has anyone ever...

crow11ad

Disney Magic Maker and Tower of Terror Expert!
took video of something when they weren't supposed to? I have seen everything on these posts, but nothing like this. Just curious. ::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo

Think they mean videoing Pirates of Carribean, Star Tours, etc.

Right?

My wife was going to take a picture of my son and I at the beginning of Pirates. CM said for her not to..

Oh well...NBD...She followed rules and didnt do it.

Ohhhh...ok..if that's the case, then the answer would be no.

I love Disney so much, that I feel like I need to respect their wishes when they ask us to not do certain things. :D

On Pirates, someone in our boat was taking pictures with a flash and we got a CM to come over the speakers and remind us that flash photography was not allowed on the ride. They stopped taking pictures and nothing else was said. This happened once, although there were other times that pictures with a flash were taken and nothing was said.

only live shows cannot be taped etc. on the rides you can take NON FLASH pictures or in fact film the entire ride with an infra red camera.
the people who ignore the no flash rule though really burn me up.

Originally posted by McCall
only live shows cannot be taped etc. .

Actually, most live shows can be taped, which surprised me. I have the Festival of the Lion King, the old Hunback of Notre Dame Show, the Tarzan Rocks, and a few others on tape. They just request that you do not use external video lighting.
Karen

We have complete video footage of every single ride that was in existence 15 years ago (my dad took video). I don't see anything wrong with it (as long as you're not using the videos for profit), but I wouldn't take flash photography, because it's just distracting.

During my last visit to EPCOT I had the pleasure of sitting next to a large group of teenage girls who insisted of taking flash pictures of the Impressions de France film. Nobody said a thing to them. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it impossible to brighten a movie screen to get a picture of a film? Hehehe!

I haven't but be careful if you do! I was riding PoC and someone was videotaping and they must have cameras because they came on the loudspeaker during the ride and told him to put it away :eek:

PoC is monitored with some form of nightvision cameras. Your flash camera or camcorder screen lights up like a bright white blob on their security screens.

For the sake of arguement--- I have POC on tape-- the whole thing. I did ask the CM boarding us, and was told as long as I didn't use any external lighting it was okay. We have a nightvision option and used that (which doesn't require any extra lighting)-- also we didn't use the screen. However, it really isn't that great. You can only tape one side at a time, and it really doesn't give you the feel for the ride. To be truthful we always fast forward by it. Maybe my CM was wrong, but we do have it.

Now for the shows. Those you can definetly get, and we have them all as well. The only 1 I remember a recording about not taping was the Country Bear Jamboree.

I just wanted to make sure we we were not the only ones. I can't wait until we watch fantasmic, wishes, spectro, pirates, C.O.P., time keeper, the TTL, and other rides. It will be a nice Disney fix when we want to revisit the magic.

I've never seen or heard any restrictions regarding flash photography on the POC. Are there signs or announcements regarding this?

Don't ruin your trip to WDW by spending it looking through a camera. Don't you want to experience it with your own two eyes.

Just being silly,
Ali

DO NOT get me started on people videotaping when they're not supposed to on things like ToT where I got hit by a flying camera!!!! Just don't do it!!!!!

Why is this such a big deal? It seems to me that if I was worrying about documenting every moment of my trip I probably wouldn't have a very good time.

Ali

What do you mean? Why is it a big deal that people do it, or why is it such a big deal that makes them want to do it? I know why they shouldn't and can share that, but I don't understand wanting to video all of it...I have to agree, too much trouble for not enough payoff!

There is no sign, except that I guess you can't use external lighting on the video.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter