Has anyone decorated their Magic Bands? Please show us the pictures!

When using the tattoos do you apply a base coat first or just over the top? I would love to know where you got the Avenger and Darth Vader tattoos. Everyone is so creative, it makes me want to try it myself...
Yes base coat first then apply the tattoo n right after I applied 2 coats of base coat again. Found that top coat cracks after it's fully dry. So far I haven't had any problems with the base coat at all.

The Star Wars tattoos were a bit hard to find for some reason. Found those at party city not an exact fit thought but u will need to place darth vader right in the center n cut off a small portion of both sides.

FYI not all tattoos are exact fit I just cut them to fit how I wanted.

Thank you
Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Yes base coat first then apply the tattoo n right after I applied 2 coats of base coat again. Found that top coat cracks after it's fully dry. So far I haven't had any problems with the base coat at all.

The Star Wars tattoos were a bit hard to find for some reason. Found those at party city not an exact fit thought but u will need to place darth vader right in the center n cut off a small portion of both sides.

FYI not all tattoos are exact fit I just cut them to fit how I wanted.

Thank you

I'm thinking of using the tattoos, so I have a couple of questions. I want to be sure that I am doing this correctly.

1. Apply base coat
2. Apply tattoo (do I wait for the bast coat to dry or do you want it to be tacky?? Also, do you just place the tattoo on the band or do you use water, like when you apply to skin?)
3. Apply 2 more coats of base coat.

Thanks so much!!!

The strips of the bling was self stick. I used the e6000 (I think that is what it is called? ) for the stones around the mickey head chip. I had planned to use the glue as additional adhesive when I laid down the bling strips but after I saw how well it stuck to the bands and knowing I was going to be putting basecoats over it I didn't feel like it was needed. and Thanks! we had lots of fun decorating them. It was a lot of work, but they are awesome and we love them! I actually wish I would have made mine like my DD or another design I thought of this morning. Oh well, I am still satisfied with all of them.

Thank you!!

I'm thinking of using the tattoos, so I have a couple of questions. I want to be sure that I am doing this correctly. 1. Apply base coat 2. Apply tattoo (do I wait for the bast coat to dry or do you want it to be tacky?? Also, do you just place the tattoo on the band or do you use water, like when you apply to skin?) 3. Apply 2 more coats of base coat. Thanks so much!!!

Yes you apply tattoos the same way you would on skin. Just make sure base coat is fully dry before u apply the tattoos. Remember water n wet nail polish don't mix well so also make sure after applying tattoo you wait a few minutes for the water to dry in the band n tattoo before u apply base coat on top.

Welcome

Yes you apply tattoos the same way you would on skin. Just make sure base coat is fully dry before u apply the tattoos. Remember water n wet nail polish don't mix well so also make sure after applying tattoo you wait a few minutes for the water to dry in the band n tattoo before u apply base coat on top.

Welcome

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Very much appreciated. We have 7 bands to take care of and I think we will be decorating them in a variety of ways :)

Here is my DBF's magicband I did tonight, hopefully someone out there can recognize it despite my lack of artistic skills ;(

This is my first attempt at decorating a MB--I'm going in May for my first ever Flower and Garden Festival, so decided to go in that direction :goodvibes Sorry if these are huge, I wasn't sure how to make them smaller.

This is my first attempt at decorating a MB--I'm going in May for my first ever Flower and Garden Festival, so decided to go in that direction :goodvibes Sorry if these are huge, I wasn't sure how to make them smaller. http://s850.photobucket.com/user/tbo1123/media/P1020713-1.jpg.html http://s850.photobucket.com/user/tbo1123/media/P1020708.jpg.html
So cute! Are you putting a clear nail polish on top? I'm waiting for my bands to come for an oct treehouse stay and I'm excited to decorate them. I was wondering how to seal (for lack of a better word) them so the gems wouldn't pop off easily.
Also, if you put a coating of a polish all over the entire band, will it effect the functionality ?

So cute! Are you putting a clear nail polish on top? I'm waiting for my bands to come for an oct treehouse stay and I'm excited to decorate them. I was wondering how to seal (for lack of a better word) them so the gems wouldn't pop off easily.
Also, if you put a coating of a polish all over the entire band, will it effect the functionality ?

These stones had adhesive on the back, but I did use base coat to cover them in, it seems pretty sturdy so far. I have been reading this thread since it started and there are some who are using super glue to put the stones on.

I can't speak from personal experience, but as I understand it the bands work just fine with nail polish, stones, covers, tape, etc. If I find out differently on my upcoming stay I will be sure to report back.

This is my first attempt at decorating a MB--I'm going in May for my first ever Flower and Garden Festival, so decided to go in that direction :goodvibes Sorry if these are huge, I wasn't sure how to make them smaller.

That's so cute and appropriate for F&G. Great Job!

These stones had adhesive on the back, but I did use base coat to cover them in, it seems pretty sturdy so far. I have been reading this thread since it started and there are some who are using super glue to put the stones on. I can't speak from personal experience, but as I understand it the bands work just fine with nail polish, stones, covers, tape, etc. If I find out differently on my upcoming stay I will be sure to report back.
Thanks!! Can't wait til they come.. Excited to try different things with them. ;-)

We put gems over the Mickey on my DD's band, worked just fine, scanned for fast past no problem. My only complaint is this: we covered the gems with a clear base coat, that Polish started to peel off during the trip. We used E6000 to glue the gems on, I think it would have been fine to not cover them with clear.

For those looking for polish, Walgreens has their line of Sinful Colors on sale this week for $.99. Just need to use the Walgreens card. And they have about 100 colors, sparkles, glitter, and every color you could think of.

Well, here are mine. Not perfectly done. But for my artistic abilities, I am pretty happy with how they turned out. I can at least tell what they are supposed to be! :rotfl:

I've never used a "dotter" before. A tool used to make dots on your nails. I purchased one the other day due to the pretty Minnie MB that was red with white dots, early on in the thread. I've tried to dot my MB and it looks like caca ;) Is there a trick or is the key not to look too close because the dots are not perfect?

I've never used a "dotter" before. A tool used to make dots on your nails. I purchased one the other day due to the pretty Minnie MB that was red with white dots, early on in the thread. I've tried to dot my MB and it looks like caca ;) Is there a trick or is the key not to look too close because the dots are not perfect?

Are you adding a base coat to the MB before you add the dots? If you are try base coat then dotting. Also make sure you do not add thick polish or too much to the dotter. When you start dotting should be a fairly quick down n up motion. Hope this helps. Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter