Hard to get ADRs

zanzibar138

DIS Veteran
Hi all, my apologies if this information is laid out somewhere already. I've had a search through the forums but haven't been able to find what I'm looking for. Feel free to point me in the right direction if it already exists!

Our trip is still a fair way away, but I'm thinking about potential park strategies and ADRs etc to ensure we'll have enough time to do everything that we want (this is realistically a once in a lifetime trip or close to it).

I know CRT is one of the hardest ADRs to get. What are some others that can be difficult?

I know this is a restaurant thread specifically, but since we're talking ADRs, I'm also interested in some of the extras, specifically a fireworks pontoon cruise (from an MK resort), carriage ride/horse riding at FW/POR, Keys to the Kingdom tour and Wild Africa Trek. Is it possible to also book those online or do I need to call? I'm in Australia so would obviously prefer to avoid having to call if I can help it!

CRT, at least the last few times I’ve gone, has had availability well past 60 days. Same with BOG. At the busiest times maybe not so much.

Hardest that I’ve seen this past year-

Space 220
Topolino’s Breakfast
Narcoosee’s

Even at 60+7 at times I haven’t even seen any of those pop up.

CRT, at least the last few times I’ve gone, has had availability well past 60 days. Same with BOG. At the busiest times maybe not so much.

Hardest that I’ve seen this past year-

Space 220
Topolino’s Breakfast
Narcoosee’s

Even at 60+7 at times I haven’t even seen any of those pop up.
Oh, that's great news! I'm much more interested in CRT than any of the others you have mentioned that seem to be more difficult. Staying at CBR, would be nice to do brekky at Topolino's one morning if we can manage it, but I won't be devastated if we miss out. I'll have to do more research on Space 220 to decide if it's a must-do for us.

We'll be there in early Feb, so shouldn't be a particularly busy time, and we will be staying onsite for 2 weeks so will be able to use the 60+10 trick too.

Hi all, my apologies if this information is laid out somewhere already. I've had a search through the forums but haven't been able to find what I'm looking for. Feel free to point me in the right direction if it already exists!

Our trip is still a fair way away, but I'm thinking about potential park strategies and ADRs etc to ensure we'll have enough time to do everything that we want (this is realistically a once in a lifetime trip or close to it).

I know CRT is one of the hardest ADRs to get. What are some others that can be difficult?

I know this is a restaurant thread specifically, but since we're talking ADRs, I'm also interested in some of the extras, specifically a fireworks pontoon cruise (from an MK resort), carriage ride/horse riding at FW/POR, Keys to the Kingdom tour and Wild Africa Trek. Is it possible to also book those online or do I need to call? I'm in Australia so would obviously prefer to avoid having to call if I can help it!
You should be able to get breakfast at Topolino‘s as long as you are not trying for the first day or two of your stay. Wednesday was my 80 yard booking day, and I was able to get it for the third day of my stay. The further into your stay you were looking, the more times you will see available.

You can book the carriage rides online after midnight at the 60 day mark, versus 6 AM for dining. The special fireworks cruises from the resorts, you have to call to book.

Both tours that you mentioned can be booked online. I would definitely prioritize booking those. I just checked to see what availability is like the week I am going in May and pickings are slim!

Last edited:
I've been coming to Disney for many years and the one reservation that is consistently difficult for me is 'Ohana. I booked all my ADRs last week and there is currently nothing at all available from May 30 to June 6. I paid for an account at the alert site (apologies if we're not supposed to talk about it) and I'm just hoping something opens up and that I can rearrange the rest of my plans if it does. I was admittedly a couple days late making reservations this year but seriously 1st week of June just became available to reserve ADRs last week, and Ohana was already gone when I tried like three days afterwards.

I've been coming to Disney for many years and the one reservation that is consistently difficult for me is 'Ohana. I booked all my ADRs last week and there is currently nothing at all available from May 30 to June 6. I paid for an account at the alert site (apologies if we're not supposed to talk about it) and I'm just hoping something opens up and that I can rearrange the rest of my plans if it does. I was admittedly a couple days late making reservations this year but seriously 1st week of June just became available to reserve ADRs last week, and Ohana was already gone when I tried like three days afterwards.
How many people in your party? Certain restaurants seems busy to book for different numbers. For example, Sci Fi is much easier for a party if two, but more difficult for three or four, however; Chef Mickey can be harder for two, but easier for a party of three. Try playing around with numbers and then modify down.

A while back, Disney quietly implemented a policy of holding back a certain number of ADR slots at resort restaurants for guests of that resort. Not many seem to be aware of this but it’s definitely a thing because we were very easily able to get a prime dinner ADR for Ohana last summer the first night of our Poly stay.

How many people in your party? Certain restaurants seems busy to book for different numbers. For example, Sci Fi is much easier for a party if two, but more difficult for three or four, however; Chef Mickey can be harder for two, but easier for a party of three. Try playing around with numbers and then modify down.
Thanks for this tip! There is still zero availability over a 12 day period for Ohana, for my party of 2... but when I searched for 3 people suddenly literally 5, 6 slots opened up on most days. Insanity.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter