Happy Limo or Tiffany Towncar?

kenny

DIS Veteran
With prices of rental cars looking at getting transportation to and from airport

anyone have experience with either of these? Is one better than the other?

thx

We've never used Happy Limo but have used Tiffany for many years and have always had great experiences. The drivers have always been on time/waiting by baggage claim and the cars have always been nice and clean.

We've never used Happy Limo but have used Tiffany for many years and have always had great experiences. The drivers have always been on time/waiting by baggage claim and the cars have always been nice and clean.
I recently used Tiffany and they were great, but the driver wasn’t by baggage claim and I was led to believe they aren’t doing this at this time. Maybe my driver just didn’t want to, not sure, but he was parked out front.

I recently used Tiffany and they were great, but the driver wasn’t by baggage claim and I was led to believe they aren’t doing this at this time. Maybe my driver just didn’t want to, not sure, but he was parked out front.
It is a legal requirement in Orlando that car service drivers meet you at baggage claim. Anyone who doesn’t do this is not in compliance with local regulations.

That's interesting because since the Pandemic started there have been numerous reports of drivers not meeting the passengers at baggage claim.
We are certainly doing it now. When I go to pick passengers up at the airport, there are usually 20 or so other drivers from various companies standing at baggage claim with me.

Tony Hinds had me meet the driver curbside, just outside baggage claim. Vehicle was waiting.
I didn't specifically ask for meet n greet. Is that a general requirement or specific to Mears contract with MCO? A way to further differentiate Mears taxi vs towncar service

Tony Hinds had me meet the driver curbside, just outside baggage claim. Vehicle was waiting.
I didn't specifically ask for meet n greet. Is that a general requirement or specific to Mears contract with MCO? A way to further differentiate Mears taxi vs towncar service
Tony may be certified as a taxi rather than a car service. It is a requirement for all car services to do a meet and greet.

We are certainly doing it now. When I go to pick passengers up at the airport, there are usually 20 or so other drivers from various companies standing at baggage claim with me.

We’ve been traveling to Orlando for 30 years, used a car service for at least 25. There are usually many drivers waiting at the escalators. We went 5 times last year & the difference was astonishing. Every trip there was only 1 or 2 drivers waiting. So if there is truely an ordinance, most services aren’t following it. Or they have only started in the last few months. Because it didn’t happen last year.

Tony may be certified as a taxi rather than a car service. It is a requirement for all car services to do a meet and greet.
Just curious, is it a requirement to offer it, optional, or is it a mandatory service?

I think of a taxi as being metered and not reserved in advance. I understand that's not correct. Some taxis operate more like a car service.

Just curious, is it a requirement to offer it, optional, or is it a mandatory service?

I think of a taxi as being metered and not reserved in advance. I understand that's not correct. Some taxis operate more like a car service.
See this document. Basically, any Vehicle for Hire using the Ground Transportation Concourse (Express Pickup tunnel) must conduct a Meet & Greet.

Is the Ground Transportation Concourse the parking area underneath the building? So it’s an airport requirement to meet the passenger inside in order to park in that area? So it’s not a city or county business requirement? Not exactly what you implied before.

We use Tiffany. They have parked in that area & met us inside the building prior to covid. They are NOT parking there now, so they are not doing a meet & greet. They pick up in the ride share area. So they are not breaking any local regulations. :rolleyes:

Is the Ground Transportation Concourse the parking area underneath the building? So it’s an airport requirement to meet the passenger inside in order to park in that area? So it’s not a city or county business requirement? Not exactly what you implied before.

We use Tiffany. They have parked in that area & met us inside the building prior to covid. They are NOT parking there now, so they are not doing a meet & greet. They pick up in the ride share area. So they are not breaking any local regulations. :rolleyes:
Yes, the Ground Transportation Concourse is the parking area on level 1 next to the rental car desks.
If you read the document I linked earlier, it states that any Vehicle for Hire not exceeding 7’ in height or 30’ in length must pick up in the Ground Transportation Concourse between 8am and midnight.
It also states that Vehicles for Hire must not pick up on levels 2 or 3.

Well, I have a family member who returned from a trip last night. I was happy to hear Tiffany was waiting inside the building for them when they arrived last week. Said there were about 7 drivers inside waiting for other passengers when they were there. So apparently things are getting back to normal. :thumbsup2

Well, I have a family member who returned from a trip last night. I was happy to hear Tiffany was waiting inside the building for them when they arrived last week. Said there were about 7 drivers inside waiting for other passengers when they were there. So apparently things are getting back to normal. :thumbsup2
They certainly are! I am a driver with Mears’ Luxury Division, by the way.

Using Tiffany in a few weeks for the first time. So where should I expect them to be?

The airport is run by an agency under the control of Orlando. An airport rule is the equivalent of a city rule. The real penalty is potential loss of airport privileges. It was clear to me an airport policy was being discussed.

I know there are may still some Covid exceptions. Some rules gave exceptions or loopholes. Some may be documented. Some rules aren't enforced.

That said the information provided is clear. Vehicles for Hire, we call car services, must meet n greet and must park on level 1. Level 2 is for ride share and taxis. The website says taxis are required to charge using a meter. Flat rate isn't allowed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter