - we made it to 1000 easily!!

So.... who else do we have that is activily following this AND sailing with us? Only the really dedicated DIS DCL enthusiasts book so far in advance! And a scary sailing no less!

Come out - come OUT - where-ever you are!!!!>??? :banana:

Kritter....

.... I would enjoy contributing some planning for "fun" DIS events for our little scary gang... however, I would temper the notion with acknowledging we are are NOT trying to upstage the cruise and all it delivers. Of course, that would be impossible, eh?

But, the two little events we pulled off were simple little activities - and many of us contributed via loot, or logistics or otherwise. One family made tie dyed t-shirts for all the kids - ($4 was requested per shirt) - and one family helped us out by picking up matching pirate costumes because our local store did not have the ones described - which we viewed as a ahuge courtesy - and we reimbursed the $5 per costume it cost. BUT, really... the things we did were relatively simple matters so long as we had a few folks who were sharing the load in various ways.

So... I gotta ask... how old are your twins? My daughters are now 1.75 and 4.5 years old. I'm hoping your girls are close in age to one of my daughters. It would make for some potential fun for them in emailing one another ocassionally.

And from what I can gather I would ask... is this your 1st time on DCL? I noted a number of WDW visits listed but only the DCL trip noted for OCT 2006. And if this is your 1st DCL trip - have you cruised other lines before?

OK.... I gotta lurk around a bit more - (move on) before it gets too late and I turn into a punkin (IE, get too sleepy).

So... we're pleased to make the aquaintance... (is that how the expression goes? I must be getting tired since I am losing focus - and dinner tonite was entirely too heavy - I should have skipped dessert and that last helping of pasta!)

OK, TTFN!

Hey,
I think it would be neat if we could all come up with a few things that we could do so we could meet and have some fun while on the cruise..Lets see if any others have any ideas tooo.With over a year away we have plenty of time and can come up with some great ideas toooo...
My twins will be four and a half when we sail and would love to chat with your kids..Hoping they will want to do the kids clubs while cruising...
this is our first cruise my husband had cruised before we were married but not me...so excited to go we just returned on tuesday from ten days at wdw and they well we all had a great time....the gilrs loved the princess and am hoping that they will have a chance to see them on the cruise..before the cruise we are planning on staying fice days in WDW...so it will be a long trip for us..
my girls are already planning out what they will dress up as on the cruise. hoping that the halloween stuff is not to scarey on the cruise the mickyes not so scarey halloween parade can be a scarey on so hoping the cruise is not too much my girls are whimps and get scared easily...
i think that if we work hard enough then we will be able to get this thread to stay active for a year....up for the challenge????
Hope all is well with you and will talk to you again sooonn,,will not be on the boards as survivor startts tonight... :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

Well Kritter....

I'm always up for an extended round of lurking - except that I will have to break away ocassionally to eat and sleep, brush teeth and engage in similar daily chores!

But I must say - we're pleased to learn your twins are of similar age to our older daughter. And I'll get my little Julianna to draft (or rather - dictate) an email greeting to your girls by private message. And just to prepare you - she actually copies my touch typing while she speaks out loud what she wants to say - not really typing anything coherent - but I sort of take notes on what she is saying while she types... then I type in what she was saying as close to the way she said it afterwards. Plus I'll try to snap a photo of her while she's actually typing then I'll attach a photo link. Now... I don't expect any photos of your girls typing away - and I may or may not get to that point too (however over the next year I'm sure you'll get a few from us) - but I just want to have some fun - and if our girls get to know one another a little along the way then they'll have a LOT to look forward to in addition to the kids' club and everything else the Magic has to offer!!!

So... if you are sailing the Magic for your 1st sailing then I'm sorry to say this trip will probably spoil you against sailing most other cruise ships! We've sailed about 19x and the Magic is the ONLY ship we have sailed more then once - let alone 4x (the 4th being October '06!). So - without spoiling the sense of discovery for you - I would say you're in for a nice little "escape" come October. I dare say that I should NOT let you see the digital photo albums of our past sailing (I have several hundred photos) as it would give away way too much. Heck - half the fun is encountering things for the first time.

So - that's my way of saying I'll try to drop hints of things to do so you don't miss anything - while at the same time I will try very hard NOT to say anything that is better left ... discovered while aboard! :teeth:

That is - unless you'd rather have a "Mr. Know It All Type" of routine. Frankly - I have friends who know I prefer discovering things on my own usually - and (for example) they call me right after a great movie opens and they ask - so Tom.... have you seen this so and so a movie? and if I say "No" then they cut in and say something that reveals key element(s) in the movie's story (before I can hang up)... so I always have to be on the alert when a good movie has opened and my rascally friends call.... :rotfl:

Aside from that - we will be busy tomorrow nite and saturday morning so we'll PM your daughters on the weekend and reply to your next posting then.

So--- awaiting other Holoween enthusiasts to chime in....

:cool1:

captaincrash said:
Well Kritter....

I'm always up for an extended round of lurking - except that I will have to break away ocassionally to eat and sleep, brush teeth and engage in similar daily chores!

But I must say - we're pleased to learn your twins are of similar age to our older daughter. And I'll get my little Julianna to draft (or rather - dictate) an email greeting to your girls by private message. And just to prepare you - she actually copies my touch typing while she speaks out loud what she wants to say - not really typing anything coherent - but I sort of take notes on what she is saying while she types... then I type in what she was saying as close to the way she said it afterwards. Plus I'll try to snap a photo of her while she's actually typing then I'll attach a photo link. Now... I don't expect any photos of your girls typing away - and I may or may not get to that point too (however over the next year I'm sure you'll get a few from us) - but I just want to have some fun - and if our girls get to know one another a little along the way then they'll have a LOT to look forward to in addition to the kids' club and everything else the Magic has to offer!!!

So... if you are sailing the Magic for your 1st sailing then I'm sorry to say this trip will probably spoil you against sailing most other cruise ships! We've sailed about 19x and the Magic is the ONLY ship we have sailed more then once - let alone 4x (the 4th being October '06!). So - without spoiling the sense of discovery for you - I would say you're in for a nice little "escape" come October. I dare say that I should NOT let you see the digital photo albums of our past sailing (I have several hundred photos) as it would give away way too much. Heck - half the fun is encountering things for the first time.

So - that's my way of saying I'll try to drop hints of things to do so you don't miss anything - while at the same time I will try very hard NOT to say anything that is better left ... discovered while aboard! :teeth:

That is - unless you'd rather have a "Mr. Know It All Type" of routine. Frankly - I have friends who know I prefer discovering things on my own usually - and (for example) they call me right after a great movie opens and they ask - so Tom.... have you seen this so and so a movie? and if I say "No" then they cut in and say something that reveals key element(s) in the movie's story (before I can hang up)... so I always have to be on the alert when a good movie has opened and my rascally friends call.... :rotfl:

Aside from that - we will be busy tomorrow nite and saturday morning so we'll PM your daughters on the weekend and reply to your next posting then.

So--- awaiting other Holoween enthusiasts to chime in....

:cool1:

Hi,
So glad that I have found another disney nut like our family..
My daughters are sooo excited and will love typing to your daughter.. they love to type on the computer as well and then I can interpurt what they have written..They will make up fantastic stories..so beware....
I would love to see pictures from your other cruises...I just looked at your photos and they are great...I will enjoy seeing pictures of your trips..I will have to post some from our trip we just returned from ten days at WDW.. it was fabulous....
Let me know anything that you feel is important for the cruise I love to know things ahead of time...
kristin

Well...

.... for starters DCL uses a dining rotation through 3 venues: Lumeries', Parrot Cay and Animator's Palete. Plus there is a 1st and 2nd seating. Your dining staff moves through the rotation with you so you will have the same staff at each venue. However, is not as obvious is that there is a special character breakfast once per 7 day cruise - and yours' will come on the morning after your 1st dinner in Parrot Cay. This represents a change from how DCL scheduled it in past years. I won't say too much more about the dining venues so it remains a bit more of a pleasant surprise for you when you experience it.

Plus - on dining.... there is an optional dinner venue called Palo's. This is an italian restuarant on deck 10 aft by reservation only - no kids alowed - and there is a fee of $10 pp. This is fairly popular with most folks and the reservation schedule fills up rather quickly. And - if you want to try this then you should make your reservations as early as possible for Palo's. These can be made on-line 75 days prior to sailing. If you were a Castaway Club repeat patron then those folks can make reservations up to 90 days early.

So... a couple of weeks ago our older daughter did not have much interest in the kids' clubs. She had determined that there was much more to do around the ship OUTSIDE of the club - plus she likes the novelty of the bunk bed since we don't have one of those things at home. AND - our hangin' a tent-like veiled canopy did not help matters in that regard - but it did add a bit of fantasy to her bunk. So - with consideration for what your daughters will tolerate or prefer... I would add that another DIS family on the same sailing had 4 year olds who would NOT leave the kids' club. So - yeah.... you could encounter either angle of reaction from your girls.

As such, our older daughter attends preschool for 2/3rds the day 3-5 days a week. I work from home so I bring her in and pick her up with cosiderable lattitude. No set agenda or schedule . But she has great friends at school and enjoys it.... so we were mildly surprised at her lack of interest on the kids club. Last year she did not want to leave the club!

So we are planning on binging costumes for the cruise. How about you?

Gotta go... :cool1:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter