Harder to get with a split stay?

BraveLittleToaster2

DIS Veteran
How much harder will it be to get reservations I want for dining with doing a split stay? We are staying for 11 days.
5 days at Copper Creek and then 6 days at Kidani. I'm worried I wont get any ressies I want since all my dates will already have people booking them days before I can.

I wish they would count the whole trip and stop considering split stays as two separate stays. (sigh)

Seems like with a 5-day stay and a 6-day stay, if you plan well, you'll be fine (depending on the number of guests in your group). Lay out your dining plans, and for the harder-to-get ADRs, see if you can plan those later during one of your stays. A 5-day stay isn't short! You'd be able to book at 60 days, plus 6 more days (check-out day). For the 6-day stay, you'll get 60+7. Just don't plan on something like Space Lounge 220 or Chef Mickey's breakfast day 1 of your stay.... "either" day 1!!

Some people are able to book the whole +10 by calling Disney dining but ymmv.
^ This

It is worth a try. We had a split stay planned for Jan. On the day ADR's opened for our first stay I booked those days online at 6 AM, then called at 7. It only took a few minutes on hold and a very knowledgable CM booked our reservations for the second stay. She made it seem as if it was something she did on a regular basis for people. It was no big deal at all.

That said, I've seen people on here mention that the CM they spoke to could not (would not ? :rolleyes: ) do it. It never hurts to try, though. Honestly if I was denied, I would politely end the call and then call back to try again with someone else as I've seen numerous other reports of people being successful.

How much harder will it be to get reservations I want for dining with doing a split stay? We are staying for 11 days.
5 days at Copper Creek and then 6 days at Kidani. I'm worried I wont get any ressies I want since all my dates will already have people booking them days before I can.

I wish they would count the whole trip and stop considering split stays as two separate stays. (sigh)
We did an 11 day split stay last summer, 4 days at Yacht Club and 7 days at Poly. We had no issues whatsoever getting ADRs. Granted that was during a slower time frame (end of May) and before the DDP's return, but we managed to get a prime 'Ohana dinner slot on our moving day, which would have been 60+4. Anything difficult I just put towards the end of each stay. We watched the fireworks from inside CRT on our last night too.

We’ve found it’s been getting a little easier. If you go through the DDP page (or use the DDP filter) they now have an option to search a reservation over multiple days. https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/#/dining-plan/

IMG_0726.jpeg

Chances are not all of your reservations will be hard. Usually it’s just a matter of 1 or 2, like Space220 or preferred times for ‘Ohana/Topolinos, etc. We book what we can and then bookmark the reservation pages of what we didn’t find or want to modify time. Usually by checking periodically we eventually find a reservation that works.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter