Has anyone used David’s Vacation Rentals?

Gosh it's a minefield isn't it.
I have a studio booked at OKW (our home resort) over Christmas and new year, but we are in the UK, and currently have no idea if we will be allowed to travel.
I had been thinking if we aren't allowed to travel, then I would approach one of the DVC rental agencies about listing my reservation rather than just the points, so thankyou for the information on them.

For renters that want “hard to get” things (like AKL value studios) I just wanted to share that you can stalk the “confirmed reservations” and can luck out massively. We don’t book super far in advance so this works for us and we have gotten “hard to get rooms” at a few months/weeks out. I have AKL value this august booked two weeks ago for example. Between David’s and Rental Store we manage to always find what we need so don’t be discouraged if you’ve missed the window for the regular rental process.

Have any of you rented points rather than sold them? What is the best place in your opinion as a renter (consumer)? Thx

I suggest looking at the agencies' websites to review their rules, then decide what works best for you. You need to understand the current payment rules and the current cancellation rules. You don't want to go by the experiences people had before the Pandemic, because the agencies changed their rules after the Pandemic shut down DVC resorts for a period of time. (Of course you also need to understand the sleeping surface configurations of the room you want booked through points, but that is not agency specific.)

Have any of you rented points rather than sold them? What is the best place in your opinion as a renter (consumer)? Thx
Do you mean just rent out the points rather than sell the contract(s) and just be done with DVC? I'm sure that people have done it while they sort out their feelings about ownership in the future. But selling and getting out from under annual dues is still better than renting every year.

As far as guarantees to the consumer, I think DVCrentalstore.com offers the renter a cancel for any reason policy that gives refunds on a percentage basis according to how close you are to your arrival date. I don't think the others come close to that level of assurance.

I may be in the minority, but we just finished our second rental with them. Have to say I am very pleased with the ease of the entire transactions. we received 70% the day of the booking and received the remaining 30% as soon as they checked in. I understand the concerns.
While I hope to not ever have to do this again, I also have no concerns using them in the future if needed.
I liked the ease of the transactions and having to do very little work on my end.

I have used Davids to rent out my excess points snd was thinking of doing it again. I am Canadian and I do find it difficult to get access to the Paypal $$ unless I want to loose on the exchange and transfer it to a Canadian account. fellow Canadians what how do you handle this?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter