HARD ROCK HOTEL INFO, FAQ and more........

hhoope01, that was very helpful, thank you. By doing what you suggested, I found that the problem night was Saturday night, so I can make 1 reservation for Thursday and Friday nights, and then a 2nd reservation for Saturday night, all around the same price. You are right about the extra deposit, but we will go ahead and go for it. I'll keep checking though in case things change. Thank you again, that was very helpful!
We did the same thing for our trip last Thanksgiving. Eventually I got lucky and was able to get both bookings to be the same room type with APH. They were able to combine the reservations when we arrived, so we did not have to check in twice or change rooms. I recommend calling the resort a week before travel to have them put a note on both reservations if you are able to book the same room type for your entire stay...

cfoxga, great to know, thank you! I checked the room type per your comment and they are (luckily!) the same. I will call the HRH about a week before and request a note for each reservation. In the meantime, I will keep checking in case something else opens up. Thanks again!

We booked at HRH, then switched to PBR, then back to HRH when a club king suite showed up! I believe there's 2 king suites on the club level? Looking to see if one would be recommended over the other. Is one closer to lounge? Or one closer to get down to the walking patch easier?
We're a party of 4 -mom, dad, nephew, and daughter 3 so we'll be trekking w/a stroller too.

I just booked a standard room for October for my family of 5. How packed in are we going to be? I only got one night as we plan on only spending 2 days in the parks. Will 2 days with express pass be enough to do all the things?
And what do you do in room for breakfast since there is no microwave? TIA

I just booked a standard room for October for my family of 5. How packed in are we going to be? I only got one night as we plan on only spending 2 days in the parks. Will 2 days with express pass be enough to do all the things?
IMO, 5 people in a room will be very crowded. Here's our club level room from a September 2021 stay:

Since you plan to stay just one night to get 2 days of Express Pass, I suggest you prepare everyone ahead of time. Let them know it will be a tight fit and no one will be disappointed. Just look at this as a place to sleep and shower. Otherwise, spend all your time away from the room.

Can you do everything in 2 days? My son and I did in October 2021. We even did several rides multiple times: VelociCoaster 4 times (twice each day), Hagrid's 2 times, Hulk 3 times, Rip Ride Rockit 2 times. But we pretty much didn't stop either day, other than lunch the second day at the Hard Rock. (Both days, we ate late dinners after park closing.) We also did not go during a Hollywood Horror Night, which tends to get crowded. Our days were Sunday and Monday.

For breakfast, we just grabbed a quick bite on the go. The room has a fridge. You could pick up something like cereal or bagels or yogurt from the food court the first night and then have it the next morning as people are showering. You can keep milk in the fridge.

If you are going to do this all the way, it means getting up early on the first day so you can get to the Hard Rock Hotel at around 7 AM so you can park and pick up your room key, which also is your Express Pass. When we did this, we left our luggage in the car and headed straight for the park. At night after the parks closed and we had dinner, we grabbed our stuff from the car and went straight to the room. (We received a text message with the room number.)

We then got up early the next morning so we could drop off our bags in our car and then headed for the parks. At the end of the second evening, we walked back to our car and left.

Except for sleeping, we spent a total of about 90 minutes in the room.

We just did this trip! 1 night, family of 5, 2 days in parks. It was plenty of time to do everything we wanted, and could have done more except my kids preferred to re-ride their favorites instead of do everything. If it's your first time, just do your research and read maps ahead of time so you can get off to a quick start. Also we had one kid on a camping cot, and one on the floor, and it was fine for one night. We splurged and did club level, so we got breakfast/snacks there. They even let us go there on our check-in day, when we arrived around 9 am to pick up our express passes.

Haven't been to Florida in the winter. Coming down in about a week. I know pools are heated and hope to swim. Are the hot tubs back open now? They weren't yet for our June trip last year but opened soon after. Wasn't sure if they closed them again.

So we stayed with just 4 in a standard, but my 2 kids just cannot share a bed lol so we used an air mattress on the floor between the bed and window. We put one chair up against the wall/near headboard and the other at the foot of the air mattress and it worked out fine. We have stayed many times with a family of 5 in a standard with an air mattress and made it work. The real issue IMO is the bathroom! Just 1 bathroom with 5 is sometimes rough, but you can head to the lobby for a quick trip if needed, ya know? How much are you staying the room? Just to sleep? You'll probably be fine, esp for just 1 night.

Here's our club level room from a September 2021 stay

We stayed CL the end of May/beginning of June last year and the food service area was closed off with CMs serving everything. Have they changed back to self serve like I've seen reported at RPR and PBR CL? Also, would you mind sharing what the offerings were throughout the day? When we were there last year we didn't find the offerings too impressive. I am in the process of planning a short trip back in December and while I'd love CL, if the set up and offerings are similar to what we experienced last spring, I'm going to go with a non-CL room. Any input/opinions would be greatly appreciated :flower3:.

We stayed CL the end of May/beginning of June last year and the food service area was closed off with CMs serving everything. Have they changed back to self serve like I've seen reported at RPR and PBR CL? Also, would you mind sharing what the offerings were throughout the day? When we were there last year we didn't find the offerings too impressive. I am in the process of planning a short trip back in December and while I'd love CL, if the set up and offerings are similar to what we experienced last spring, I'm going to go with a non-CL room. Any input/opinions would be greatly appreciated :flower3:.
Rock Hotel club level was back to self-service in September 2021, which the last time we stayed there.

Here are some images from breakfast:

In the afternoon, they had bags of chips and cookies.

Lines were longer for happy hour and evening snack, so I didn't want to intrude and take photos of those. This was typical for happy hour:

Evening snack typically was a few different pastries.

Rock Hotel club level was back to self-service in September 2021, which the last time we stayed there.

Here are some images from breakfast:

View attachment 641278

View attachment 641279

View attachment 641280

In the afternoon, they had bags of chips and cookies.

Lines were longer for happy hour and evening snack, so I didn't want to intrude and take photos of those. This was typical for happy hour:

View attachment 641284

View attachment 641287

Evening snack typically was a few different pastries.

Perfect! Thanks so much :goodvibes.

I have a stay here in May. Never been at a universal hotel before. I think I've read there will be some construction here. Is this something I should be concerned about?

Does anyone know what time Hard Rock's "Rock Royalty" lounge opens in the morning? We are staying one night and I am wondering if it would be worth adding this on for breakfast. We will be going to the parks for the early morning opening (there are 4 of us in the room).

Does anyone know what time Hard Rock's "Rock Royalty" lounge opens in the morning? We are staying one night and I am wondering if it would be worth adding this on for breakfast. We will be going to the parks for the early morning opening (there are 4 of us in the room).

The opening times are in the first post of this thread :thumbsup2

Hello! We are now booked for 2 nights at the HRH (Deluxe Queen) for this summer.

I booked through a 3rd party to use up Chase points and realized that the reservation is only for 2 adults (we are traveling w/our 2 kids as well - I forgot to fill that in). Will this be an issue at check-in to receive the Express Passes? I cannot cancel and rebook the reservation, as this room isn't available anymore via the Chase portal and was wondering if I needed to call their travel center.

Thank you so much!

Hello! We are now booked for 2 nights at the HRH (Deluxe Queen) for this summer.

I booked through a 3rd party to use up Chase points and realized that the reservation is only for 2 adults (we are traveling w/our 2 kids as well - I forgot to fill that in). Will this be an issue at check-in to receive the Express Passes? I cannot cancel and rebook the reservation, as this room isn't available anymore via the Chase portal and was wondering if I needed to call their travel center.

Thank you so much!

No it`ll be fine.

You can just add them at check in and they`ll get the room keys with their names and dates on too. It won`t matter you booked through a third party.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter