HalloweenTime at DLR Superthread #5-- HALLOWEENTIME STARTS SEPT. 9!! SOLD OUT!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm kind of beyond excited. I have tickets for a sold out night. How crowded is a sold out night going to be? Are we talking like a regular day 5? Will we have to save a seat forever to even see the parade and fireworks or can we walk up 20 minutes before and still be able to see? I know exactly how to handle and plan my day and night on regular days but I am stressed about doing this right since we only get one shot.

I have the same questions! We'll be there the 14th (it'll be our 2nd party though). But I'm still curious how to plan for the crowd

We are going Oct. 14 also. We are not huge character people. But we like rides if the lines are short and I am really excited for the parade and fireworks. But I can't justify sitting for hours holding a spot when I just paid so much money for tickets unless there is no other option. I need to find the exact right balance!

Would anyone care to speculate on crowd levels for the Saturday after a sold out party? More specifically, October 8? Anyone have experience with this?

Thank you!

I'm kind of beyond excited. I have tickets for a sold out night. How crowded is a sold out going to be? Are we talking like a regular day 5? Will we have to save a seat forever to even see the parade and fireworks or can we walk up 20 minutes before and still be able to see? I know exactly how to handle and plan my day and night on regular days but I am stressed about doing this right since we only get one shot.

We've been to several sold out nights in the past. I would say it is similar to a regular park day, but not as much because there aren't as many people as regular operating hours. You will have to save a seat for the parade, but probably only an hour in advance. Definitely don't walk up 20 minutes before and hope to get a curb seat, but you probably will be able to get a spot to stand behind the people on the curb.

Which day are you going to? If it is the very first party, it will be a little more hectic than the parties in October. We went to the first party last year and it didn't seem as organized. The second party was much more organized and went a lot smoother.

Don't stress, you'll have a lot of fun! If you want to do the trick-or-treating, get in a treat trail right away and do as many as you want. If you want to do rides, the ride wait times will be shorter than regular operating hours. If you want to see the parade/fireworks, pick a spot where it is easy to see both (including the big inflatable projection ball on the side of the castle that goes up for fireworks). If you want to do meet-n-greets with the villains, get in that line right away as the line can become very long (FYI: the villains in years past rotate in sets of 3, so you'll have to rejoin the line if the villain you want isn't out). You may have to play it by ear and if you see people starting to sit on the curb, go ahead and get a seat. This probably won't happen until an hour before the parade, though.

Hopefully this helps a little bit and I didn't just confuse you! :goodvibes

We are going to the second party which still isn't sold out! I am in the same boat of not wanting to waste valuable party time sitting on the curb waiting for the parade.. We may just watch from IASW and miss the projections

Mmmm... beignets! I'll add that to my list of things to try, no matter what the flavor! I love making my food list before I go. So far on my list is beignets, cream-cheese filled pretzel, corn dog, dole whip and monte cristo sandwich. What else should I add to that list? Anything I must try?

Believe me, the beignets are the most delicious food in the Land!!! I had them last year and I was blown away. I'm so excited to have them again in our upcoming trip. Try the classic ones tho, pumpkin ones were nice, but nothing beats the classics! Oh, and don't forget to buy some milk with them. :3

I have the same questions! We'll be there the 14th (it'll be our 2nd party though). But I'm still curious how to plan for the crowd
My 2 daughters and I are going that night also! We're all so excited!

Believe me, the beignets are the most delicious food in the Land!!! I had them last year and I was blown away. I'm so excited to have them again in our upcoming trip. Try the classic ones tho, pumpkin ones were nice, but nothing beats the classics! Oh, and don't forget to buy some milk with them. :3
I don't suppose anywhere has gluten-free beignets? When we go to WDW, my DD17 always has to get them from POFQ! She has Celiac Disease, so can't have the regular ones.

I don't suppose anywhere has gluten-free beignets? When we go to WDW, my DD17 always has to get them from POFQ! She has Celiac Disease, so can't have the regular ones.

D: Oh, I wouldn't know!! I know there are gluten free beignets in DW but I'm not so sure in DL! Someone else might know the answer tho! :)

I'm going to the MHP on the 12th and the 14th! I'm so excited about the Cavalcade and the villains and the characters.... oh yay! I was feeling kind of sad that I'm going to be alone most likely (except for my birthday on the 13th), but now I'm actually looking forward to doing what I want when I want and how I want (well, within reason :P ).

I want to do the WOC Dessert seating but I'm unsure if my friend will be there or not, so once I hear from her I can book it.

I'm going to the MHP on the 12th and the 14th! I'm so excited about the Cavalcade and the villains and the characters.... oh yay! I was feeling kind of sad that I'm going to be alone most likely (except for my birthday on the 13th), but now I'm actually looking forward to doing what I want when I want and how I want (well, within reason :P ).

I want to do the WOC Dessert seating but I'm unsure if my friend will be there or not, so once I hear from her I can book it.

We're going the same party dates!! 10th, 12th, 14th!! I'm so excited for the parties!! :)

My birthday is the 13th too!!! :bday::bday:

Here's a response from the parks blog that tells the BB menu for the party event!

• When will the menu for the Mickey’s Halloween Party dinner at the Blue Bayou be announced?

Angela Elder on September 9, 2016 at 1:27 pm
    • Hi Angela, For Mickey’s Halloween Party dinner at the Blue Bayou, starters include your choice of a Cryptic Crab Cake, New Orleans Gumbo or Blue Bayou House Salad. Entrees include your choice of Grim Grinning Short Rib, Portobello Mushroom and Louisiana Popcorn Rice, Pan-seared Salmon, Citrus-marinated Chicken Breast, Royal Street Seafood Jambalya, Broiled Filet Mignon, Herb-crusted Rack of Lamb or Surf & Turf. Desserts include your choice of Dark Chocolate Brownie Mousse, Vanilla Bean Crème Brûleé or 8-Layer Chocolate Hazelnut Cake.

Rachel Bshero on September 9, 2016 at 4:43 pm

Here's a response from the parks blog that tells the BB menu for the party event!

• When will the menu for the Mickey’s Halloween Party dinner at the Blue Bayou be announced?

Angela Elder on September 9, 2016 at 1:27 pm
    • Hi Angela, For Mickey’s Halloween Party dinner at the Blue Bayou, starters include your choice of a Cryptic Crab Cake, New Orleans Gumbo or Blue Bayou House Salad. Entrees include your choice of Grim Grinning Short Rib, Portobello Mushroom and Louisiana Popcorn Rice, Pan-seared Salmon, Citrus-marinated Chicken Breast, Royal Street Seafood Jambalya, Broiled Filet Mignon, Herb-crusted Rack of Lamb or Surf & Turf. Desserts include your choice of Dark Chocolate Brownie Mousse, Vanilla Bean Crème Brûleé or 8-Layer Chocolate Hazelnut Cake.

Rachel Bshero on September 9, 2016 at 4:43 pm

Awesome thanks for this!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter