Has anyone decorated their Magic Bands? Please show us the pictures!

Wow....thank you so much for the step-by-step tutorial! I love how yours turned out! Thanks again for sharing.

Does anybody know if you have to cut out the Mickey head if you're using duct tape? Or will the Magic Band still work even if it's completely covered with duct tape? I've seen people on here making them both ways, so just curious.

So glad I found this thread! The amount of talent here. Woah! Incredible!

I really want to do a Tangled theme for my Magic band, but I am by no means an artistically gifted person. I am going to try and figure out something to do to make it look Tangled-ish.

My boyfriend won't let me do anything to his aside from outlining the little Mickey head and painting him.
How did you guys go about outlining the little Mickey head in the middle of the band? I have a dotting tool for nails, but I can't get the polish to really fill the outline, and look good.

Does anybody know if you have to cut out the Mickey head if you're using duct tape? Or will the Magic Band still work even if it's completely covered with duct tape? I've seen people on here making them both ways, so just curious.

People have said that it doesn't have any effect on the RFID chip, so it doesn't have to be cut out, from what I have read.

So as I was browsing different Duct tapes on Amazon I came across a really cute pattern that I LOVE, but it's washi tape, not Duct tape. I have no idea what washi tape is! :confused3 Can anyone help? Is it similar to Duct tape? Is it waterproof? Does it stick as well? Thanks! :goodvibes

So as I was browsing different Duct tapes on Amazon I came across a really cute pattern that I LOVE, but it's washi tape, not Duct tape. I have no idea what washi tape is! :confused3 Can anyone help? Is it similar to Duct tape? Is it waterproof? Does it stick as well? Thanks! :goodvibes

I believe Washi tape is made of paper and not waterproof. Might not be as hardy as duct tape?:confused3

I believe Washi tape is made of paper and not waterproof. Might not be as hardy as duct tape?:confused3

Oh, bummer! It was a really pretty Tiffany blue chevron pattern. Thanks for the info, though, that would've been bad news!

I have enjoyed reading through this thread and am excited to start customizing our bands.

1.Has anyone tried the removable vinyl cover bands sold on DVC Central? I'd love to hear reviews on them.

2.Has anyone bought & successfully used a glow in the dark polish recently they can recommend either online or at a big chain?

3. Don't have the polish color I want on hand and I'm debating whether to splurge on a more expensive polish or go with cheap. The opinions seem to be split on this. Not really a question just thinking aloud I guess.

1. If you've heard anything, please do share. I just found out about them today & actually decided to order 4 of them for my trip coming up! I will let you know when I get back how they worked out. Even if they are disposable, the price is not bad & the $1 shipping helps as well. :thumbsup2

3. I remember answering a question similar to this so hopefully it wasn't you on this post & I just don't remember..no time to search now. :upsidedow I only painted one so far & I used Sephora by OPI for the sparkles I bought from Big Lots for just over $1 each, Sinful Colors for the solid that was on sale for .99 at Walgreens & I just got the Wet & Wild for the top coat. I painted three layers of the polish & top coat & wore it for my 3 day trip all day & night. It held up great, except for a tiny area down by where it closes cracked a bit. But I brought the bottles w/me in my luggage in case they'd need a touch up. Maybe taking advice I've seen on here from others who say get a better quality Base coat instead of top coat for the top layer & it would hold up even better?

So glad I found this thread! The amount of talent here. Woah! Incredible! I really want to do a Tangled theme for my Magic band, but I am by no means an artistically gifted person. I am going to try and figure out something to do to make it look Tangled-ish. My boyfriend won't let me do anything to his aside from outlining the little Mickey head and painting him. How did you guys go about outlining the little Mickey head in the middle of the band? I have a dotting tool for nails, but I can't get the polish to really fill the outline, and look good.

You can also use temporary tattoos for some themes. I have done several MB's already but this is my DD's tangle semi theme.
c5f954df22443d3a08c0ce89f569870e.jpg

About the Mickey outline u can use the thinnest dotting tool to outline it.

Here is my Malificent MagicBand

IMG_3020.jpg

and on my wrist

photo_1.jpg

It's originally a red MagicBand I painted purple (Planks A Lot - which is a Disney OPI colour from the Pirates of the Caribbean collection), and then used paint for the rest of the band...oh and I used a sharpie for the facial features as my brush wasn't thin enough for those lines. I burnt the right side of the band when I adhered Swarovski crystals around the Mickey head at Christmas time. :rotfl2: It looks much nicer covered up with paint though! :banana:

Great job!:thumbsup2

Also, I love the tape idea. I noticed that they have sports teams; maybe DH and the boys will be interested.

So glad I found this thread! The amount of talent here. Woah! Incredible!

I really want to do a Tangled theme for my Magic band, but I am by no means an artistically gifted person. I am going to try and figure out something to do to make it look Tangled-ish.

My boyfriend won't let me do anything to his aside from outlining the little Mickey head and painting him.
How did you guys go about outlining the little Mickey head in the middle of the band? I have a dotting tool for nails, but I can't get the polish to really fill the outline, and look good.

When I painted the Mickey head a different color than the rest of my band, I just used the nail polish color I wanted & painted it & it all fell in naturally to look good. Just wipe the brush when you take it out of the bottle like you would for your nails so it doesn't leave too thick of a coat. You don't really need to prep that area..same with the outline of the band. It just falls into place when you use the brush & then you coat it w/a base coat. But keep some Q-tips & nail polish remover on hand just in case, :)

You can also use temporary tattoos for some themes. I have done several MB's already but this is my DD's tangle semi theme.
[/IMG]

About the Mickey outline u can use the thinnest dotting tool to outline it.

Thanks! That one is so cute! I saw someone mention about temp tattoos, but how do they hold up under a clear coat? Don't want her face to rub off or anything!

I tried a dotting too, but it didn't really lay the color in. I eventually just globbed the white on with the nail polish brush and cleaned it up with my remover afterwards.

When I painted the Mickey head a different color than the rest of my band, I just used the nail polish color I wanted & painted it & it all fell in naturally to look good. Just wipe the brush when you take it out of the bottle like you would for your nails so it doesn't leave too thick of a coat. You don't really need to prep that area..same with the outline of the band. It just falls into place when you use the brush & then you coat it w/a base coat. But keep some Q-tips & nail polish remover on hand just in case, :)

Thank you! I was kind of trying too hard to not make any mess, I think. Once I used the brush, I got the polish to fall into the outline pretty well. :)

Thanks! That one is so cute! I saw someone mention about temp tattoos, but how do they hold up under a clear coat? Don't want her face to rub off or anything! I tried a dotting too, but it didn't really lay the color in. I eventually just globbed the white on with the nail polish brush and cleaned it up with my remover afterwards.

Well I have used the same technique on 4 sets of MB's n have used then with no problem. Just paint the band with base coat before u add tattoo n after tattoo has been added. You also add the tattoo the same way you would on skin. Hth

MagicBand.jpg

I took a chance trying to make my magic band Tangled inspired, and I wanted to do it myself. It's not perfect, but I'm actually pretty pleased with how it turned out!

And of course my boyfriend's is just really simple.

Question... I didn't see at the start of thread and didn't seeing going about 10 pages back but... when people mention base coat and temporary tattoos, type of base coat are they talking? Nail polish base coat or a different type? I want to try to do this to some of our magic bands but want to make sure I get the right materials first!

Also the duct tape idea? GENIUS

Oh yeah and the glitter on the magic bands, what material are people using for that effect?

anyone out there make a minion, cars, or nemo themed MB? I'm trying to come up with ideas to show MH...he actually free draws very well- I would just have to color in his lines :)

Was thinking my DS would like a Minion, but I'm flexible. Going to do some sort of Belle theme for my DD.. Thx! I did look back quite a bit!!

Also- to previous poster, people are referring to a base coat of nail polish :)

Oh yeah and the glitter on the magic bands, what material are people using for that effect?

I just used a clear polish that had glitter in it, LA Colors, BCC 557 is what is on the bottom of the bottle. I bought a silver one that had the larger glitter flakes, IMO, it was not near as pretty and did not cover as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter