halloween horror nights for next year (2014)

BettyBoo29

Mouseketeer
Hii,

Me and DBF going on first ever trip to Orlando next year from the 16/09/2014 - 01/10/2014 - Does anyone know when HHN starts?

Would love to go!

Thanks

Beth:)

I'd guess the weekend of 20th and 21st of September would be the first weekend. They seem to make it earlier and earlier now because it is so popular. But I think that's generally the weekend they've started it in the past.

Is it only held on weekends? We will be in Orlando for two weeks Oct 14-28,and had planned the 14th-16th at Universal, which is Tuesday-Thursday, and my fiance really wants to attend HHN.

Is it only held on weekends? We will be in Orlando for two weeks Oct 14-28,and had planned the 14th-16th at Universal, which is Tuesday-Thursday, and my fiance really wants to attend HHN.
HHN is held Sunday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday starting in late September and lasting throughout October. There are also two Wednesday nights in the middle of the month.

I believe HHN is open on Thursdays, Fridays, and some Wednesdays, but I believe it depends on what week you go. Once dates are released in a couple of months, then we'll know hen they are open. Hope that helped you a bit!

There is a Facebook page for Halloween Horror Nights 24 & it lists the projected dates for the event.

September: (Employee Preview) 17th, All Guests: 19th, 20th, 21st, 25th, 26th, 27th, 28th
October: 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th, 15th, 16th, 17th, 18th, 19th, 22nd, 23rd, 24th, 25th, 26th, 30th, 31st,
November: 1st

My son and I have finally decided that we are going to go next year. We will have to put in our vacation time soon so I want to get some thoughts ahead of time. We are planning four days at disney and two days for universal. We really are going for the horror nights. I plan on buying the rush for fear tickets (first 10 nights). Second we are really big fans of walking dead and we enjoy slasher movies. I think I want to go the first week of October and I just want to figure out how many nights it would take to do it all and maybe do walking dead twice. I know that they might not have walking dead but I am just assuming that it will. I am just trying to figure out when is the best time to go and how long (7 days v. longer). Also would it be better to go last week of September instead of first week of October (lines shorter?). Any advice would help.

Going early in the event will definitely help with lines but with that said, you would need an Express pass to really see everything in one night. Keep in mind that Diagon Alley will be open that time next year and it's unknown what the crowds will be like. However, JK Rowling did not allow WWoHP to be open during HHN which is one of the reasons IOA is left out. It's anyone's guess if DA will be open during the event. If you really wanted to see everything and take your time, plan on visiting two nights. Maybe one with the EP and one without. EPs are expensive so keep that in mind as well.

i would aim for october 3,4,5.
lower crowds would be thur/fri rather than saturday night (5th)

the first week of hhn is only fri/sat with a closing at midnight.
the next weekend has expanded days and hours.

by the 3rd wkend of hhn, oct 3-5, many kinks could be worked out for a smoother event for all.
ROF would cover the first 10 nights of hhn so this could work out for you early october.

i am crazy for walking dead comic books and tv show.
but, i am tired of walking dead for hhn.
it's been there the last two years and time for something new.

i am crazy for walking dead comic books and tv show.
but, i am tired of walking dead for hhn.
it's been there the last two years and time for something new.

I'm totally in love with the WD(Walking Dead-not Walt Disney I love Disney also) but,like you mac,I feel also it has ran its course 2 years in a row now-time for something new!!

Going on a weekday the first week of October is better than going a weekend at the end of September.

And I've been told some pretty well-backed rumors that there may be a third, AND FINAL, WD house at HHN next year.

I love The Walking Dead comics as well as the show and the main reason we are going in Oct 25th-30th is for the Halloween horror nights and I know for sure we would love The Walking Dead theme .

My family will be going on Oct 25th-30th of 2014. And I was thinking of getting an AP for the room rates etc. But my question is if I do ( get an annual pass ) and I get the preferred card can I buy my family the Halloween horror nights tickets with the discount since I have one night with my annual pass?

My family will be going on Oct 25th-30th of 2014. And I was thinking of getting an AP for the room rates etc. But my question is if I do ( get an annual pass ) and I get the preferred card can I buy my family the Halloween horror nights tickets with the discount since I have one night with my annual pass?
Yes...you can purchase up to six tickets at the AP discount.

Merged the two threads.

Hi there,

Sorry if this is a dumb question but I've been all over the universal site and can't find this..

Where can I find the 2014 dates for the HHNs? We're planning a short trip in the fall. My son would probably love it. My daughter would not. I was just wondering about the timing.

Thanks in advance! :)

Hi there,

Sorry if this is a dumb question but I've been all over the universal site and can't find this..

Where can I find the 2014 dates for the HHNs? We're planning a short trip in the fall. My son would probably love it. My daughter would not. I was just wondering about the timing.

Thanks in advance! :)
HHN dates follow previous years. It will start towards the end of September and then continue every Thursday-Sunday in October. There will be two Wednesday nights as well in mid-October.

What dates do you have in mind?

Thanks alot. We've been to WDW alot, but only to Universal once, and that was in the summer.

We had two thoughts. Our initial plan was over Thanksgiving, but then realized that the kids had a 4 day weekend during Columbus day (so 10/11-10/14).

We're guessing that the Oct days will still be crowded, but not as bad as during Thanksgiving week. (Does this sound right?)

It sounds then that they'd likely have HHN on 10/11. I gather too that the park closes to everyone and then only those with special tickets get to stick around?

Thanks again for your insight!

It sounds then that they'd likely have HHN on 10/11. I gather too that the park closes to everyone and then only those with special tickets get to stick around?
Universal will have HHN that night and since its a Saturday, it will be very crowded. The Studios closes at 5pm on nights when HHN is staged and you must have a valid HHN ticket for that night to stay in the park once the park is closed for day guests.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter