Have you ever bumped into someone you know at Disney?

DisneyNeophite

No longer a Neophyte!
Have you ever seen someone from home or someone you met in your life at Disney?
Disney is so big, I wonder if those who travel ever see familiar faces in the crowd??

I haven't yet, and I am not sure if this counts at all but, I know that my mom and dad's best friends are going to be their with their DD and DGD while we are there (we are all going to be in DHS and Epcot on the same days), then I was talking to my District Manager and she told me that she will be in Disney the same time as me also.

Yes, we did. It was over Spring Break and we saw one of my sons classmates and family. It was soooo busy but we almost walked right into them.

no one personally but I was wearing a kentucky shirt and you would be surprised at all the cats fans that came out of the woodwork and would stop and say something about me wearing it, or wearing it in FL (b/c of their rival team). Or I had a few CM's who use to live here and would point that out b/c of the shirt and ask where in KY we are from then start talking about it.

on our november08 trip, we ran into someone twice. it was a family who used to attend our church. we ran into them once at The Seas with Nemo and then again in line waiting for our bus.

i've also run into friends from online (unplanned). one family, we saw at two different dining reservations. i told them they were stalking us! lol

We have a few times. Twice we ran into kids that went to school with the boys.

Then once when we were living in the Keys and "evacuated" for a hurricane we ran into half the town at MK (DD's pediatrician, kids from school, people from work...it was funny).

We were in Chef Mickey's and my DH and I were wearing our Disney polos with our names on them. (My DD was too cool to wear hers...) Anyway, this guy comes over and says, "John? John Smith??" (name changed to protect the dorky Disney nuts)

Turns out the mystery guy was a second cousin that my DH hadn't seen since they were kids! The guy sort of thought he recognized my DH, but the name on the polo really gave it away.

my senior year in college i was there with two friends and we bumped into one girl's brother and his wife. we knew they were there but didn't make any attempt to catch up with them- but all of a sudden we were walking down mainstreet and heard someone calling her name!

also, when i was there as a kid (8), we ran into someone my parents knew.

Yep! Ran into a girl I used to hang out with in high school. I immediately started singing "It's a Small World, After all"! :lmao:

Just a few weeks ago we bumped into a family we know.

They were sitting behind us at a show at DHS. We live a few streets apart but havent' talked in quite some time.

Too funny!

Jan

Not at Disney but at Universal, but part of our Disney vacation. We ran into our very rude and nasty neighbours. :scared1: My husband was comming out of the bathroom and there were the 3 boys (ages 10-14) climbing all over the rocks that clearly say do not climb, they are very badly behaved. Of all people, we quickly moved on. One good thing at least, my windows and flower beds were safe while they were on vacation. :rotfl2:

Yep! In line for Primeval Whirl I saw one of my friends from school getting off of the ride. I was so happy! I had no idea she was going to Disney.

WOW! Too funny you are asking that question now. This trip I ran into someone I know twice. My girlfriends son who was down here on Spring break, also a guy who use to play hockey with my son. We walked right into him and his family at Epcot. What a small world!!;)

Yes, once at Disneyland we ran into a girl that had been a close friend of dd when she went to a different school.

And then at WDW, we were entering the line for Haunted Mansion and I saw a CM that was from my town. Years ago I had done the paperwork for his mom's home loan. She is hearing impaired and he came along to make sure that she understood everything. We would always chat about our love for Disney while his mom was reading the documents. It was so funny because he almost broke character! I, of course, ran over and gave him a big hug and whispered in his ear to "maintain."

After he got off work, we met up and I bought him dinner. I was mom away from mom.

Good memories:thumbsup2

Yup. We were watching a show and to my surprise one of my brother's childhood friends was working there. I had no idea he worked there. We talked after the show for awhile it was a nice surprise.
We've also seen another family that lives in our small town!

Yep, twice on our last trip.

The firsttime we were on Magical Express pulling into the Wilderness Lodge when we saw a family from our school walking to the park buses. We then ran into them at Tonys Town Square, later in the week.

We then ran into a family we knew, from when my husband was a volunteer fire fighter, at 1900 Park Fare.

Over 20 trips and this was the first trip we ran into anybody we knew from home.

in '94, my uncle bumped into an old student of his on the ferry from MK to GF.

In '06, my wife bumped into a coworker at MK who was on their last day of vacation when we were on our first day.

Last summer we were entering MK and ran into a family from my son's soccer team exiting. The strangest thing is that we went to Tennessee on Thanksgiving this year and ran into the same family at Dixie Stampede!

Yep! DH is a school teacher and we frequently run into students when we are there. So far, none of the parents have occupied too much of his time asking about their son/daughters grades, test results, social standing, etc. :rotfl2: They have all been very nice and realize we are on vacation too! One family even spotted us at HS and saved us a spot for the parade viewing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter