Harry and Meghan Netflix documentary

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skywalker

Elementary, My Dear Mickey
Has anyone here watched? I haven't and I won't, but I am interested in others thoughts. I mean, I am curious but not curious enough to contribute to ratings. :rotfl2: . But in all seriousness it makes me sad because I used to like Harry so much.

(Hi Tippy Thomas, how ya doing? :wave2:)

Has anyone here watched? I haven't and I won't, but I am interested in others thoughts. I mean, I am curious but not curious enough to contribute to ratings. :rotfl2: . But in all seriousness it makes me sad because I used to like Harry so much.

Haha, you nailed it!

I thought I would watch (I always loved Harry, too) but seeing glimpses of it, I had no desire.

So no, haven’t watched.

I don’t have Netflix, but I wouldn’t watch it anyway. It’s a case of the boy who cried wolf. Too many of their interviews have been shown to either be exaggerations or outright lies, so I don’t trust them right now to be truthful about anything. It’s really a shame because I was supportive of their relationship and their goals until it became more and more difficult to separate the truth from the fiction. They had so much potential to do good in the world, even after leaving the BRF, but it’s become all about them instead.

I'm doing well. It'll be nice to read a thread about Harry and Meghan that is actually supposed to be about them. I won't be watching the documentary but I will be interested in reading what others have to say that do.

Yes, that’s the way I am too!

I’m very interested (& admittedly nosy) in seeing how they’ll spin things once again & in the things they say which will eventually be proven to be untrue or misrepresented.

But I also don’t want to contribute to their ratings either!

Haven't watched, read the reviews and articles.

Summary:
- the first three episodes are a rehash of what they have been saying for the last two years, so it was an anticlimax.
- The trailer is Armageddon, the actual documentary is the Notebook.
- which can mean two things for next week, either they are really boring and Netflix did a great job in creating buzz or next week will be hell.
- there are some slight jabs at Kate, William and Charles. But nothing really worrying or new.
- Meghan's mom gets good reviews.
- The personal pictures are cute.

Interesting:
- they do show 1 flaw of Harry (his Nazi uniform mistake), Meghan is practically perfect in every way.
- only one of Harry's friends wanted to cooperate. It is mainly Meghan's friends and 2 family members.
- there is one moment, where Meghan makes a mock-curtsey, Harry doesn't crack a smile and looks stone-faced as she does so, and only smiles when she comes back up and sees her happy face. It was as if he couldn't tell if she was serious, he thought she was, but needed to see her face to match his response.
- these three episodes only had one moment (what we know now) with fake imagery. When they speak of racist art in the palaces. The wide shot is of an actual gallery in the palace, but doesn't contain racist art. The close ups are of pieces of racist art in private homes, not belonging to the British Royal Family.

Are you suuuurrrre about that?? :laughing:
I am just finishing part three, let's hope you really can write whatever words you want on here, have them bleeped (auto-correct changed it to blessed - laughing) and not get thrown off.

Aww, come on!
These threads just become a ****show.

And ---

I once said very early in their dating time years ago, that for me there is just something about her I find disingenuous. Don't hate her in the least, I hope it all works but for both of them. But regardless I just can't shake that. Nothing remotely catty or remotely attacking, at a time back when everyone loved her. And I got let's see - "some women don't like women" and "catty" and possibly prejudice slants.

But the funniest thing back then is I also said Hey sometimes I just feel things about people, it is not as judgemental as it sounds. I added, Look Ellen is so beloved as well and I get a disingenuous vibe from her too & quite frankly feel guilty since she is so loved.

And then another poster came on and said my daughter is like that, can sense things about people. She has this weird list in her head that includes random people like Morgan Freeman.

And then it seemed like two seconds later both Ellen & Morgan Freeman had huge scandals. Laughing. Mostly about how they are not who you think they are.

And then Meghan wanted a secluded and private life in Canada.

Last edited:
Okay.

Where to begin?

Let's start on a positive. It was nice to revisit a more optimistic time in their lives. And it did make me think it is too bad this became a ****show. A lot of people were very excited and they showed what an effect it all was having to see Meghan enter the Royal family

I thought it was well-edited & and not quite as dull as I thought it might be. It is not all Meghan and Harry yapping.

But -

I almost didn't make it out of episode one.

I almost died when Harry said something along the lines of " And then one of our friends suggested we document our daily lives, after we left England."

There are not enough emojis in all of DISland to insert here.

And I shouldn't be using quotes, so unfair of me!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter