Having a GRAND time - the NEW Official GF Chat Thread PART 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Everyone:flower3:

To all who are not feeling well :sick: , hope you're better for the w/e! Been swamped with cleaning and laundry all day! I also feel like there is no catching up with it! :headache:

Channing - Thanks for the invite to the NEW thread. :hug: I'm sorry you are torn about whether or not to take your October trip - that's a tough one. How does DD feel about missing school - does it make her anxious? I hope you can come to a decision you are comfortable with soon and not have to go back-and-forth about it - sometimes that is more frustrating than anything else. 0I am so guilty of that, as I am way too indecisive at times and moody too!! Hang in there! :)

Mandy - My prayers go out to you and your family. Stay safe and best wishes to your Dad for a quick recovery from surgery. :hug:

DAuntBlueSkies - You must be busy at work today - no posts!

I am officially done with summer and ready for fall!

hcts:flower3:

Hi gals!!!!!!!!!!

Hooray for Annette and her first new thread!! :goodvibes

I know we abandoned the 200+ one a couple days ago, but did we need to? :confused3 I thought they changed the rule about monster threads???

Oh well, we are here now, so let's spruce it up a little:

Here is some music

IMG_1280.jpg

And shall we need to move again, here are a couple of options in transportation!

IMG_0971.jpg

IMG_1255.jpg

And in case we get hungry:
IMG_1108.jpg

AHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Feels like home now!! :rotfl:

OK, the real reason that I had my photobucket window open was to post the much promised baking pics from last week.

Here is the 1st Day of School Cookies

IMG_2093.jpg

And the watermelon cake (I was alittle disappointed in this one :sad1: )

IMG_2094.jpg

Mandy- good luck with your Dad and the storm!! :wizard: Keep us posted as you can!! :grouphug:

Wendy- are you leaving for Hannah or hunkering down until Ike??? Be safe, my friend! :hug:

Hi to everyone :wave:

I finished my first of 1 million books last night :goodvibes It was OK, but I couldn't get into the characters (they fought too much!! :rotfl2: ) I will start a new on Monday (still sticking with the Liz Thorton's though)

My peanut butter decandance is still in the fridge- DH tried it but didn't care for it (he doesn't have the sweet tooth that I do :eek: ). I am sure I will take a nibble in the not so distant future :rolleyes1

I should be cleaning, but popped in real quick to say hi. If I don't make it back, have a GREAT weekend everyone!!

Go White Sox!!!!!!!!!! (1.5 game lead again :banana: )

Kristin ~ Those cookies are awesome :). And that watermelon cake looks oh so yummy!!!! And the tuxedo strawberries....OMG!!!!! Those are a DEFINITE order for our July trip :laughing:. And I will accept either mode of transportation :rotfl: :rotfl:.

Looks like my time of chatting is about over....DSs are due home any minute and then we are off to a HS football game tonight :cool1: :cool1:. Have a great evening all :banana: :banana:.

Deb :flower3:

Mandy- good luck with your Dad and the storm!! :wizard: Keep us posted as you can!! :grouphug:

Wendy- are you leaving for Hannah or hunkering down until Ike??? Be safe, my friend! :hug:

Hi to everyone :wave:

I finished my first of 1 million books last night :goodvibes It was OK, but I couldn't get into the characters (they fought too much!! :rotfl2: ) I will start a new on Monday (still sticking with the Liz Thorton's though)

My peanut butter decandance is still in the fridge- DH tried it but didn't care for it (he doesn't have the sweet tooth that I do :eek: ). I am sure I will take a nibble in the not so distant future :rolleyes1

I should be cleaning, but popped in real quick to say hi. If I don't make it back, have a GREAT weekend everyone!!

Go White Sox!!!!!!!!!! (1.5 game lead again :banana: )

I agree GO WHITE SOX!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've been a bandwagon fan since I was born in NW Indiana and was brought up a Cubs fan but my dh has NONE of that in this house. He was born and raised on the southside and he absolutely HATES the cubs about as much as he hates the Notre Dame fighting Irish (he moved to NW Indiana as a teenager and when you live within miles of south bend its pretty much down your throat...never bothered me any though :confused3 )
I didn't realize the Sox were back to 1.5 game lead though :yay: :yay: They had been horrendous as of late losing 2-3 to BoSox until Ozzie hammered down and told them they needed one...lucky for them the twins have been losing too :yay: :yay:

Nice pictures of the cookies...YUM!

Nice pictures of GF...I'll ride in Cindy's carriage please :)

Another busy day here and not much time. I HAVE to do laundry, clean floors, and clean my kitchen cabinets. I also need a nap but I don't think I'll be able to squeeze that in too :( Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Mickeynut...good luck to DS at his football game!

Mandy stay safe and I hope your dad's surgery goes well!

Ok...with all the bed bug threads I'm now officially FREAKED OUT! I just read the thread that someone came back from POR and had bed bugs then I searched and started reading about how someone had bed bugs recently at CR in an MK tower view and the manager tried to say there wasn't any(so scratch that place from my list to stay)...ugh gross!
Anyone know if there have been recent reports of bed bugs at GF? At this point I'm about ready to sleep in my car :rotfl:

Hooray!!!!!!! Another White Sox fan!!!!!! :worship: We are HUGE fans here (just ask Chan since she has seen my SUV :lmao: ). "cubs" is a 4 letter word in our house ;) DH just called and said that when the Bos Sox hit our beloved Carlos Quentin the last time :sad1: that it actually broke his wrist. He is having surgery on Monday and is probably out for the season/post season. (For those of you non fans, he is the American League Homerun Leader so this is a BIG loss).

Thanks to all on the comments on my baking. I love to do it :love: The watermelon cake looked better than it tasted though :rotfl: You use a regular white cake mix, but add a packet of cherry kool aid to get the color. The seeds are mini chocolate chips. That combo just didn't taste good to me (but my family enjoyed it at the BBQ!)

The cookies were NOT my best effort. I cheated by using tube dough and it didn't hold its shape AT ALL!!! :confused3 And for whatever reason my royal icing was changing colors as I thinned it (that has NEVER happened to me before). But DS loved it so that is all that matters.

Stay tuned for more- I am thinking Soccer themed cookie pops next week :idea:

OK, the real reason that I had my photobucket window open was to post the much promised baking pics from last week.

Here is the 1st Day of School Cookies

IMG_2093.jpg

And the watermelon cake (I was alittle disappointed in this one :sad1: )

IMG_2094.jpg

i love your cake pics. I am changing your name to Betty.

Hey guys Just wanted to let you know my dad will be having surgery on Monday.

I need to get busy b/c I need to prep the house for the hurricane and pack the kids up to go to my g-mas PLUS I need to pack for the trip to the hospital 3 hrs away. My wonderful DH has taken time off work and is trying to keep me calm, but i keep asking why we cant go to WDW Saturday and he is trying to gently remind me we are the adults and cant blow off the responsibilities we have to take care the next few days!

I just need to escape to my happy place!

Keep central FL in your prayers as we prepare for IKE!

be safe Mando!:hug:

Good Evening Gals~

Finally made my way over too....

Wishes you're first thread:) (I might figure out how to do that someday:confused: )

Hope everyone had a nice day, mine was the day from he...!! TGIF:) is all I can say...

Mandy hope that your dads surgery goes well will keep him in my prayers for a speedy recovery:hug: (and no more storms either!!!)

Channing You're not gonna believe what I had for lunch today... EGG SALAD:rotfl: Just had too...

Kristen You are an incredible baker :thumbsup2 Everything looks so professional...WOW....Maybe you'd like a job at the GF Bakery:rotfl:

Dawn hope you're feeling better soon oops sorry Dawn I meant Vanessa ( its been one of those days) gee I hope everyones better!!

Kelly glad to see you are feeling better How about you Skjj??

Deb enjoy DS football game:cheer2:

Hey hcts....I like the fall decorations best of all-bring on the pumpkins:) (is there a pumpkin smilie somewhere)

To everyone in the all storms paths- stay safe....

Talk to you all later:flower3:

Hooray!!!!!!! Another White Sox fan!!!!!! :worship: We are HUGE fans here (just ask Chan since she has seen my SUV :lmao: ). "cubs" is a 4 letter word in our house ;) DH just called and said that when the Bos Sox hit our beloved Carlos Quentin the last time :sad1: that it actually broke his wrist. He is having surgery on Monday and is probably out for the season/post season. (For those of you non fans, he is the American League Homerun Leader so this is a BIG loss).

Thanks to all on the comments on my baking. I love to do it :love: The watermelon cake looked better than it tasted though :rotfl: You use a regular white cake mix, but add a packet of cherry kool aid to get the color. The seeds are mini chocolate chips. That combo just didn't taste good to me (but my family enjoyed it at the BBQ!)

The cookies were NOT my best effort. I cheated by using tube dough and it didn't hold its shape AT ALL!!! :confused3 And for whatever reason my royal icing was changing colors as I thinned it (that has NEVER happened to me before). But DS loved it so that is all that matters.

Stay tuned for more- I am thinking Soccer themed cookie pops next week :idea:

Yeah I just read that online...I couldn't believe it :scared1: That's a HUGE blow to the team and in a tight pennant race they REALLY REALLY needed him down the stretch. I'm sure he's probably done this season but the article said they'd evaluate him in 2-3 weeks to see if he could go...one can only hope :confused3

Kristen - awesome cakes and get photos!!! I was so Disneyed out when we got back but I getting that itch again!! I know its not going to be until next July, but I think I am going to call and book this weekend. It makes feel like its official!!

Mandy - Be strong and stay safe!!!

I starting to wonder about the new ADR system!! Wouldn't that be great to do it yourself on line!!!

I have to run to staples, DS's teacher's just told him what he needs. Do you think anything is left on the shelves????

Annette

Thanks A for this wonderful new friend thread :goodvibes It was super smart of you:rotfl2:

Mandy....The Kingdom Keeper books are a little too advanced for a 6 yr old....We read the first chapter today, the kids were totally engaged! OK that is sooo cool about your friend and her WDW classroom...tell me more!

Chan...I totally know what you are feeling about taking the kids out of school..I so cannot take the boys out anymore...they just miss too much in class and just cant catch up with the homework.

Wendy and Mandy....be safe...this is crazy weather lately!

Kel are you better???? Hope so!

Deb have fun at your game!

WooHoo on the Sox!

dawn:flower3:

OK, so the Red Sox didn't break his wrist (sorry Kel!!!!!!!) Apprantly the dumby was mad when he struck out against Cleveland and went to slap his hand at the bat in frustration and did it :sad2:

And now Minnesota is back home against the lowly Tigers :headache:

Ok...with all the bed bug threads I'm now officially FREAKED OUT! I just read the thread that someone came back from POR and had bed bugs then I searched and started reading about how someone had bed bugs recently at CR in an MK tower view and the manager tried to say there wasn't any(so scratch that place from my list to stay)...ugh gross!
Anyone know if there have been recent reports of bed bugs at GF? At this point I'm about ready to sleep in my car :rotfl:

I just read that bed bug thread!!! EEEWWWW....

I'm itching just thinking about it:scared1:

I guess that the only thing that you can do is to check the bedding and other areas in the room before settling in...

And I thought people were going overboard cleaning theirs rooms before staying in them:confused:

I guess it can happen anywhere:sad2: Lets hope not at the GF:)

Annette Is the new ADR system up and running? I would definitely like being abe to do that myself (now I'm going to have to plan another trip:) )

Staples is crazy at this time of year, you'd think they could send you a list over the summer:confused3

Hope that you get all the supplies your DS needs.:)

The new ADR system has been delayed to November 21, 2008. I think it was supposed to ready to go late October.

Staples was actually not too bad, it looked like a boom hit it. I even found everything I needed, including the $115 calculator my DS needs for Algebra.:scared1:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter