Harvey Weinstein

Only in an industry full of phony tough guys could this loser get away with this habitual abuse.....what a bunch of cowards, I could not have any less respect for that town as a whole

Only speaking to the bold ---

Absolutely, I'm sure there were many, especially in his company. His board is claiming that they absolutely had no idea. So ridiculous. Many have come out as complaining to the HR department there. I'm sure we can all guess where that went.

And second --

Where there are habitual perpetrators over decades, there are always cowards.

So Harvey Weinstein is going to challenge his firing from The Weinstein Co. Apparently his contract was written in such a way that if he was charged with sexual harassment, the company couldn't fire him. Instead, Weinstein would have to personally pay for any judgment that was awarded + a fine (payable to The Weinstein Co). First offense was 250k, second 500k, third 750k, 4th and each one after that 1 million.

Should be an interesting case.

Unbelievable.

The money listed is its own special level of disgusting.

Written to protect the company or written so that Weinstein didn't feel he could be legally ousted I can't believe either would/will hold up.

I definitely am feeling some sort of shift. A real change. Time will tell.

I'm not. I wish I were but I think a lot of the reaction to this situation has nothing to do with how wrong Weinstein's action were.
There's been plenty of other similar situations in the past year and the reaction was very different.

I definitely am feeling some sort of shift. A real change. Time will tell.

But then again Blake Lively's story is not that uplifting for the cause of change.

She worked with a makeup artist, on a film, who she felt was harassing her. She complained all the time. At first nothing was done.

Kept complaining.

He then went further with his actions and filmed her while she was sleeping on set.

At some point he was let go. :thumbsup2

But let go with an exemplary letter of recommendation. Insert sigh. So that he could be on his merry way to his next job. And that no one needed to feel uneasy.

Because we wouldn't want to make anyone feel uneasy.

Last edited:

I'm not. I wish I were but I think a lot of the reaction to this situation has nothing to do with how wrong Weinstein's action were.
There's been plenty of other similar situations in the past year and the reaction was very different.

I hear you sunshinehighway, and understand, but at least it's not getting shut down. And an Amazon producer has now taken a leave. And that story should be, hopefully will be, brought into the light. Whatever it is. I guess I am feeling a shift that people can not hide as well.

And I feel for whatever reason that at least the women's stories are being believed. That was not happening for some of Bill Cosby's accusers.

Even people here that are calling certain actions hypocritical, do state that they believe the stories.

Yes I know :goodvibes but I do think that is a palpable change. The believing.

And women are understanding the strength in not backing down. God love Rose McGowan. She is really fighting.

I hear you sunshinehighway, and understand, but at least it's not getting shut down. And an Amazon producer has now taken a leave. And that story should be, hopefully will be, brought into the light. Whatever it is. I guess I am feeling a shift that people can not hide as well.

And I feel for whatever reason that at least the women's stories are being believed. That was not happening for some of Bill Cosby's accusers.

Even people here that are calling certain actions hypocritical, do state that they believe the stories.

Yes I know :goodvibes but I do think that is a palpable change. The believing.

And women are understanding the strength in not backing down. God love Rose McGowan. She is really fighting.

Yeah I get what you are saying. Unfortunately I think some people only believe the accusers because they don't like Weinstein. It's not as much about believing the accusers as it being against Weinstein and people they can tie to him.

Yeah I get what you are saying. Unfortunately I think some people only believe the accusers because they don't like Weinstein.

However, you are forgetting that they really dislike some of the victims too. And still have stated that they believe the women's words.

Exhausting, eh?

It's unreal that we are discussing this in this manner. Who hates who based on where you sit on the political spectrum. I feel sad that it has come to this, bled into this, for conversations about sexual assault/harassment. For everyone, all sides. Canada has its own issues and problems but I feel exhausted for such a wonderful country to face all this, all the time --- the divide coming into every single thing. I can't even imagine what family holidays are like. Or maybe people are more civil, and not as divided as I am imagining at these events.

Last edited:
The more I read that it was an open "secret" the more I think that this will never change. Women desperate to become famous will probably continue let this happen. I don't think Weinstein's behaviour is an anomaly. I'm actually starting to get frustrated with how many men and women knew about this and didn't speak up. Weinstein is going down however there are many more to take his place and many more women that will let this happen and keep silent for their careers.

Also, am I the only one that think that the young actresses that have worked with Weinstein and have pled ignorance of his ways the ones that did put out for their roles? Why else would he continue doing what he was doing. What are we doing wrong as a society that this is happening is this day and age?

However, you are forgetting that they really dislike some of the victims too. And still have stated that they believe the women's words.

Exhausting, eh?

It's unreal that we are discussing this in this manner. I feel sad that it has come to this, bled into this, for conversations about sexual assault/harassment. For everyone, all sides. Canada has its own issues and problems but I feel exhausted for such a wonderful country to face all this, all the time. I can't even imagine what family holidays are like. Or maybe people are more civil, and not as divided as I am imagining at these events.

I find it interesting that there are posters on this very board who make piggish comments all the time and are never called out on it.

Exhausting, eh?

It's unreal that we are discussing this in this manner. I feel sad that it has come to this, bled into this, for conversations about sexual assault/harassment. For everyone, all sides. Canada has its own issues and problems but I feel exhausted for such a wonderful country to face all this, all the time. I can't even imagine what family holidays are like. Or maybe people are more civil, and not as divided as I am imagining at these events.

Most countries, including the US, have laws against sexual harassment, and for a good reason because if it was allowed it would still be rampant everywhere and I doubt it's been irradiated in any society but it sure has tamed the beast. It seems that Hollywood has not caught up to current times and I'm not even sure it will even after this.

The more I read that it was an open "secret" the more I think that this will never change. Women desperate to become famous will probably continue let this happen. I don't think Weinstein's behaviour is an anomaly. I'm actually starting to get frustrated with how many men and women knew about this and didn't speak up. Weinstein is going down however there are many more to take his place and many more women that will let this happen and keep silent for their careers.

It is so incredibly layered. All of it.

I am saddened with what I see as the reluctance. Yes some of it is "not affecting me". Some of it "it's none of my business" or simply I will just pretend I don't know anything. I am getting paid well etc. etc. Absolutely.

But I also think we are grappling with an issue that is rarely discussed. An uncomfortable one. Often people that are not the victims, but know, do not speak up because of their knowing about their own actions, family member's actions or friend's actions. It clouds many people's willingness to be a hero for others.

In Hollywood, you only have to look as far as Casey Affleck, Ben Affleck and Matt Damon to understand how deep that can all run.

I think it's something that is critical to making changes. That people hide out, and not speak up, for their own reasons. We need to break through that somehow.

And women need men. We need men in these instances. We are strong on our own, of course, but we really need men to stand up too. Stronger than Brad Pitt threatening Weinstein at a party kind of standing up (Glad that he did, not negating that.)

(And yes I know there is harassment/assault on both sides)

I appreciated that at least Jane Fonda said she was ashamed that she knew for a year, but did nothing. She then stated she honestly didn't think it was my place because she was told by one of the victims and didn't think it was her place to take it further.

So complicated all around.

Last edited:
Most countries, including the US, have laws against sexual harassment, and for a good reason because if it was allowed it would still be rampant everywhere and I doubt it's been irradiated in any society but it sure has tamed the beast. It seems that Hollywood has not caught up to current times and I'm not even sure it will even after this.

Anna,

Just to be clear I was off topic talking about how political beliefs are sliding into every single conversation. And how draining that can be all around. Nothing more in that post.

It is so incredibly layered. All of it.

I am saddened with what I see as the reluctance. Yes some of it is "not affecting me". Some of it "it's none of my business" or simply I will just pretend I don't know anything. I am getting paid well etc. etc. Absolutely.

But I also think we are grappling with an issue that is rarely discussed. An uncomfortable one. Often people that are not the victims, but know, do not speak up because of their knowing about their own actions, family member's actions or friends. It clouds many people's willingness to be a hero for others.

In Hollywood, you only have to look as far as Casey Affleck, Ben Affleck and Matt Damon to understand how deep that can all run.

I think it's something that is critical to making changes. That people hide out, and not speak up, for their own reasons. We need to break through that somehow.

And women need men. We need men in these instances. We are strong on our own, of course, but we really need men to stand up too. Stronger than Brad Pitt threatening Weinstein at a party kind of standing up.

(And yes I know there is harassment/assault on both sides)

I appreciated that at least Jane Fonda said she was ashamed that she knew for a year, but did nothing. She then stated I honestly didn't think it was my place because she was told by one of the victims and didn't think it was her place to take it further.

So complicated all around.

It's time to re educate our daughters.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter