Having a GRAND time - the NEW Official GF Chat Thread PART 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
The new ADR system has been delayed to November 21, 2008. I think it was supposed to ready to go late October.

Staples was actually not too bad, it looked like a boom hit it. I even found everything I needed, including the $115 calculator my DS needs for Algebra.:scared1:

OMG What kind of calculator costs $115....it should calculate and tutor too...
I think the calculator I use was about $4:rotfl: much less sophisticated than your sons:)

Here's me, broken computer, finally steal one from the teens and I can't find you guys...thanks ... LOL!!! I feel like the unwanted Cinderella of the bunch....Cinderella Sheli.

Just kidding! I am glad to have found home again.

Speaking of home: every time we got back to the GF the CM's would say "Welcome home" so my 3yo decided to go back to daycare this week and tell them all her new house is at Disney and that we are just VISITING here (our actual home.) She further has taken to calling the house "The Camp" because "home/gf" is so much nicer than "home/maine" I have a hard time not bursting into hysterical laughter as she continues telling people (any people who will listnen) all about her new home!!

Of course this is the child who insists that our old house was a cave...like true caveman style cave. Gotta love 3yo's.

Hey, all!!! Finally settled in for the night!!! We had a late soccer game and then I went to Costco thinking I'd buy DS an IPOD Touch for his bday. Um...no. Not happenin'. The 16 gb or mg or mb whatever was almost $400 ad that was the cheaper. He has a nano.....I wanted to get him something kinda cool for #18 but I am not that cool.

Annette, My son had to have that calculator a few yrs ago, too. Jeeze...I hope he still has it.:rotfl: :headache: We were thinking what a dumb butt purchase...he'd lose it FAST and also in college it's all done on a computer anyway. When I bought HIS it was $130 3 or 4 yrs ago.:rolleyes1 But I bet it was the same one....you got a deal!:rotfl: :thumbsup2

Dawn
...:rotfl: :rotfl2: :rotfl: Is all I can say. LIterally laughed out loud. You kill me you sweet thing. :worship: :worship: It's just all bottled up isn't it?!

Mandy.
.I am so glad it's not chicken pox and you will be able to be thre for your dad. We'll be thinking of you on Monday. AND good luck with the storms headed your way. I hope it blows by easy.

Deb.
...laundry isn't moving. I was out most of the day - it was crazy busy today. :rolleyes1 YEP...TGIF is right.

Happy night all!

WHERE'S MORE PICS?!?!?!?!

Channing:)

OK, so the Red Sox didn't break his wrist (sorry Kel!!!!!!!) Apprantly the dumby was mad when he struck out against Cleveland and went to slap his hand at the bat in frustration and did it :sad2:

And now Minnesota is back home against the lowly Tigers :headache:

I thought they said on the news that from being hit twice that's what did it (he had been hit once and then a week later against bosox they hit him again :confused3 ). I saw him hit his hand on the bat...then he cleared up the rumor that said he hit his hand against a wall and that's what did it. Who knows...at least they took it to the Angels tonight :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

I just read that bed bug thread!!! EEEWWWW....

I'm itching just thinking about it:scared1:

I guess that the only thing that you can do is to check the bedding and other areas in the room before settling in...

And I thought people were going overboard cleaning theirs rooms before staying in them:confused:

I guess it can happen anywhere:sad2: Lets hope not at the GF:)

UGH I was telling dh about it and he's like WHAT??? I said you have to go in and inspect the room if I see bugs we'll hop right back in that van and drive home :rotfl: He said, "I don't think so" :rotfl: I haven't come across any threads about GF so crossing my fingers that isn't an issue there. I know I'm going to be trying to go bed at night thinking about bed bugs...EWWWWW!
Ok so did you see the OP's latest post? She went in and INSPECTED her bed/room etc and all was clear. Then 3 nights later one landed on her while sleeping and she jumped up and turned on the lights. She said the manager told her the mousekeepers are trained to inspect the beds every few weeks for signs of bedbugs so they keep a handle on any infestation. UGH...what is a person to do? You do all you can by inspecting and still end up with bugs...if it wasn't such a phobia of mine to sleep on hotel sheets I don't think I'd be this crazy about it but this is seriously putting a damper on my excitement. YIKES!

Good Morning. Very gloomy morning here. The center of Hannah is right beside me. I'm a little to the west of it, but I've have already gotten 5 1/2 inches of rain and it is expected to rain for several more hours. The good thing is since I'm on the west side of the storm, the winds aren't too bad. Someone asked about the ADR system, you can make them up to February 22nd now. I made mine last weekend for my February Land/Sea cruise. Hope everyone on the east coast stays safe, Hannah is quickly coming up your way. - Lisa.

Tinker*Shell I like your DD ideas:rotfl: She sure picked a great place to call home :thumbsup2

Channing & Deb We always took out kids out of school for our Disney vacations UNTIL HS...
After that we would look at the school calendar and whenever they had an xtra day or two off we'd make that the vacation ( only down side the trips were only 4-5 days long-but better than nothing...)

Chan as much as I love WDW I always have pre trip second thoughts....I forget about them as soon as the plane touches down in FLa:)

We wanted a longer trip this year and decided on August...IMO just too hot...(not to mention the storm anxiety)
We much prefer Oct/Nov or early Dec (epecially with the holiday decor etc)

BTW when we went to MK the day before we left in Aug the MK was decorated for Halloween...it looked great but...just a little too early:confused3

Next year everyone will be in college~maybe time for a solo trip for mom;)

Skjj just read the rest of the bug thread:headache: ....dont let it ruin your trip anticipation...just think of all the room that dont have bugs...:)

No rest for the weary I need to get back to the :laundy: today... if I ever catch up I'll let you know what the trick is:rotfl:

Good Morning Everyone!!

I can't take my kids out of school either!!! I used to go to WDW every May, it was hot but half as hot as July!! July is easier without school hanging over our heads.

BS & HCTS - I was looking forward to your party photos!!! Any chance of us seeing some??

Good Morning All!!! Hope all of you are enjoying your weekend :).

I was so Disneyed out when we got back but I getting that itch again!! I know its not going to be until next July, but I think I am going to call and book this weekend. It makes feel like its official!!

I starting to wonder about the new ADR system!! Wouldn't that be great to do it yourself on line!!!

Annette

July really isn't that far away....it will be here in no time :cool1:. But I know what you mean about getting it booked.....makes it more "official" once you have something in place :goodvibes. I watch my ticker daily just waiting for it to go down another month :rotfl:.

I would LOVE to be able to make ADRs online....that would be awesome!!!!! That way it can be done any time day or night.

Here's me, broken computer, finally steal one from the teens and I can't find you guys...thanks ... LOL!!! I feel like the unwanted Cinderella of the bunch....Cinderella Sheli.

Just kidding! I am glad to have found home again.

Speaking of home: every time we got back to the GF the CM's would say "Welcome home" so my 3yo decided to go back to daycare this week and tell them all her new house is at Disney and that we are just VISITING here (our actual home.) She further has taken to calling the house "The Camp" because "home/gf" is so much nicer than "home/maine" I have a hard time not bursting into hysterical laughter as she continues telling people (any people who will listnen) all about her new home!!

Of course this is the child who insists that our old house was a cave...like true caveman style cave. Gotta love 3yo's.

We wouldn't hide from you :rotfl:. Too cute about your dd....but you got her on the right track with the GF :upsidedow.

Deb.
...laundry isn't moving. I was out most of the day - it was crazy busy today. :rolleyes1 YEP...TGIF is right.

Happy night all!

WHERE'S MORE PICS?!?!?!?!

Channing:)

LOL.......I finished what laundry I had the other day and it's PILED UP AGAIN :scared1: :scared1:!!! And I never did get to the ironing......so I'm no better off than I was a day or two ago :rotfl:. And all I've accomplished so far today is changing the sheets on all the beds.........which only made MORE laundry :lmao: :lmao:!!!

Good Morning. Very gloomy morning here. The center of Hannah is right beside me. I'm a little to the west of it, but I've have already gotten 5 1/2 inches of rain and it is expected to rain for several more hours. The good thing is since I'm on the west side of the storm, the winds aren't too bad. Someone asked about the ADR system, you can make them up to February 22nd now. I made mine last weekend for my February Land/Sea cruise. Hope everyone on the east coast stays safe, Hannah is quickly coming up your way. - Lisa.

Glad to hear you're a little to the side of it. Hope it passes through quickly without damage to you or any others in its path. Stay safe :hug:.

Channing & Deb We always took out kids out of school for our Disney vacations UNTIL HS...
After that we would look at the school calendar and whenever they had an xtra day or two off we'd make that the vacation ( only down side the trips were only 4-5 days long-but better than nothing...)

We much prefer Oct/Nov or early Dec (epecially with the holiday decor etc)

BTW when we went to MK the day before we left in Aug the MK was decorated for Halloween...it looked great but...just a little too early:confused3

That's where I'm at now......I have one in 8th and one in HS......we were booked to leave 9/25 for 8 nights but changed it due to DS in HS.....just too much for him to miss 6 days of school....especially right at the beginning of the year :sad2:. We too prefer Oct/Nov and any time in Dec :santa:......but summers will probably be it for the next few years. But although it's HOT....we spend so much more time at the resort since we go so often, that we will be enjoying the heat while at the pool....so it won't be too bad ;). And I agree with the decor.....way too early :eek:. But it is pretty :).

Good day all :). It's nice and sunny here today :sunny: but they are forecasting rain for Mon/Tues :umbrella:. So everyone enjoy the nice weather while it's here. I'll be checking in throughout the day in between laundry loads and ironing....Chan....get busy on that laundry :rotfl:.

Deb :flower3:

I would LOVE to be able to make ADRs online....that would be awesome!!!!! That way it can be done any time day or night.

Hi Deb :goodvibes

I would also like to be able to make ADRs online. I am a little nervous about the thought of another WDW interface though, as I have found that their systems do not always talk to each other! :headache: When you use it, let us know how it works! :) I hope it works well, as it will be much better than making all those phone calls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Where are you thinking of dining?

Good Morning Everyone!!

I can't take my kids out of school either!!! I used to go to WDW every May, it was hot but half as hot as July!! July is easier without school hanging over our heads.

BS & HCTS - I was looking forward to your party photos!!! Any chance of us seeing some??

Doesn't it stink??? I actually homeschooled for 4 years :scared1: and did I get used to that (no school "rules" about missing days)......that's when we started going in Oct/Nov/Dec without any worry about the boys missing school....especially since I was the principal/teacher :rotfl: :rotfl:. But that was just something I did temporarily due to some issues we had at the elementary school that had no solution in sight :sad2:. And I knew it was only temporary since kids need to be around other kids daily and I knew I would have a tough time getting through ms schooling them let alone hs :scared1:. So once each of them hit the ms level (6th grade), they went back and have been doing great ever since :).....so I guess I did something right those 4 years :laughing:. But it gets tougher each year to take them out once they get to a certain grade level :scared:.

And hcts and bs.....I agree....are more pics on the way????

Good Morning Everyone!!

Annette - I will be posting more pics today! :goodvibes Thanks for asking!! We have a few pics of the party, not as many as I hoped, as DAunt was busy greeting her guests and I was busy with DD and DS! Nobody else is really into taking pics. We actually (at Channing's suggestion) tried to have a Disney photographer take pics, but they never got back to us when we inquired. :sad1: In all other areas though, they were FANTASTIC! It was really something else and DAunt was truly surprised! :goodvibes

hcts:flower3:

Hi Deb :goodvibes

I would also like to be able to make ADRs online. I am a little nervous about the thought of another WDW interface though, as I have found that their systems do not always talk to each other! :headache: When you use it, let us know how it works! :) I hope it works well, as it will be much better than making all those phone calls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Where are you thinking of dining?

Hey, hcts :). I agree that Disney's website leaves something to be desired as it doesn't work all that well alot of the time :headache:. I'm real curious to find out how online ADRs will work :confused:. I haven't got definite places yet.....still thinking about that :laughing:. Although GF Cafe and 1900 PF are 2 for sure as we've never eaten at GF Cafe and it's been quite a few years since we've been to 1900 PF....so since we're staying at the GF, I thought might as well eat there for a couple of meals :). But I'm trying to narrow things down since I'm so obsessed with planning and have to have everything in place so far in advance :rotfl:.

Morning guys and gals!!

:laundy: :laundy: I hate this stuff. I do not mind putting in the dryer but I am not good at folding and putting it away. I have clothes on every bed right now staring at me wanting to get put in the drawers. I wish I could hire someone just to do the laundry and I would do the rest.

I would LOVE :love: to see more pictures.

Mandy~ I hope all goes well with your dad's surgery. Keep us posted. Have you heard anymore from B??

Well~ as many of you know I am heading to the GF for Christmas and was changing to GV to save the money but I have a deluxe room in RPC reserved. MY TA knows I am a compuslive reservation changer so we decided to keep this room until I definately decide. I did email IPO and did a room request for room 4420. He got right back to me and said he would definately try. I think this is an octagon room right by the lounge...is that right?? I have decided just to give my TA my cc number and just tell her to surprise me. I just do not know what to do :confused3 . I wish a code would come out for our days but I know I am dreamin. I looked up ressies for the time over Christmas and a lot of the resorts still have a lot of availability. New Years seems booked but Christmas does not...so I guess I can still dream.

Anyway- it is a beautiful day in Central IL. We roasted hot dogs and made smores by the fire pit last night. It was just an awesome evening. Glad I did not go to Chicago...especially since I felt so crappy the last two days.

Channing- The tickets my friends had were $48.00. I just talked to them and they said the seats were very good and they loved Wicked. I do not think I would pay for the real expensive ones. I will get an exact location for you.

Hope everyone has a nice day!:flower3:

Morning Friends.....Its a beautiful day here in Chicago...I think I will clean out my hottub/spa and get it rolling for the fall weather...nothing like a soak under the stars...

You know what would help us with visiting WDW during the off times...Year Round School...Im not kidding...you go for 9 weeks of school and then 2 weeks off..its really so great for the kids, they dont regress at all in their studies.

alright i better get going..im on my second pot of coffee:surfweb: :scared1: Just cant get moving today...

TTFN!:upsidedow

Hey Vanessa...i hear ya about the wafling back and forth...i wish a code or better rate would come out for us...no chance its booked solid over T'giving!
Sounds like a WAY better time at home than in Chicago....

Check out the Westin in Lombard for a hotel...right by Yorktown Mall...not too far from Glen Ellyn..lots of shopping,movies and eating around that hotel...rates are pretty reasonable too.I guess when you compare them to Disney:rotfl2:

OK, so the Red Sox didn't break his wrist (sorry Kel!!!!!!!) Apprantly the dumby was mad when he struck out against Cleveland and went to slap his hand at the bat in frustration and did it :sad2:

And now Minnesota is back home against the lowly Tigers :headache:
I'm glad it wasn't the Red Sox. We want to win, but not at the expense of someone getting hurt.

Just call me Cinderella Maxie.:rotfl2: Can I come over here and play too.

Hope it passes quickly and you don't have any damage. We are getting a lot of rain now and the winds and more heavy rain is supposed to move in sometime after midnight. We have a stone driveway and it has been pretty much washed out by last nights rain, hope it can stand another night.

Hope everyone that was sick is feeling better. Back to the :laundy:

Good morning, Friends!:goodvibes (OMG...that sounds Amish:rotfl: )

SHeli!! How did I miss your post about Em having a new "home" yesterday?:rotfl2: I am with her. Everytime I stay at the GF I think....I WANNA LIVE HERE!:rolleyes1 I love that place. It is so funny becasue I am a mega homebody and I love my home, too...and they are 180 different.:rotfl: For me, it's the being waited on, no cooking, no laundry, etc...I think - that makes it so fabulous.

Dawn! I am kinda with ya on the year round schooling. It makes sense when you think about it. I am glad it's nice out today. First soccer game! YOU would NOT believe the little ***** we played in a scrimmage last night....they were like HOCKEY PLAYING little 3rd grade girls! Body slamming, pushing, elbowing, tripping....UN REAL. Of course our sweet team got trampled...but it was incredible. Those other kids were beasts. Jo got in the car and was all beat up and she was MAD.:rotfl: HOpefully we play a nice team today.

Vanessa, thanks for the Wicked info:thumbsup2 OMG..you are so funny about the GF at Xmas....I can't believe you!!! Seriously are you going to just be surprised?!?! That is a riot.:rotfl2: Yes 4420 is right off the lounge. It's an awesome room - I saw in it - and location. It's very large!! That sounds fun roasting hot dogs and marshmallows!! It has been beautiful weather here.:)

Lisa, sorry about your weather. I am glad Hanna isn't giving you all too much grief though. :hug: Hang tight. Hope it passes soon!

Deb...I am nervous about those online ADRs, too....the Disney website is always sucko and broken and it's a wreck. I wonder how well they will be able to handle ADRs online. I am sooo bad with change, too...this whole idea of doing it differently has me kinda spooked.:scared: :rotfl:

Oh!! I can't wait to see more pics! I am shocked the photographer never got back to you! What a bum.:mad: I told a CM friend about that idea and they really were excited and thought that would be perfect. I wonder what happened.....:guilty:

OK...talk to ya all later!
Chan

Hey, hcts :). I agree that Disney's website leaves something to be desired as it doesn't work all that well alot of the time :headache:. I'm real curious to find out how online ADRs will work :confused:. I haven't got definite places yet.....still thinking about that :laughing:. Although GF Cafe and 1900 PF are 2 for sure as we've never eaten at GF Cafe and it's been quite a few years since we've been to 1900 PF....so since we're staying at the GF, I thought might as well eat there for a couple of meals :). But I'm trying to narrow things down since I'm so obsessed with planning and have to have everything in place so far in advance :rotfl:.

Deb I like all of the dinig options at the GF also...GF Cafe is a favorite of mine...If you can try Narcooses too...their food is delicious:) also we had that almond crusted cheese cake there that everyone raved about and it was worth every calorie:rotfl:

So many great restaurants to choose from...have fun planning!!:)

BlueSkies - Narcoossee's (as well Citricos) look good to me but I'm worried about my oldest DS......not willing to try much :sad2:. Now my other DS.......if there's steak (preferably filet :laughing:) he's a happy camper....as is DH ;). But my oldest doesn't venture much from cheeseburgers & chicken tenders :rolleyes1. I would love to try those 2 as well as California Grill at the CR but it worries me that he won't find anything to eat at any one of those places :headache:. I know (from experience the last 7 years :rotfl:) that Disney is very accommodating....but I'm a little worried they won't be able to accommodate his pickiness at those more upscale restaurants :confused:. So if you can give me an idea of what DS can get at any of those places (any or all of the 3 you've been to), I would be most greatful :). I've also got Yachtsman Steakhouse on the list as a possibility too :goodvibes. There are just too many places that we love or want to try that I can't fit them all in 8 days....so I guess I'll just have to take more than 1 trip a year just to try the restaurants :lmao:.

Chan - I kinda think the online ADRs will be a mess.....just because there's so many problems with the system now...I can't imagine so many people online trying to get the same ressies at the same time :scared1:. It would be neat to be able to just sit at your own computer and make the ressies, but I don't think it will go over too well unless Disney gets a reliable system :rolleyes1.

Deb :flower3:

Maxie - hope the wind is not too bad on you. It is finally clear here. Just a couple of small tree limbs to pick up and get the deck furniture back out of the barn. I have been cleaning a lot today, DH's family is coming over for dinner tomorrow night. We are going to celebrate 3 birthdays. I just finished scrubbing the bathroom floors and now I have a few baseboards that I need to finish. Hope everyone is having a productive day. Thanks for all of the safe thoughts - Lisa.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter