• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

have you found a new thanksgiving recipe?

chessie

DIS Veteran
Has anyone discovered a recipe on the boards that you think you might try for thanksgiving this year?

I thought that the FUFU recipe from the Boma restaurant might be a good one to try this year.

Chessie

I can safely say that I have not started thinking about Thanksgiving yet. Guess I should start. My family usually alternates where we go -- one year to my family and one year to my husband's. We have yet to have any holiday at our house. It just seems easier to divide them and go elsewhere than to have everyone over.

But we usually bring something to contribute to the meal. Personally, I like to bake.

Like Beth, we don't have T'giving here. I usually take Corn Pudding to my sister's, but am planning to take FuFu this year.

Now if you had asked about Christmas . . . so far we're planning on Breakfast Lasagna & Saskatoon Muffins for breakfast. For lunch I thought about FuFu & using Ohana's White Meat Marinade. (We go to my sister's again for a turkey dinner.) I'm not sure about the FuFu though. We may be sick of it by then. I had originally doubled the recipe expecting a large group for dinner. Instead there were only 3 of us! The spices seem to get stronger when it is reheated......

Corn Pudding is a PA Dutch dish. It's a side - not a dessert. It is corn in a kind of not-sweet custard. A variation (which takes more time) is Corn Souffle.

Corn Pudding

2 c grated corn
2 eggs
1 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
1 Tbl sugar
2 Tbl butter
1 Tbl flour
1 c milk

The original says "fresh corn preferred" but I always use frozen & use the blender to "grate". I only grate until it is sort of like creamed corn - not totally mush. It screws up the baking time if you don't defrost the corn first though. (I know, I've tried it!) Doubling the recipe also extends the baking time - if you use one dish.

Grate corn & add salt, sugar, pepper, flour & melted butter. Add beaten eggs & milk. Pour into a greased baking dish & bake at 350 for 35 minutes. Serves 6.

It is done when the center is "set" - like any custard - & a knife comes out clean.

Typing this out has made me hungry for this! The family will be pleasantly surprised at dinner tonight!

This sounds wonderful, I'd never heard of it...I think I may make it next week...THANK YOU!!!

:):):):) And now I have a new Thanksgiving recipe! :D
Robin

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter