Having a GRAND time - The Official GF Chat Thread PART 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the anticipation is part of the fun. I spend 10 months planning, waiting for the 180 day mark to roll around to make ADR's, shop for little Disney'ish outfits for my munchkins, and start my stash of *Mickey Visit Prizes* It helps to pass the time.

I'll take pics - I hope they turn out as good as the ones that AlienBrain posted recently on the FAQ thread. Those got me in the spirit!!

I agree.......those pics were beautiful. They made me more excited about our first stay at the GF in July as we'll be spending LOTS of time at the resort just hanging out and swimming...just enjoying everything the resort has to offer :). I can't wait :goodvibes. The only thing I'm afraid of is I think I'll be hooked and not want to stay anywhere else after that :laughing:.

Traci, that is awesome about your son going to pre K. :thumbsup2 Enjoy your ME time!! NO...don't worry about getting the bows on. I can *cringe* always sew them on or have DH work some glue miracles. He has STASHES of different glues.:rotfl:

Hi, Mickeynut!!!
LOL....yep..that's what will happen...you won't want to stay anywhere else!!:goodvibes

Kristin....I am reading Eloisa James now....I forgot her. She is GREAT! I have TONS of old paperbacks....I will have to dig some out for ya.

Talk to ya later...off to dance!

Chan

Thought I would join in on the chat. We stayed at GF in April in an attic room, and will be going back in Dec. I think the "Official GF Fans For Life" has been applied to us :thumbsup2

Thought I would join in on the chat. We stayed at GF in April in an attic room, and will be going back in Dec. I think the "Official GF Fans For Life" has been applied to us :thumbsup2

Welcome :). One (of many) things I've learned on here is that once you stay at the Grand, you're hooked for life :laughing:. We are booked for our first stay in July and I can't be more excited because I know we will absolutely love it :banana: :banana:. Only 10 months, 2 weeks, and 6 days to go :rotfl: :rotfl:.

Hey Gals.....How are ya??? Another good day in 5th grade....wait til the honeymoon wears off :rotfl:

I miss chatting but now im chatting with 10yr olds :rotfl2: Today the teacher put in music for the kids while they were journaling and guess what it was???? The best of Disney Music...woohoo...gettin my DIS fix at school:thumbsup2

Mandy...I have an awesome chicken salad recipe lets compare ;)

Kristin...we are calling you Betty from now on...as in Betty Crocker! How bout Beatrice Small...her books are great!

Chan...did you ever read her books??? Im missing chatting with all you...now that shel is home, we will have to chat!

Shel..glad you are back..cant wait to see pictures!

M&P...Ditto on Shel's...

dawn:)

Hey Gals.....How are ya??? Another good day in 5th grade....wait til the honeymoon wears off :rotfl:

I miss chatting but now im chatting with 10yr olds :rotfl2: Today the teacher put in music for the kids while they were journaling and guess what it was???? The best of Disney Music...woohoo...gettin my DIS fix at school:thumbsup2

Hooray for yet another great day :teacher:.

OMG i just looked at my ticker and im past the 3mth mark:banana: :cheer2: :yay: :woohoo: :thumbsup2 :cool1: :goodvibes :cloud9: :upsidedow

Your trip will be here before you know it :dance3:. I keep looking at my ticker but it doesn't seem to be moving as fast as I want it to :rotfl: :rotfl:. But I'm excited for all of you that are getting ready to go in the next couple of months :). I will just have to live the next 10 months through all of you guys' reports and pics :yay:.

Welcome :). One (of many) things I've learned on here is that once you stay at the Grand, you're hooked for life :laughing:. We are booked for our first stay in July and I can't be more excited because I know we will absolutely love it :banana: :banana:. Only 10 months, 2 weeks, and 6 days to go :rotfl: :rotfl:.

Beware!! You will be hooked like the rest of us. We first tried 2 days, then moved to 4, now, we have made it all the way to a week:rotfl2:

Beware!! You will be hooked like the rest of us. We first tried 2 days, then moved to 4, now, we have made it all the way to a week:rotfl2:

That's what I'm afraid of!!! I told my DH that I need to stay off the Dis because I get more excited every day reading about the GF that I don't know how I'll make it until July :rotfl:.

Good evening you chatty peeps!

Dawn Glad you are having a great week so far! Yay for the Disney music! Fun! We took a few days off and DS is driving me crazy to get back to it :teacher:

Dawn!! Yay!!! I am glad you're enjoying your teachiing!!! Wouldn't that suck if you had awful kids and didn't like it at all?!?!!? that would be MY luck!:rotfl: :rotfl: And Mickeynut is right....with school and all keeping you busy your days will fly by and you'll be boarding that SWA plane in no time!:goodvibes

YES....I read Bertrice Small a long time ago.....some were too smutty even for me!!:rotfl: And sometimes her main character was an evil rag. :headache: That bugged me. I need a main character I can empathize with. I have sooooo soooo many tubs of books in the basement....I could come up with tons of names. I used to read a book a day! Now I DIS.:rolleyes1 One addiction to another.:rotfl:

Hello, Supersmart guy! :) I saw you just got back from YC...No I am not a stalker...:rotfl2: I remember seeing your post re the tower room?? Was that you? I wanted to see pics and missed it if you did post them! We stayed YC CL over July 4 and liked it....but nothing tops the good ol' GF. We went from YC CL over to RPC & stayed in a main building one bedroom suite at the GF. I love that place.:goodvibes Although....the YC lounge offerings at appetizer time were sometimes better (not more variety or selectionwise) but they were tastier IMO then the GF's sometimes are. My kids also liked the Krispie Kremes. I wish the GF had those for bfast. Or at least that the GF switched it up a bit more....same ol same ol;......

Kristin, today in dance class several moms were chatting about "the strike".... I tried to listen in, but I just didn't get it. Something about they haven't made a deal yet...and paychecks come out....and who knows....BUT what I did hear is that one of them is leaving for WDW THE SAME DAY WE ARE!:rotfl: That's what counts....and they were talking about Ebay, too....that made my ears perk up. Those are two things I know about.:thumbsup2

Talk to ya all later! Have a great night....

Channing:)

Hi Lives4Disney!

Yes, that was me in the turret suite, I have not had a chance to add pics yet, but keep checking my TR, I will get those up as soon as I can. You are right, nothing beats the GF. We stay YC or BC with a day or 2 for GF, but I think after a week there, we will stay nowhere else.

Glad to be in the chat,

Super.

Last year we gave in tried the Poly. While it was nice, really no complaints, it just didn't feel like the GF does. I need a ticker so I can countdown too. I know we are in the 2 month mark. :cheer2:

just curious...anyone here afraid to fly?? That's one thing I hate about the trip :(

Leaving September 13 for one week at Saratoga Springs. Cannot WAIT! I haven't been to WDW in 11 years when I was a teen.

I'm here to join you all and I don't think I have the time to catch up so forgive me :rotfl:
Mickeynut directed me here since I was chatting up the resort thread with where I live (she and I live not too far away from each other) and what bugs me about my dh :rotfl2:
We are planning our first family trip to WDW and unknown at the moment to dh I've switched us from WL to GF :rotfl2: He had his heart set on WL however I wanted a monorail resort and we agreed on CR. Well I procrastinated too long and lost out on CR so my only other option with an MK view was GF. He knows I was considering it and I showed him some pictures he just told me the resort didn't excite him much but if I thought it would be best to switch. He's tired of Disney talk so I haven't told him I made the executive decision to switch. I'm still hoping for CR anyway (although being on the other thread has me more excited to stay at GF) so I'm not planning to tell him anything until I know for sure where we are at. GF is the 4th switch in resorts (started out at ASMo then Pop then WL now GF) and our budget has gone up drastically :rotfl2:
Anyway...dd is getting set to begin pre-k this year...second year in this preschool. DS was set to go to the same school however he is stubborn and isn't completely potty trained (wears underwear but if I'm not on him to go he has the occasional accident) and refuses to pull up and down his pants to go. He's been difficult since birth :rotfl: so I expected nothing less from him in potty training.
I work from home at night...pick my own schedule and also sell my kids' clothes and such on ebay.
That's about it for me...by the time I get back here I'll have lots to catch up on...busy day and I'm addicted to DIS when i get on its hard to leave :rotfl:

Good morning everyone!:) My DH and I are back from a wonderful stay at the Grand Floridian. We stayed in room 4421 and it was probably the most perfect spot. :goodvibes We had a panaramic view of the POLY, lagoon view and pool view. At night we could see the castle changing colors from our room, the water parade and fireworks from both the MK and Epcot. We arrived the 18th to perfect weather that slowly turned ugly from Fay. When we got there, we were greated by I think her name was Tammy and taken upstairs were we met Mejay. She is so sweet and we had a good time talking with her and getting pictures with her. We arrived at around 1:30 and our room was not ready until aound 3:00. It was nice though to just relax in the RP lounge and have something to drink. My DH had such a wonderful time and was so impressed that he wants to go back around the holidays with the kids!:thumbsup2 I of course new that I was going to love it there. ;) The resort is so beautiful and there is so much to do that we did not care that it was raining. :goodvibes

Good Morning To All :). I have DS home again today :sick:. Looks like I'll be making a trip to the doc. I called yesterday and explained what was going on and the doc didn't see a need to have him come in.....but this morning DS is worse.......congestion, runny eyes, sore throat.....might be allergies but to be on the safe side we'll go in.

traci ~ I guess we're taking the SLOW route getting to the GF :lmao:. Our first deluxe was the BC back in December 2003. Then we moved to the WL for our next 2 trips and then finally we bit the bullet and tried the Poly last September. We LOVED the Poly......huge rooms, the beach for fireworks, the hammocks :cloud9:. We thought we wouldn't stay anywhere else until I starting poking my nose into these GF threads and low and behold.......we're staying at the Grand in July :yay:. SO....Chan, Dawn, Mandy and everyone else I'm forgetting......see what you guys did :rotfl:. I keep telling DH that it's not my fault....it's those girls on the GF chat thread :rotfl2:!!!! And don't be afraid to fly. I actually think it's safer to be in a plane than on the road :laughing:. I really don't mind it. All I know is I could NEVER drive from Indiana to Orlando....I'd lose my sanity before I got to Indy....and that's only 2 hours from us :rotfl:. Plus getting there on a 2 1/2 hour plane ride can't be beat. You'll be fine!!! Just think of being at the GF and the time will pass oh so quickly :upsidedow.

skjj2009 ~ WELCOME TO THE CHAT......Glad you made it over :yay:. Just do what I do with my DH.....talk just enough about the GF that it peaks his curiosity....then HE'LL start asking YOU questions......that always works with my DH :laughing:. My DH really likes Disney and we have alot of the same likes as far as places we would stay and not stay, but he's not into all this Dis stuff like I am :sad2:. So whenever I want to talk about it, I start out by saying something in casual conversation and he ends up asking me to elaborate. By the time you know it, your DH will be saying he can't wait to get to the Grand :rotfl: :rotfl:. Good luck with your dd in pre-school.....what a fun age that is :). Traci has a little one starting, too........I'm way past that stage as I have a freshman in HS and an 8th grader :scared1: :scared1:. Like I told traci......hang on to these years while you can cuz they pass you by quick :eek:.

PrincessPaczki ~ Welcome back and I'm glad you had a wonderful trip :). I would love to see pics if you have any :goodvibes. We are going to the GF for the first time in July and I can't wait :banana: :banana:. I just know I'll love it :).

Hope everyone has a great day :).

Deb

Where is everybody this morning :confused3??? I guess I think it's later than it actually is since I'm up every morning by 5:15 and my kids get on the bus at 6:45....and that was an hour and a half ago :scared1:. Hope everyone's having a great morning :). I'll be back a little later.....have to get ready to head out the door (if need be) by 9:00 if once I call the doc (for sick DS :sick:) and he says bring him in right then :eek:. So until later :flower3:.

Deb

Good Morning All!! A Rainy Day at the bus stop today :umbrella:

Last year they were thanking Mickey for the presents when they saw him at the parks. I'm sure *Mickey* was like what the heck are you strange little kids talking about ?! Here's a pic from last years Mickey visit!

Needless to say the kids keep asking "When is Mickey going to tell us it's our turn??"

444431182503_0_BG.jpg

What a great idea!!!! Mickey sends stuff to DS too! We do a countdown calendar on the fridge (we start around 100 days- which is today! :banana: ) Mickey also sends him a letter the day before telling him to have fun on the plane. Each night Mickey leaves a present in the room and sends a big gift basket the first night. He ALWAYS thanks Mickey at the parks, who is kind enough to play along ;)

This year we leave on St Nicholas Day (German Christmas) so I am trying to figure out how to handle that. I am thinking that maybe St Nick can leave a WDW gift card or something :confused3 Any ideas are MUCH appreciated!!

Kristin....I am reading Eloisa James now....I forgot her. She is GREAT! I have TONS of old paperbacks....I will have to dig some out for ya.

Bring 'em to breakfast!!!!!!!!!!!! I am a fast reader like you so one a day would be pretty easy :goodvibes

From the library yesterday I grabbed Lorraine Heath "An Invitation to Seduction" and Cathy Maxwell "The Price of Indiscretion" :laughing: Love these titles!!! I also grabbed a Bill O'Reilly book so the librarian dude probably thought I was nuts with that combo!!!!!!

Kristin...we are calling you Betty from now on...as in Betty Crocker! How bout Beatrice Small...her books are great!

HaHa!!! We are having a family picnic this weekend so I am making a cake that looks like a watermelon (from a BC cookbook). I will post pics of that one too.

Kristin, today in dance class several moms were chatting about "the strike".... I tried to listen in, but I just didn't get it. Something about they haven't made a deal yet...and paychecks come out....and who knows....BUT what I did hear is that one of them is leaving for WDW THE SAME DAY WE ARE!:rotfl: That's what counts....and they were talking about Ebay, too....that made my ears perk up. Those are two things I know about.:thumbsup2

As of now it still isn't settled and there wasn't a new meeting scheduled. Someone is reporting on a blog that it was an accounting error in Springfield that allocated too much of our district's tax money to the wrong school district that needs to be fixed. :confused3 And that is causing a budget shortfall too the tune of $1.3 million annually. I don't get it- if it's our money then go get it!!!!!!!!

Good morning everyone!:) My DH and I are back from a wonderful stay at the Grand Floridian. We stayed in room 4421 and it was probably the most perfect spot. :goodvibes We had a panaramic view of the POLY, lagoon view and pool view. At night we could see the castle changing colors from our room, the water parade and fireworks from both the MK and Epcot. We arrived the 18th to perfect weather that slowly turned ugly from Fay. When we got there, we were greated by I think her name was Tammy and taken upstairs were we met Mejay. She is so sweet and we had a good time talking with her and getting pictures with her. We arrived at around 1:30 and our room was not ready until aound 3:00. It was nice though to just relax in the RP lounge and have something to drink. My DH had such a wonderful time and was so impressed that he wants to go back around the holidays with the kids!:thumbsup2 I of course new that I was going to love it there. ;) The resort is so beautiful and there is so much to do that we did not care that it was raining. :goodvibes

Welcome home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I always say that a rainy day in WDW is better than a day at home!!!!!

Well, I am going to go workout for the second day in a row :faint: I no longer have excuses NOT to since I am home for 7 hours alone. And since DH washed the car on Sunday morning, the least I can do is stay out of the rain and keep it clean for him :thumbsup2

See ya'll later!
Kristin

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter