Hanging up my running shoes

I somehow missed this update, but I am SO excited for your BIG race in <2 weeks!! You have definitely put in the hard work.
Why are blisters so stinkin' painful?? I hope you find something that helps!

Do you have a blister? I thought I heard that somewhere, but you don't seem to have mentioned it...
Haha, I kid. I hope the blister heals up soon, and I can't wait for you to rock Chicago in 2 weeks!! Almost time for an awesome well-earned victory lap!

Hey! How did you know I have a blister??? ;)

It is doing better although it looks horrific, but I have a lovely scab there now which means healing is progressing so that's good? right?

I somehow missed this update, but I am SO excited for your BIG race in <2 weeks!! You have definitely put in the hard work.
Why are blisters so stinkin' painful?? I hope you find something that helps!

I'm excited too!! And, I have decided that my aches and pains will be all resolved come Chicago. or at least I'll pretend they are.

I did go buy some more toe socks (injinji) that I've worn the last couple of runs and they've been great in helping with the healing process.

Well, outfit selection obviously didn't happen last night. Had a scare with my daughter, Paige, last night with a severe allergic reaction that required a trip to the ER. Fortunately she is fine and we have a bright new shiny Rx for an Epi-pen and a consult with an allergist. So, outfit selection will have to wait until tonight or tomorrow.

Well, outfit selection obviously didn't happen last night. Had a scare with my daughter, Paige, last night with a severe allergic reaction that required a trip to the ER. Fortunately she is fine and we have a bright new shiny Rx for an Epi-pen and a consult with an allergist. So, outfit selection will have to wait until tonight or tomorrow.

Yikes! Hoping everything works out for the best!

Yikes! Hoping everything works out for the best!

I think it's all good. The culprit was a hamster...

tenor.gif

He belongs to my son but he recently moved out and left him for Paige. Paige has some mild problems with our cat so just mostly avoids holding her but never had a reaction to the hamster before. Last night she was changing out his bedding in this cage and BOOM!!! Swelling tongue, throat closing up, wheezing breathing. Scared both of us. Luckily the treatment in the ER quickly resolved it, but obviously we have a hamster that will be moving out with my son. :D

Yikes! I’m so glad she’s okay. Allergic reactions like that are scary.

Thanks! Yeah, at first I thought she was being melodramatic (because she IS 15), but once I heard her breathing and her talking, it was obvious she was in distress. But, all's well now!

ALL EYES ON CHICAGO!!
5f8y2qP.gif

(WELL, MAYBE NOT GOD BUT YOU GET THE IDEA)
TRAINING UPDATE
9/24/18 - 9/30/18
This is it, y'all. Final week before Chicago. I'll post more this week about race prep and my INTENSE nerves that are in full force right now. My obsession about the weather, what to wear, where to eat,
fzu.gif

what to do that is fun but not too strenuous... you get the idea. Basically Taper Madness...

bluesbros.gif

But, first, let's review last week.

Monday 9/24 - Easy continuous run for 3 miles. Good run and no problems here. Pace 10:42 (oops, a little fast).
Tuesday 9/25 - Our last tempo run. YAY! Coach reworked this for us. It was originally supposed to occur on Thursday and for a longer mileage, but I had an early AM meeting and we just couldn't make it work. Anyway, this was 1 mile WU + 4 @ Tempo + 1 cool down. Good run. Tempo splits (10:31, 10:03, 10:01, 10:41 (made ourselves slow it down some) ). This felt good. Hoping it translates to 26.2 in a week or so. :D

tenor.gif

Wednesday 9/26 - Rest
Thursday 9/27 - Easy LR. Was supposed to be 5 miles, but that early meeting of mine had me worried about getting there on time and setting up for it, so we cut it to 3. Overall pace 12:21
Friday 9/28 - Rest
Saturday 9/29 - Run with our Galloway group. It was mid-50s and just beautiful out. 5 miles at Easy/LR pace. For some reason my watch didn't sync and I can't remember pace, but we were right about where we should be. We did have a woman in our group who had a hard fall while we were running. SCARY. Just caught her toe on the curb and down she went. Luckily she was okay. Just a badly scraped knee, but had me totally paranoid the rest of the run!
Sunday 9/30 - 5 miles at Easy/LR. Another nice run. Everything feels good. Shin/calf still a little bothersome, but nothing too bad. The blister is improving daily (thanks to @sourire for the bandaid blister suggestion). Those things are pretty awesome. I think I'll be in good shape for the run.

Coach @DopeyBadger I'll be seeking your insights on race strategy soon!

So, there you go. I'm stalking the weather (and not loving but not hating what I'm seeing). Finalizing packing plans. Getting more nervous by the day. BUT, it's all going to be great and I'm going to kick you know what! I believe!!!

giphy.gif

I'll have more posts this week on race prep and paranoia and fixation. Please join me in my psychosis, cause here we go...

1TnS.gif

Woohoo for taper week! Looking forward to reading about your race prep plans and seeing what you are going to wear!!! popcorn::

WHAT TO WEAR?
tenor.gif

Well, the forecast is not what I was hoping for and while there are still a few days for things to change, it's looking now like temps will be in the mid-60s to maybe 70 with a more than decent change of rain.

tenor.gif

Obviously not ideal conditions, but I shall hope for the best that the rain holds off and the temps cool a bit and we have lovely cloud cover instead.
tenor.gif

Regardless, clothing decisions must be MADE! I'd already been planning on shorts with a short-sleeved tee, but now transitioning to a tank instead, so here are the choices I'm considering...

#1 - PINK

These are 6" shorts.

#2 - ORANGE

4" shorts. Hard to tell but they are a denim color.

#3 - PURPLE

4" shorts.

The pink and orange tanks are identical other than color. They are very light weight and kinda big and loose fitting which I like for long runs. The purple is also pretty loose although the band has a tighter element to it than the others, but I've run in it a lot and it's never been uncomfortable at all. All three of these are pretty well tested outfits, so none of them give me any angst about causing me difficulties while running.

My shoes won't match any of them no matter what as they are red. What thinks the Dis? :D

Pink or blue because of the 6 inch shorts. You might want those extra two inches of material for 26.2 miles.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter