Hanging up my running shoes

In my mind, the remote possibility of rain eliminates the purple top as it looks like more seams to rub oddly.
I think the extra length in shorts could be helpful for rain based chafing. And I want the bird shorts- I am hesitant on ib clothing due to not being able to try it on in person, but I may have taken a risk for those!
I'm also a fan of the longer sugar skulls, so be bold or fly on the wings of birds?

My original choice was pink, but I just love those sugar skull shorts! So...
images

PINK!!!!!!!!!!!

I mean, they're all good options. But pink. Those shorts are one of my favorite designs and the shirt is a nice color.

Pink or blue because of the 6 inch shorts. You might want those extra two inches of material for 26.2 miles.

I vote pink, but definitely agree on the longer shorts - especially if it's going to be rainy, you want to make sure that every possible rubbing spot is gonna be covered. Plus, they will make you more aerodynamic and faster because #science!!!!

Pink seems to be the favorite and as I was thinking this morning driving in, it's the obvious choice and not sure why it didn't occur to me earlier.

For those of you who already know my story, feel free to skip, but...

OCTOBER IS FOR PINK!!
In October of 2012, I went in for a screening mammogram that found a suspicious lump. A whirlwind followed that led to my eventual breast cancer diagnosis. I was 48 years old. I had just finished my first half-marathon and was gearing up for my first marathon in Disney that January. Sadly, the tumor was aggressive and had already invaded my lymph nodes, so after my bi-lateral mastectomy, I would in a few weeks need to start chemotherapy. But, by virtue of my insanity, I was determined to run that marathon. So with the blessing from my surgeons and my oncologist, on January 13, 2013. I ran my first marathon at Walt Disney World, a mere 8 weeks after my bi-lateral mastectomy.

The day after we returned, I started my chemo treatments and here I am during the final treatment many difficult weeks later.

https://flic.kr/p/MVHJVr
So, this month marks 6 years since my diagnosis and subsequent healthy life. I'm a survivor and so happy that I got that mammogram back in October of 2012. I really do credit running with helping me through those difficult days of recovery and treatment. Nothing like running a marathon to convince yourself that you are so much stronger than you think you are! So I'm running this marathon in honor of those dark days and for all those women who have won the fight or are still fighting the fight or who courageously fought but ultimately succumbed.
https://flic.kr/p/MVHJVr
October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. So, consider this my PSA to you, if you meet the criteria for screening mammograms, don't put it off. Schedule yours today. And, I'll be wearing pink during the Chicago marathon just like I was wearing pink when I finished my first one!!

Zelly, I think you're a total rockstar! I am so inspired by not only your courageous battle, but your super great running, awesome sense of humor and obvious love of family! You are a-mazing!!

Are you freaking kidding me Gisele???? Amazing.
giphy.webp

Gah! I totally forgot that October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Pink is perfect - show everyone the awesome survivor runner that you are!!!

Earlier this week I actually read your 2013 Marathon Trip Report because I wanted some first time perspective and my reaction was a lot like @CheapRunnerMike's was. You are such a bada** and inspiration. <3

Zelly, I think you're a total rockstar! I am so inspired by not only your courageous battle, but your super great running, awesome sense of humor and obvious love of family! You are a-mazing!!

You’re so much my hero, Gisele. Love you - thanks for being an inspiration.

Thanks, you guys. :oops:

I actually just went back and reread that report from 2013. Man, those were some lousy pictures. LOL.

Amazing. Love the pink! Thank you for sharing your story. I have read so many inspirational posts over the last few days from this wonderful group of run-Disers. I am humbled and inspired. Have a great race, and can’t wait to hear all about it!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter