Haunted Mansion Ride Lawsuit

iuki

DIS Veteran
Does anyone know the details of subject lawsuit? Did the bar not close, causing the person to fall off the ride?

I believe the suit alleges that the person fell when attempting to board the ride, alleging that a CM had pushed the emergency stop button and the walkway jolted to a halt, causing him to fall down.

I believe the suit alleges that the person fell when attempting to board the ride, alleging that a CM had pushed the emergency stop button and the walkway jolted to a halt, causing him to fall down.
That’s what I read; it said his wife was already boarded and as he was stepping on, a CM pushed the emergency stop button and he fell when the walkway stopped.
But, makes me wonder if the emergency stop was because someone else was falling or the CM saw something happening with this guy

Not sure the haunted mansion case is going to make it to court Disney will probably settle just to get it over with.

But I’m not sure how someone can be sued for an employee believing there was an emergency and using the emergency stop. I guess if there is proof there was no emergency then you’d have a negligence case? Seems odd.

Not sure the haunted mansion case is going to make it to court Disney will probably settle just to get it over with.

But I’m not sure how someone can be sued for an employee believing there was an emergency and using the emergency stop. I guess if there is proof there was no emergency then you’d have a negligence case? Seems odd.

System design. If your emergency stop leads to another injury it is designed poorly. It would probably hold up in court but I agree it will be settled.

That’s what I read; it said his wife was already boarded and as he was stepping on, a CM pushed the emergency stop button and he fell when the walkway stopped.
But, makes me wonder if the emergency stop was because someone else was falling or the CM saw something happening with this guy
Could it be he was not moving fast enough to load and he wasn't going to make it in the buggy before he ran out of moving walkway.

In just reading articles he might have a hard time based on what he supposedly is suing for ...

- Disney failing to maintain premises in reasonable safe condition :scratchin
- He wasn't alerted of a potentially dangerous situation :scratchin
- Severe & Permanent Injuries but he only wants $50k :scratchin

He is a local so maybe his goal is a low amount so Disney just cuts a check and moves on. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Could it be he was not moving fast enough to load and he wasn't going to make it in the buggy before he ran out of moving walkway.

In just reading articles he might have a hard time based on what he supposedly is suing for ...

- Disney failing to maintain premises in reasonable safe condition :scratchin
- He wasn't alerted of a potentially dangerous situation :scratchin
- Severe & Permanent Injuries but he only wants $50k :scratchin

He is a local so maybe his goal is a low amount so Disney just cuts a check and moves on. :rolleyes:
That was my thought too.

Thanks.

I don't think I've ever heard it referred to as "haunted house ride" around these parts. 🤣

I do believe that the fall was on the moving walkway as you board.
Wow! It doesn’t take much to entertain you.

Last edited:
Myriads of circumstances that could have possibly led up to this problem.

1. CM saw this person in trouble (etc., mentioned previously)
2. CM saw someone else in trouble ...
3. (etc.)

OT: In an earlier lifetime I was waiting to board Peter Pan and I saw someone on the moving walkway apparently confused, waiting for the ride car to come to him, Which would never happen because the walkway was moving him further along. A CM pressed the stop button and then gave assistance. That time it only took a few seconds to resume motion after the CM pressed a start button. At least rumor has it that if Peter Pan is stopped during normal operation it takes several minutes to get it going again. At that time there was a small lounge (chicken exit?) with a sofa past the end of the Peter Pan boarding area although someone who is confused might still stumble going off the end of the moving walkway onto the stationary lounge area.

Moral of the story: It would help if signs at rides were more terse. Like, if/where applicable, "Walk to your ride seat. " (Then in smaller print,) "Don't wait for it." Leave out or optionally put further below in yet smaller print, "The walkway is moving at the same speed as your ..."

Last edited:
Wow! It doesn’t take much to entertain you.

I didn't mean anything by it - it just struck me as funny. We're all always so proper about our names, and our abbreviations. 99% of the time it's just HM on here. I didn't mean that you needed to change it or anything.

Last edited:
I didn't mean anything by it - it just struck me as funny. We're all always so proper about our names, and our abbreviations. 99% of the time it's just HM on here. I didn't mean that you needed to change it or anything.
That’s ok. I wasn’t offended. I was just messing with you. 🤣

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter