Haunted Mansion Ride Lawsuit

- Severe & Permanent Injuries but he only wants $50k :scratchin

He is a local so maybe his goal is a low amount so Disney just cuts a check and moves on. :rolleyes:

In Florida the threshold amount to distinguish a circuit court civil case from a county court civil case is claiming that your damages are in excess of $50,000. The complaint does not have to allege how much they are ultimately seeking. But I agree with your assessment that they are likely looking for a settlement.

The Complaint is only 3 pages long and only alleges a claim for premises liability. There is no negligence claimed against the castmember. Its hard to see how simply falling to the ground when the conveyor belt stopped would caused the injuries claimed:

1691456692635.png

In Florida the threshold amount to distinguish a circuit court civil case from a county court civil case is claiming that your damages are in excess of $50,000. The complaint does not have to allege how much they are ultimately seeking. But I agree with your assessment that they are likely looking for a settlement.

The Complaint is only 3 pages long and only alleges a claim for premises liability. There is no negligence claimed against the castmember. Its hard to see how simply falling to the ground when the conveyor belt stopped would caused the injuries claimed:

View attachment 783799
Thanks for more context.

Yeah those 3 things sound like the would be difficult for him to prove, I personally don't think any of those are true.

Wait, this says HER, I thought all reports were a HIM joining his wife??

"Terminal Injury?" like is he dying or is his body part dying?

Really all this sounds a bit dramatic and over the top.

Wait, this says HER, I thought all reports were a HIM joining his wife??

I saw that too. But I don't know that too much significance can be placed on the pronoun. It is not unheard of for lawyers to cut and paste from an old complaint or other document and overlook changing a pronoun here or there.

I find it interesting that they would wait for 16 months to file such a suit. Also, there are warnings on all the rides mentioning risks and not to ride if you have issues, or to ask for assistance. If he was falling while getting into the doom buggy, then I find it difficult to believe he could have sustained permeant damage just due to the fall. Just seems to reason that there were other circumstances that would lead to permanent damage, like health issues.

Unfortunately I agree that Disney will probably just settle the suit to get it over with.

I also saw that there is another suit recently filed by a woman regarding the monorail: "a woman is suing Disney after she says the monorail doors malfunctioned without any warning and shut on her, trapping her and requiring other guests to intervene to free her." It also mentioned life altering injury. I have to wonder how this is possible, as the doors automatically reopen if there is an obstruction in the way? I guess this is why Disney keeps so many lawyers on staff.

Only thing I can think of that would fit this case is a head injury of some sort, not exactly a lot of details here. Even so, who knows if it’s legit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter