Having a GRAND time - the NEW Official GF Chat Thread PART 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Evening all..hope you had a good weekend..spent the day in bed cause my back/shoulder/neck/head pain is still around. Almost feels like a pinched nerve.

Hope your TA keeps you RPC for Christmas, V.

Chan: My DS also had a BD today. He is 14:rockband: and all he wants to do is bang on the drums all day!!!!

Blueskys: I used to think Sunday was a day of rest. Now it is the busiest day of the week trying to get ready for the rest of the week. We had church, a BD, 3 trips to the store, a soccer game and a BD dinner! I also tried to do a little :laundy: , which I am still doing right now!!!

Good evening everyone else! Anyone visiting GF soon?

Chan: My DS also had a BD today. He is 14:rockband: and all he wants to do is bang on the drums all day!!!!

Blueskys: I used to think Sunday was a day of rest. Now it is the busiest day of the week trying to get ready for the rest of the week. We had church, a BD, 3 trips to the store, a soccer game and a BD dinner! I also tried to do a little :laundy: , which I am still doing right now!!!

Happy B-day to your son FeeFee White!!!:cool1: :yay:

WOW!!! Happy Bday to your DS!!!!!:banana: :banana:

Marvel,
I hope you feel better!!! I have had tons of pinched nerves.....they last and last and last....I hope yours gets better sooner than mine have!:wizard:

Hope everybody had a nice Sunday....we did tons of back to school shopping for DDs and then Lucy and I went out to lunch at Mimi's Cafe...Kristin got me hooked on their Chopped Asian Salad...OMG..I LOVE that thing!!! And we even split a triple chocolate brownie dessert.:goodvibes DELISH!:flower3: ....DS wanted a French Silk pie for his bday cake....Bakers Squares are gone! :scared1: I didn't know that!!!!! I went to Coscto and got him that mega huge chocolate layer cake & some Starbucks Frappacinos...he was happy. We are ordering Chinese food...waiting for DH to bring it home. It's been a long day - but a good one....We asked DS what he wanted to do today.....he wanted to go out with his girlfriend so we gave him cash to take her to a movie and out to lunch. Kinda different, but that's what he wanted to do.:)

OK...food has arrived!!! Happy night, all!
Chan

Good morning all.

I must have slept funny i have the worst muscle pain from my mid back under my shouler back up through my neck and into my head.

i would give up my Christmas trip for someone to give me some relief.

Marvel, I have this recurring problem. It is sooo painful and I can't turn my neck to drive!!! No fun.

I know shes a train wreck but I love Britney!
Perez says she is gonna perform at the Vmas and she looks great!
http://perezhilton.com/2008-09-05-britney-is-performing-at-the-vmas

Kelly, OMG. I love Britney. She just opened the awards and looked fantastic!!!

Ok, y'all, what is this talk about being able to make ADRs for past Jan. I thought with the revamp of the ADR system, I couldn't make my Feb ressies. Am I missing something here? I thought it had gone to 90 days out while the system was being switched over. If someone can clarify for me, that would be great. Otherwise, I better make some ADRs ASAP!!!

Have a great evening, everyone.
- Andrea

[Marvel, [/B]I hope you feel better!!! I have had tons of pinched nerves.....they last and last and last....I hope yours gets better sooner than mine have!:wizard:

Did you do anything to help the pain? muscle relaxers and some pain killers have done nada.
We asked DS what he wanted to do today.....he wanted to go out with his girlfriend so we gave him cash to take her to a movie and out to lunch. Kinda different, but that's what he wanted to do.:)

Chan

lol i remember that age and being asked what i wanted to do for my birthday...my answer was the same...I was like where else would i want to be? now in my old age i sure see that differently

Marvel, I have this recurring problem. It is sooo painful and I can't turn my neck to drive!!! No fun.

yes exactly! i can't turn my head to the left...everything just tightens up and then i feel the pinch. This is so different than what i usually get which is just a knot under my shoulder blade that is always gone by the 3rd day.

Did you do anything to help the pain? muscle relaxers and some pain killers have done nada.

lol i remember that age and being asked what i wanted to do for my birthday...my answer was the same...I was like where else would i want to be? now in my old age i sure see that differently

yes exactly! i can't turn my head to the left...everything just tightens up and then i feel the pinch. This is so different than what i usually get which is just a knot under my shoulder blade that is always gone by the 3rd day.

The only thing I found to help the pain was laying flat on my back with one thin flat pillow. Other than that, just time, unfortunately. Ibuprofen didn't help at all.

Happy Birthday to your DS :bday:. My 13 yo DS has a drum set and my 15 yo has guitars.....but the 15 yo is constantly playing the drums and I wonder why I have a headache all the time :rotfl:. Drum playing and guitar playing is never ending around here :rockband:!!!

I had a similar thing happen to me....NOT fun :sad2:. I went to the doctor and he gave me a muscle relaxer....just like you it did NOTHING.....I also took Vicadin....NADA :rolleyes1. He then had me get an MRI since I was still in pain. After reviewing that, he referred me to a spine surgeon :scared1:. After talking to my cousin (an RN) she STRONGLY suggested her chiropractor before seeing a spine surgeon. Low and behold....took my MRI to the chiropractor and he said he could definitely help me :worship:. He had me go 3X a week for the first few weeks......after about 6 visits, I started feeling better....not totally free of pain, but it WAS helping. After a few more visits the pain was lessening even more and in no time I was back to normal :). I know alot of people don't like chiropractors or think they can't do anything, but I can tell you mine DEFINITELY did wonders for me!!!! It took all I had just to drive to his office I was in so much pain.....and he's only about a 15-20 minute drive away.....that's how much pain I was in :headache:. I couldn't sleep, could hardly drive, any way I sat or layed it hurt.....I was in sad shape :scared:. I never really considered a chiropractor before I was referred to one.....but I am sooo thankful for the referral because that's what helped me over surgery ;). Good luck to you and I hope you start feeling better or find a way to fix it because I know how terrible that pain can be :sad2:.

Hey all!!! I am soo full of Chinese food.:rotfl: NObody but Jojo could eat a slice of cake.

Marvel....I have a vibrating heat massager thing...(OK, no wise cracks from the peanut gallery DAWN:rotfl: ) It is a real one for muscle pain. :thumbsup2 I put it on the infrared heat setting, crank up the vibrating heads, and just get it leaned in between me and the back of the sofa or whatever so I can just siiiiittttt comfy for a long time and let it work it's magic. That does help a bit. It FEELS GOOD while it's working and it seems to help break it up and relax the area. Mine happened due to (OK big surprise all - typing - and then I was sleeping funny, too, which added to it. I had an awkward reach to the keyboard and my left shoulder was seeming to stretch funny.:confused3 I noticed now that I am on my laptop more it has been better than using the desktop. ALSO...after Ebaying a lot earlier this week I have that pinched nerve numbness in my left fingers now.:confused: ....I had it MUCH worse when the pain was in my neck/shoulder area so this is just a remnant of that....At it's worst it was soo bad I had a hard time positioning myself to sleep in bed! I couldn't get my hair colored because there was NO FRICKEN way I could have it rinsed in the shampoo bowl! THis happened to me last spring and it's just now recently improving. The pain has gone away...that took probably 4 to 6 wks...I don't remember for sure but it was a long time...but the numb pinched nerve thing is just WAITING for any chance to come back. ONce it does go away you have to be careful for a LONG time because it's very delicate it seems.

Happy night, all!! Ibuprophen did not work for me, either...although I did take a lot in trying. The heat/massage thing was the key.

Andrea! Good to see you back! I am sorry...no clue about those ADRs...I am soo bad with keeping up with that stuff. Hopefully somebody can help you.

CHanning

Andrea - last Saturday they started taking February ADR's up to Feb 22nd. We are going the 2nd week of February and I was able to make all the ones that I wanted. Good Luck with yours, it was hard for me to think so quickly, I thought I had more time to plan. I called in such a hurry just to get something in place, I may rethink a few and call back later.

Hey gals and Marvel

I am in my hotel. Very nice. But I am glad I brought my pillow with my nice RL case..... These cases are like sandpaper!

Ok about this pintched nerve. I also had one on my neck/shoulder and I was on muscle relaxents and they did squat. DH suggested I go see a chiropracter and he did wondrs!

I went to him when I was pregnant and he kept me in great shape.

OMG I soo want to make a comment about the massaging heat vibrating thingy....:rolleyes1 ;)

I so know you.......Watch yourself.:cool2: :rotfl:

PS...good thing that was posted on a Sunday...if it were M-F....WATCH OUT! The dam would have burst!:rotfl: :scared1:rolleyes1 :rotfl:

Mandy....ya...my DH kept telling me to see one, too. I have never gone to one so I didn't want to. I was just a martyr. lol Good luck tomorrow. Happy thoughts coming your way....hugs and all that jazz and I hope it goes well.

Chan

They are taking dining til Feb 22, but they have had some issues.

My beloved pats won yesterday but Tom was hurt by some cheeseball already on the ground who flung himself into his leg and knee. They arent sup to go near QBs knees. I am less than thrilled this morning as I was so excited for football to start, I hope he will okay but it isnt looking good.

Good Morning All :).

Chan - I can't believe there are no Bakers Squares by you anymore :confused:. We've still got them around here....I actually ate lunch there last week.....are they supposed to be closing :confused3. We don't go too often but it's nice to get a pie every once in awhile :goodvibes.

Marvel - How's the back/neck/shoulder pain???? I would really think about going to see a chiropractor if it keeps up.....he worked wonders for me and I was never one to consider going :confused:.

Hope everyone has a good Monday :).

Deb:flower3:

Hey GF friends!

We are set up in the waiting room and have staked out a nice spot! We all have our laptops swet up and look like a bunch if computer nerds LOL!

Andrea~ Just wanted to sy we are feeling very blessed Ike is gonna miss us, prayers for your area!

Gotta go we are putting away our computers and playing Chincken foot (domino game)

Talk to you later....

MAndy:surfweb:

Hey Mandy......Hope everything goes well today with your dad's surgery :hug:. Glad to hear Ike is not going to hit your area....now you can concentrate on your dad :). To everyone else in Ike's path....stay safe :grouphug:. I just wish these storms/hurricanes would come to an end already :mad:.

Deb :)

Morning, gals! (and Marvel):rotfl:

Kelly....OMG...that is terrible.:mad: I hope he's OK. Sounds like the little soccer brats we played Fri nite. They were body slamming and pushing and shoving and tripping....great sports. It was nice at the shops yesterday...totally uncrowded - it must have been a good football Sunday.:) Glad your Pats won.:thumbsup2

I am still a total newb now with regards to the new ADR system. It feels bad to be a confused newbie.:upsidedow

Mandy, I hope all goes well. I laugh every time I read "Chickenfoot"....I have never heard of that! I know you play it a lot!!:goodvibes Sending good thoughts your way.

Hey, Deb!
Ya...isn't that weird about Bakers Square? We haven't gone there in a long time but once in a while we pick up a pie here and there. The two near us are closed but DH found one about 1/2 hr away that is open still so I don't know if they are gong out of business or just ours did.:confused3 The signs are gone, there are "For Lease" signs on the buildings......very weird...Jojo said one sign said August 26 2008....not sure what that date meant - probably something about it being closed.:confused: Oh well....the huge chocolate layer cake worked out just fine.:goodvibes

Have a great day, all! Talk to ya later,
Channing

They are taking dining til Feb 22, but they have had some issues.

My beloved pats won yesterday but Tom was hurt by some cheeseball already on the ground who flung himself into his leg and knee. They arent sup to go near QBs knees. I am less than thrilled this morning as I was so excited for football to start, I hope he will okay but it isnt looking good.

:sad2: Things are not looking good for Tom. We just have to hope Matt is ready to take over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter