Having a GRAND time - the NEW Official GF Chat Thread PART 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is late and I am about to hit the sack but wanted to thank everyone for the well wishes while my dad was in surgery today. He was in sugery 11 hours and is doing well. HE will be in the hospital 12-14 more days befor he will be able to make the 3+ hr trip home.

I have to leave to come back home for a few days then back up for teh weekend to help and give my mom a break.

I just have to say I have the most wonderful DH! HE has taken care of so much and I never had to give him instructions. HE kept the kids busy and ran all over town to the duck park and playground. HE also mentioned doing a few loads of laundry and mopping..... Oh he also homeschooled!

:lovestruc I LOVE him !

Mandy~So glad that everything went well for your dad yesterday...Wishing him a speedy recovery:)

Your DH took the kids out to play mopped did the dreaded:laundy: AND home schooled (all with out any instructions...) WOW what a guy:thumbsup2

Good Morning Gals :).

Mandy ~ So glad everything went well for your dad yesterday :flower3:. Hope his recovery goes well and he's able to make the trip back home soon :). And what a great DH you have :thumbsup2.

Hope everyone has a great day today :sunny:. Gotta get DS to school here shortly so I'll catch ya all a little later ;).

Deb :upsidedow

Maxie Congrats on the airfare credit thats terrific:) SW deifinitely has the best policies :thumbsup2

Deb I'm up early and guess what I'm doing......:laundy: but I'm thinking about the GF while I'm doing it...:rotfl:

Amy I saw your planning journal...your dress and bridesmaids dresses are beautiful...and your invitations are elegant...a Disney wedding...how wonderful:) It will be here before you know it....

Good Morning Everyone!!!

I have been ripping apart my house from top to bottom!!! I still have soooo much to do. I do this every year the first full week of school!!

Channing - I saw a blue print of that Lodge Tower room, but reservation agents tell me that they are totally sold out. Could that be? Is it something difficult to get? If so I wish I would have known about them earlier.

Mandy - So happy to hear about your dad, thanks for keeping us updated.

Hello all.....I'm back from taking DS to school and getting myself a much needed cup of coffee :surfweb:.

Deb I'm up early and guess what I'm doing......:laundy: but I'm thinking about the GF while I'm doing it...:rotfl:

I would be doing :laundy: too if I had laundry soap :rotfl:. But I do have to run out this afternoon so that's on my list.....then I'll be forced to do laundry when I get home :laughing:. And I think about the GF every day......while watching my ticker move oh so slowly :rotfl: :rotfl:. I just CANNOT wait for July to get here......I really want to be at the GF :cloud9:.

Well.....I better get moving as my truck is filthy and I must wash it before I go out today :headache:. Then I'm off to Target...then lunch with my brother.....then home to do :laundy:. I hope everyone has a great day today....enjoy the sunshine :sunny:. Catch ya all later :upsidedow.

Deb :)

Good morning :goodvibes

My dad is getting a sponge bath. So I bolted from the room, LOL!

A good night sleep feels good as does a good starbucks frapichino! YUM!
:drinking1 ( not coffee but that is me with a frapichino!)

Have a great day ladies!

Yeah Maxie! Glad you were able to save some money!

Thanks, Blueskies! :goodvibes Right now, it feels like time is dragging, but sometimes it goes by so fast I wonder where it has all gone... :confused3

Is it bad that I am (almost) just as excited to go back to WDW as I am to get married :laughing: .

You get free APs with the wedding package, so I am already trying to figure out a way to weasle in another trip... :idea:

Have a great day everyone!

Amy, well I told DH about the end of the world and he said that he was gonna collect on the I-O-U's SOON! LOL

Alright ladies, the big bang is gonna be recreated in Switerland in the AM and scientist are bickering over whether or not it is gonna create a black hole that will start the end of the world. I can hear the song "It's the end of the world" playing in my head. :rotfl: :rotfl:

I told my dad this morning and he said "Why the he doubld hocky sticks am I going through this if its the end of the world" LOL

Have a great day...... "its the end of the world as we know it "......... :rolleyes1

Mandy I am glad to hear your dad is doing OK. And your husband was great, too. LOL...oh ya...DH went to parent night and said I didn't have to....Yep..I owe him too.:rotfl: OMG...I haven't heard anything about the big bang!! Jojo is my SCIENCE girl she would LOVE to know about this! She knows all about black holes, worm holes, string theory.....she's a freak of nature.:rotfl2: I need to find out more about this thing happening in Switzerland. :thumbsup2 Bill Nye is her hero.:rotfl: (and I heard on a podcast yesterday the peeps saying he is not relevant anymore....WHAT?!?! He rocks!:thumbsup2 )

Maxie
WTG on your SWA credit!:cool1: I keep checking mine and Dawns and they don't budge in the downward direction. Even with the fall air fare sale....they have gone UP!:headache:

Annette....there are only 3 or 4 Lodge Tower Rooms in all the buildings...actually in only the 4 outer lodge buildings...so somewhere between 12 and 16 total!:eek: Sugar Loaf has them but you have to book it and then request that style room. That's crazy they're already sold out for next July though! Did you look online? I'd keep checking.

Who has more pics to post?!?!!?

Have a great day, all! talk to ya later,
Channing

It is late and I am about to hit the sack but wanted to thank everyone for the well wishes while my dad was in surgery today. He was in sugery 11 hours and is doing well. HE will be in the hospital 12-14 more days befor he will be able to make the 3+ hr trip home.

I have to leave to come back home for a few days then back up for teh weekend to help and give my mom a break.

I just have to say I have the most wonderful DH! HE has taken care of so much and I never had to give him instructions. HE kept the kids busy and ran all over town to the duck park and playground. HE also mentioned doing a few loads of laundry and mopping..... Oh he also homeschooled!

:lovestruc I LOVE him !

Glad your dad is doing well!!

And your DH sounds like a keeper!:)

Annette....there are only 3 or 4 Lodge Tower Rooms in all the buildings...actually in only the 4 outer lodge buildings...so somewhere between 12 and 16 total!:eek: Sugar Loaf has them but you have to book it and then request that style room. That's crazy they're already sold out for next July though! Did you look online? I'd keep checking.

Hey Channing - I would love to check on-line myself, but what category would they be? It doesn't look like their an option!!

We still didn't even seen any party pictures girls!!!! Well!!!!:woohoo:

Hey Channing - I would love to check on-line myself, but what category would they be? It doesn't look like their an option!!

We still didn't even seen any party pictures girls!!!! Well!!!!:woohoo:

Annette
....well I just went over to teh STUPID WDW website to check and guess what? THe stupid site is giving me errors. :headache: UGH..

Anyway...last time I was able to check there was actually a room category of LODGE TOWER ROOM. They are more expensive then TPV I believe...somewhere between TPV and SL...or about the same. The lodge tower rooms have garden views, though. I will find out more specifics....when are you thinking of going? Tghe end of July again?

I'll get back to ya wth rates -

Chan

Annette....YES, for 2009 they still have that Lodge tower room category...you lucky..you are going during "value season" and that puts the rack rate on the lodge tower rooms at $485 plus tax. Hopefully you can get AAA. A GV during that time frame is $399 plus tax...just an FYI.

The lodge tower rooms are more than Lagoon view, but less than tpv.

Good luck getting one!! Hopefully it will open up.

Channing:)

I am excited but confused!! lol lol lol!!!! No big surprise there!!!

What the heck is TPV and how do I get a AAA rate? Do I have to book directly with AAA?

OK!! I am WDW website and I still don't see the choose for Tower Lodge Room!!! What the heck am I doing wrong?

BTW - What did you mean hopefully it will open up? That there not available????

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter