Hat wearers...Which rides do you take your hat off on?

I remove my hat on any coaster-type rides so I don't lose it.

I also tend to take my hat off on slower dark rides just so I can cool off a bit too. Having the top of your head exposed helps.

At Disneyland, we would constantly warn people to remove their hats on Pirates of the Caribbean. But it's such a slow boat ride, guests frequently ignored the warning or would just put the hat back on when the ride started because they didn't believe us.

Every day in the control tower, you could see at least a few baseball caps go flying on the first drop. When maintenance would clean out the giant filters from the flume, it would be clogged up with hats of every type. I'm sure the same is true on lots of Disney World rides that would otherwise seem tame.

I only put my hat on once - for Splash. Coming down the final drop it flew off but landed in the back row.

Yep I sacrificed one to Splash. The guy's hat in the front row flew off and I looked up at it and bam there goes mine also.

When I was a kid I was wearing a Donald Duck hat on Big Thunder Mountain. It blew off and some guy in the back of the train actually caught it and gave it back to me after the ride was over.

Flight of Passage.
The fan blowing on your face is so strong at a couple points it almost knocked my hat off once. I had to hold onto it for the rest of the ride. I now put it in the storage bin.

Thanks! I would have never ever thought about needing to take a hat off for this ride!

Any coaster really though the only one I would NEED to take one off on is Rock-n-Roller coaster due to its speed and going upside down. I would suggest taking it off on the mouse coaster in DinoLand .. my dad lost his hat on that ride going down the hill.

At least Disney is nice and lets you just hold onto it or put it in the pouches provided. I've been to parks (Legoland for example) that insisted I take it off for a kiddie coaster and put it in the "bin" as they considered it a loose article. Not only does that slow the queue down, it is just annoying. I put my hand and wrist through the hole in the back of a ballcap and hold onto it. It wasn't going to go flying anywhere.

so... WDW Is the one place I don't wear a hat to protect my follically challenged dome. I do however wear my Ears from the first minute til we leave at the end of the trip. I generally take the ears off for rides. However I learned several trips ago, to my sadness, to not put them back on until AFTER I exited a ride vehicle. On RnRC I put my ears back on as we were rolling up to the ride exit. Up pops the shoulder harness and off go my ears under the track. My first ears... the ones I got on my first visit at the age of 32..
sigh

john

so... WDW Is the one place I don't wear a hat to protect my follically challenged dome. I do however wear my Ears from the first minute til we leave at the end of the trip. I generally take the ears off for rides. However I learned several trips ago, to my sadness, to not put them back on until AFTER I exited a ride vehicle. On RnRC I put my ears back on as we were rolling up to the ride exit. Up pops the shoulder harness and off go my ears under the track. My first ears... the ones I got on my first visit at the age of 32..
sigh

john

Are you the guy from the Soarin' preshow? :)

My grandma lost her straw hat on Splash Mountain and still talks about it years later-she always jokes that Brer Bear stole it!

First I should mention that I have a very small head and even child size hats tend to be big on me so even as tight as I can get them they are still not tight fitting on my head.

I take my hat off for thrill rides where the air could catch under the bill of the hat and that's really it.
-Splash Mountain
-BTMRR
-7DMT
-Space Mountain
-TOT
-RNRC
-TT
-EE
-Dinosaur
-Kali River Rapids
(Have not done the Pandora attractions and probably never will so not sure how those are)

I take it off for almost every ride and when indoors. I am not normally a hat guy, but being bald, I figure if I'm going to be outside that much I better have one. I wear hats that can be folded and fit in my pockets, so that's what I do.

It really depends on the hat. A ball cap I bought at wal mart, I'll wear it on any and every ride, hoping to lose it. My favorite Bailey leather cap, I pull off when riding IASW because I don't want to loose it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter