Hate to bring this up, but

Thanksgiving dinner in the Land food court. I know, WHAT were we thinking but we saw it offered and thought "why not?". It was just hideous.

I'm not crazy about the 50's Primetime but it's mostly the atmosphere that bugs me. The food is bland but edible.

I bet that just about EVERY restaurant will have its critics before this thread is done. :) It does seem like an awful lot of people get food poisoning or whatever though. Sometimes food doesn't agree with me but I don't think it's actually food poisoning.

On our last trip in '01 our favorite meal was at 50's P/T. Now, that being said....our worst meal this past August was...50's. The food was borderline. My dh's was not good, mine was okay and dd wasn't crazy about hers. The service was not good. Very lax. Made us way late for Fantasmic.
The food at The Garden Grill was just okay. Don't think we'll eat there again.
As for CRT, well...been there twice, won't be doing that again. The food just isn't that great.

Amen to all of you who said Fulton's Crab House. Horrible service, horrible food for way too much money. Bring back the Empress Lilly!

Our first trip to WDW we truely enjoyed Alfredo's but subsequent visits were a disaster. The fettuccini was like wallpaper paste and we we packed in like sardines. I don't think we've been back in over 8 years.

The food at ABC Comissionary is horrible. We have had bad food at Planet Hollywood also.

Camcolt: right with you on the crunchy green spaghetti and lousy service at Tony's we wont even go near there anymore!

Fortunately we usually only experience one really BAD dining experience per week spent on vacation at Disney. I figure it would be the same if we went out to eat 14 times at home--at least two of the experiences would be less than stellar.

For us: Tony's (see above) '96
Planet Hollywood '02
Ice Cream Social at the GG '02
Pizza Planet '03

On another note, I think Chef Mickey's needs a face lift, so I won't go again until it has been refurbished. I thought it was filthy and way too well worn. CRT is all for the princesses and not for the food. Been there/done that once and I'll go any other meal but breakfast--they are in too big a hurry to rush you in and out. Though the french toast is good, no way is it worth the price they charge for breakfast.
I agree that MGM needs to get a decent restaurant, and that park still needs to replace its character meal.

The San Angel Inn in Mexico in the WS. Being a big fan of tex-mex, I know that traditional Mexican food is much more bland, but the meal we had there was awful. Not just bland, but tasteless. Even the margarita's were bad. And while the volcano is pretty cool, the darkness of the restaurant is excessive (hmmmm, maybe it is so you cannot see what you are eating??). I could hardly see my own family and they were at the same table as me!

Overall, huge thumbs down!

Biergarten at Germany in Epcot is awful, but the worst was 50;s Prime Time. Nasty food and you get yelled at by the help, what a combo:rolleyes: .

For me it has to be CRT... it really was not that great, given the character interaction with DD was fantastic but the food was awful, cold, hard and not at all edible and cost an arm and a leg to boot!!!!!! Been there done that this year we're giving Storybook at try, hopefully it'll be better.

DDM
Val
xx

I hated the pizza at Toy Story Pizza Planet. It is the worst.

We were also very disappointed in the character breakfast at Hollywood and Vine a few years back. The food was not very good at all, the service was poor and the place didn't look all that clean.

the worst we ever had was Backlot Express...picture left over warmed over school cafeteria but this was a few years ago and they have changed their menu(smart thinking) also lousy was the old poly revue( think that was the name) giant bucks for yuck and sacrilege (how do you spell that word!) that this is, the Hoop Dee Doo STUNK when we went ,rotten food , cold disgusting and of course cost a bundle. never got actually sick at Disney, that honor goes to Hard Rock Cafe at Universal

Without a doubt, Boatright's for breakfast. It's a favorite among some people, but then some of my favorites have been worst for others (Biergarten, Cindy's). First, the server was awful, I wonder if she'd just had a fight with her SO. Also, the French Toast was extremely dry, tough, and it was only 8:00 am. Yech!

We've been to Disney many times and only had two really bad dining experiences: Concourse Steakhouse (BAD service with a "Soup-Nazi" waitress and high prices for mediocre food) and Fulton's Crab House (poor service, bland food, and high priced to boot).

Took

Well I feel real lucky, I really haven't eaten at any of these places. We eat mostly at the resorts. Here are the ones we really enjoy and had great meals at. Gullivers(Swan), Yachtmans', Garden Grove(Swan), Flying Fish, Yacht club Galley, GF Cafe, the little fast food on the left in Japan, French bakery. Very seldom, if ever eat in the parks, the odd snack maybe. Sorry, I just couldn't think of any really lousy meals. I guess I'm just lucky.

Pizza Planet = Bad, although they have a Dance Dance Revolution Machine in there which is fun!

Alfredos = I love Italian food and was very dissapointed, it's been a while though and I think I'll try it again sometime.

Elissa

Mama Melrose..
Worst Service we have ever received at ANY restaurant-WDW or not.
Worst Food also.
We were not impressed with our meal for the fantasmic dinner package in Feb 03.
No apologies for spilling a drink, no apologies for poorly cooked meals, nothing.... very disappointing.

Originally posted by Simba's Mom
Without a doubt, Boatright's for breakfast. It's a favorite among some people, but then some of my favorites have been worst for others (Biergarten, Cindy's). First, the server was awful, I wonder if she'd just had a fight with her SO. Also, the French Toast was extremely dry, tough, and it was only 8:00 am. Yech!

I will totally second Boatwright's Dining Hall for breakfast. It was the worst food I have every had at any WDW restaurant ever!!! I ordered Crazy Cajun Banana Stuffed French Toast. There had to be a coating on it about 2 inches thick of cinamon sugar. I had to scrap it off even to be able to eat a few bites of this. Plus it was just icky all together in my opinion and I am a huge french toast fan. Another person in my party ordered Boatwright's Basic Breakfast. They ordered the eggs over easy and they were just about cooked into a hard solid mass. The hashbrowns both looked and tasted as though they had been sitting out for the last 3 days. The service was also horrible. Extremely slow and not very friendly and "magical." After we had finished eating we waited 20 minutes for a waitress who never came back to give us the bill, we eventually had to flag down another server to get our check.

Absolute worst restaurant for food and service was Mama Melroses. The waiter couldn't care less if we were served or not. The pizza I ordered tasted like it had alpo on it (I have never tasted alpo. I just figured what it would taste like from the smell.)
Another bad one is Tony's. I agree with everyone who mentioned the green spaghetti. My son ordered a steak meal there and got this little tiny piece of meat that he ate in about 4 bites. It cost $24.00 and then we had to get our son some real food afterwards! We like Boma but unfortunately DH and I got sick this summer from eating there. We narrowed it down to the field green salad since that was the only thing we both ate.

forgot about Boatwrights...first time I ever had crawfish and they tasted like mud...don't know if that is how they are suppposed to taste but it was plenty bad. I've been afraid to try them since!

Wow, it seems that several people agree with us about the ABC Commissary. I don't even remember exactly what I had there but no one in my group liked their meal and we all had different items. From what I recall, the food was cold, soggy, and had a bad flavor-- certainly NOT impressive to the first-time Disney visitors accompanying us!! :o

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter