Having Problems Joining Dvc

sparky206

Earning My Ears
Hi all

Can anyone please help me i am from Ireland and would like to join DVC but
becuse of Irish laws Disney say they cannot sell it to me in the Republic of Ireland but that i can purchase it on my next trip to Florida. I've had the tour in WDW during my last visit and thought it was great.
Maybe there is a way I can buy in the UK.?

I would appreciate any help.

I would ask again on the DIS UK forums- there's a DVC subforum there.
I really don't know how it works, as I'm in Massachusetts.

At the very least, I would think you could buy resale. If you do this, I'd recommend the Timeshare Store, I've sold a couple of contracts through them with no problems

Depending upon your laws, as the previous poster said, you may be able to buy resale rather than direct from Disney. Many US states have laws prohibiting direct purchase from Disney, but they can buy resale. The purpose of such laws, though, seems illiogical.

Depending upon your laws, as the previous poster said, you may be able to buy resale rather than direct from Disney. Many US states have laws prohibiting direct purchase from Disney, but they can buy resale. The purpose of such laws, though, seems illiogical.
It's based on the concept that timeshares laws are state specific. One must be registered and approved to sell timeshares in the state of question to do so. It may be Disney's choice whether to register in a given state, but it is the home state's laws that prevent one from buying if they are not registered.

I'd buy resale or plan a trip, either way it's hard to go wrong.

I'm going to move this to the IK DVC Forum - posters there might have more experience or know of other options for you to pursue.

Hi all

Can anyone please help me i am from Ireland and would like to join DVC but
becuse of Irish laws Disney say they cannot sell it to me in the Republic of Ireland but that i can purchase it on my next trip to Florida. I've had the tour in WDW during my last visit and thought it was great.
Maybe there is a way I can buy in the UK.?

I would appreciate any help.

Hi there and welcome to the Dis

Disney do not have a license to sell DVC in Ireland and apart from signing up when you are in Florida, there is no way to buy directly from Disney.

We were in the same position as you so we bought a contract on the resale market which was fairly straight forward. We used the Timeshare store (a sponsor of the Dis DVC boards) and bought a resale contract at Old Key West. The advantages of doing this were that the points were cheaper than buying through Disney and we were able to use our points on our next trip, rather than waiting until we went out to Florida to buy.

The exchange rate on the Euro is very good at the moment so it would make sense to buy now rather than wait until your next trip to Florida.

Hi, I could sell my DVC membership to you. I'm in the UK (Wirral) and my home resort is Disney's Beach Club Villas. This is probably the best location of all DVC resorts being at the gate to Epcot's World Show Case and right on the Boardwalk. Let me have your email address if your interested.

Thanks very much to all:yay: :yay: :yay:

I have made a few enquires with the Timeshare Store who are also very helpful.
Can anyone tell me the significance of the " HOME RESORT "

Cheers

Ciaran

I can tell you the significance of Home Resort, but the importance (or not) of Home Resort is a hotly-debated topic! ;)

Your Home Resort is the DVC property at which you hold your points.

Resale points cost for each resort vary (the listing on the Timeshare Store site will give you an idea of the variation); point price for new sales through Disney vary a little, depending on offers currently available.

You pay your annual dues for the cost of maintenance at your HR - all resorts have their own cost per point for annual dues and, although the variation per point isn't huge across the resorts, it can quickly add up year-on-year if you have quite a few points. The maintenance cost yearly increases are capped and can only reflect actual costs incurred, not seek profit, so vary from year to year.

You are able to make reservations at your HR 11 months in advance of your check-out date, and at all other DVC resorts 7 months in advance of your check-out date. Thus, HR can be important if you want a particular resort at a popular time of year such as Christmas / New Year.

Most advice on the main DVC baord says "buy where you want to stay", but there's also a view that, if you really don't mind where you stay (even if that means a non-WDW resort like Vero Beach or Hilton Head), then you might want to look at the least expensive points and maintenance costs to weigh up the likely cost for the duration of your ownership.

Have fun deciding! :)

Hi Ciaran
Welcome to the UK DVC board

we bought when we were out there 2 years ago , wish we had bought years ago , done the tour signed all the paper work and had a month to send the remaining or something like that

great rate at the moment , if it was me I'd be very temped to take a quick longweekend break over there
aer Lingus are doing a direct flight there now
at the moment you can buy SSR and AKL
check over on the main DVC board for any offers

when we done the tour didn't know about an offer that was happening at the time untill I got back here and checked out the Dis , was able to change to that offer and saved over $2000 :banana: :banana:

come back and let us know how you get on

.....great rate at the moment , if it was me I'd be very temped to take a quick longweekend break over there
aer Lingus are doing a direct flight there now
at the moment you can buy SSR and AKL
check over on the main DVC board for any offers ......

That's a great idea :idea:

Thanks again all

We did think that we were offered a fairly good discount when we got the tour back in Jan 07 but we were more worried that if I went out for a couple of days that they may not set us up right away

But it seems from talking to you guys that they will

We kinda thought about purchasing 210 points @ SSR which is were we got the tour and was very nice.

Can anyone tell me how much 210 points @ SSR would cost me if i was to buy direct from Disney and would i have to pay the full amount when i was over their.

we had about a month to pay after signing ust sent a bank draft
I'll send you my guides e mail address if you like

Thanks again all

We did think that we were offered a fairly good discount when we got the tour back in Jan 07 but we were more worried that if I went out for a couple of days that they may not set us up right away

But it seems from talking to you guys that they will

We kinda thought about purchasing 210 points @ SSR which is were we got the tour and was very nice.

The current offer on SSR points is

$10. discount per point
plus $500. gift card for minimum 160 pts.

That would make the cost of 210 points $19,740

The thing to do would be to contact Disney Here and set everything up before you go so that when you arrive all you have to do is sign the paperwork.

They can advise you on deposits and when the balance is due etc.,

I seem to remember when we bought into SSR, that you can buy with only $500 at the time, as someone has said they will then allow you a month or so to pay the balance.

I know in the UK you can also get finance from Disney, but not sure whether you can if you live in Ireland. Whilst the finance rates may not be the best, it just gives you a little more breathing space.

I seem to remember when we bought into SSR, that you can buy with only $500 at the time, as someone has said they will then allow you a month or so to pay the balance.

I know in the UK you can also get finance from Disney, but not sure whether you can if you live in Ireland. Whilst the finance rates may not be the best, it just gives you a little more breathing space.
I would'nt go with the Disney finance dollar rate might change
I would try go get a bank loan here first
and remember about the annal dues each year
we can not pay monthly either dues are due middle of Jan every year

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter