Have you ever bumped into someone you know at Disney?

yes, 3 years ago we ran into several families from our Church and from my kids school. I had no idea they were going to be there, so it was a bit funny.

I have run into several people. The big one was when I went over Christmas and ran into my counsin from New York. Now I don't have many cousins - only 7. And they all live in NY - I live in GA and have since I was 3. I hadn't seen him since his wedding years before. It was so bizarre!

My mother and I took a trip down a few years ago and knew one of her friends would be down there. Well we were taking the tram back to the parking lot at DHS and this woman is telling her daughter how much she loves my ears (pirate mickey ears) and my mother turns around to talk to her (she would talk to a wall) and low and behold there was her friend! We were shocked as were trying to run into eachother during the week and her she was when we weren't trying!
:lmao:

My DH runs into someone he knows wherever we go. Its a joke in our family that we always run into someone we know everytime we go to Disney. We own DVC so we go quite often now, but every trip we see someone. Our last Disney trip in Dec, we were about 5 days into the trip and hadn't run into anyone we knew. I thought our streak had ended, but----we were at GF to see the decorations and our DS12 ran into a substitute teacher that he knew. We go back in May, so will the streak continue?:rotfl:

We saw a classmate of my daughter's and his family over Easter break walking through Epcot. Very cool and unexpected.

Twice...the first was when I went down with my (then) bf. We were walking around Epcot trying to find a spot for Illuminations one night during Spring Break and we ran into two people we went to high school with. (We were all still in high school at the time)

The thing was...we were all fairly well aquainted during school and nobody had ever mentioned they were going to be there.

The second was when my sister ran into someone she went to either high school or college with (she had already graduated college at the time)
at the entrance to Nemo in Epcot. Turns out she was doing an internship down there...the CP.

I don't know if this counts, but I was on an airplane going to WDW and I ran into a manager at a small theme park I use to work at. Most awkward part, she was on a conference call with all the other managers and they all said hello to me and wished me luck at Disney.

I swear my husband and I are always bumping into someone we know when we are in Disney ... its a big joke when we get there wondering who we might see this time, or how many people that we know will we see while on vacation! Our last trip in January 2010 was the first time in a long time we didn't see anyone we know ...it was a trip of first's for us!!!:rotfl:

On our last trip, we knew two families that were going the same time as us. We didn't run into either family.

Instead, we ran into our neighbors who live across the street from us, who we had no idea were going!

This has happened to us a couple times! Once in the queue for Jungle Cruise I ran into a coworkers and his wife...I had no clue they were in FL that week. Another time while waiting for the afternoon parade in MK we ran into a girl that works at the local coffee shop. It's a small world.....

I'm from UK and we've been to Disney a good few times but the one ride we never go on is the Indy Speedway at Tomorowland. So this time me and my parents and sister thought we should do it just because we never have before....

Whos getting out of the car as we get in - our next door neighbours!

Crazy times!

I once was in line talking to my family and a person in back of me asked if I was related to XXXX? That was my sister. This stranger worked with DSis and said that we looked and spoke alike enough so she thought she would ask!

Bobbi:goodvibes

Yes! When I was growing up, I spent a few weeks each summer at a summer camp and those of us that attended the camp each year got to be very close. When I was in college, my friend and I went to Disney for Spring Break, and as we were walking through the MK parking lot I heard someone calling my name. I turned around and it was a girl I went to camp with year after year and hadn't seen since we were in high school.

::yes::

Once while standing in line for Splash Mountain I heard someone call my name - it was a friend from high school. We hadn't seen each other in over 10years.

"It's a small world, after all..." ;)

Yep, literally ran into our Girl Scout troop leader and her family on the bridge in front of Splash Mountain. We knew they were going to WDW, but they arrived a few days after we did, and we had no idea of each others schedules.

My husband did, kind of. We were walking through Tomorrowland and heard someone yell "Hey Ralph!". My husband (Ralph:lmao:) turned to see who it was. I, being the skeptic of course, said "what makes you think it's someone you know?" and kept walking. He shrugged it off. WHen we got back, he ran into an aquaintance who promptly asked him if he was at WDW the week prior. Of course I had to get the "I told you so" speech when he got home that night!

Kathy

I have, we were at MK and we were near Small World and this couple were walking towards us and we just looked at each other and pointed like "hey I didn't know you were coming at this time!" It ended up being a co-worker that I work with, he was from a different dept so I had no idea. It was too funny.

Haha just about every trip I have we have seen someone we know....its weird last year we saw someone from my dd high school staying at the same resort and then the next day we saw one of students on the the railroad at MK. The year before we saw my ds teacher from the year before. Most of the time its people from our community though. I also find it weird that you may see a family once something about cathes your eye or you happen to talk to them on the bus and then you continue to see them the rest of your trip at different places!

This isn't so much bumping into someone you know but....you know the paving slabs with peoples names on them that are outside Magic Kingdom? On one trip I happened to be looking down and saw our (then) neighbours!!! It was very freaky, I wasn't looking or anything just happened to glance down and see the 'Kerrs from Glasgow' beneath my feet! Always wished we had got one of those....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter