• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Hawaii COVID Testing

I used the Vault at-home test that you do via Zoom (an approved test for HI). They include an overnight shipping label and I had my results in LESS than 24 hours from the time I dropped it off at the UPS store. $150 is the only downside.

I used the Vault at-home test that you do via Zoom (an approved test for HI). They include an overnight shipping label and I had my results in LESS than 24 hours from the time I dropped it off at the UPS store. $150 is the only downside.
Awesome! We take ours Saturday! did you have to put anything about Hawaii on the envelope? also was it just you? reason I am asking is I am trying to figure out if I can put both my husband and I in the same envelope. (we already have the two separate accounts created) Thank you!

Awesome! We take ours Saturday! did you have to put anything about Hawaii on the envelope? also was it just you? reason I am asking is I am trying to figure out if I can put both my husband and I in the same envelope. (we already have the two separate accounts created) Thank you!

They include the box to return it in as well- you will return the two samples separately.

I would suggest to also photocopy and print all your covid health information. I would hate for the "App" or "website" to go down for a brief moment.

I would pay that price just for the peace of mind of having it back in time. Where I live, there is only 3 Walgreens(that are nowhere near our house) and some CVS that do the approved test. But a local person posted that they did not get the results back until a day after the got there. I don't want to risk that.

Does anyone know what the rules are if connecting interisland on the RETURN trip? eg: Southwest: OGG-HNL-SAN Do we need to nasal test on the outbound?

Does anyone know what the rules are if connecting interisland on the RETURN trip? eg: Southwest: OGG-HNL-SAN Do we need to nasal test on the outbound?

Good question. But from what I can tell if you’re connecting for return trip on Oahu there’s no need to test.

For those of us in Los Angeles, there’s a new trusted partner—Clarity Lab Solutions—who will start doing in person COVID tests at LAX on 11/23 with a 24 hour turnaround from receipt at lab.
And they are supposed to have a rapid test “soon”! Probably not soon enough for my trip, but I will gladly drive the 45 min to LAX to get a test with more reliable timing.

We just want to make sure we have this right. We have the QR code, printouts of our test, hotel/air itineraries, and uploaded pictures to the safe travels website. One quick question, our current status on the safe travels website has the QR code, but says the following:

Screened: No

In quarantine - NA -

Last Day of Quarantine - NA -

Exemptions - NA-

Does all of that get updated after we land?

Thanks in advance!

And they are supposed to have a rapid test “soon”! Probably not soon enough for my trip, but I will gladly drive the 45 min to LAX to get a test with more reliable timing.
I’m wondering exactly what their “standard test” means. I hope it’s not the lobotimizing nasal thing. But I’ll gladly make that drive too!

Has anyone noticed what time of day Walgreens loads appointments for the 4th day out? One of the pharmacists told me 7 pm daily but that doesn't seem to be the case today (looks like all the appointments had come and gone earlier.)

Wonder why HI doesn’t offer testing right at the airport and tell people to quarantine until their result gets back? Seems more reasonable than making people get back on the plane!

From press reports I read earlier, I believe one of the state's concerns is that it doesn't have enough tests for tourists in addition to residents. If the state offered airport testing, capacity probably would be overwhelmed quickly.

We just want to make sure we have this right. We have the QR code, printouts of our test, hotel/air itineraries, and uploaded pictures to the safe travels website. One quick question, our current status on the safe travels website has the QR code, but says the following:

Screened: No

In quarantine - NA -

Last Day of Quarantine - NA -

Exemptions - NA-

Does all of that get updated after we land?

Thanks in advance!

Yep airport staff will scan your code and update it if your test results check out.

Has anyone noticed what time of day Walgreens loads appointments for the 4th day out? One of the pharmacists told me 7 pm daily but that doesn't seem to be the case today (looks like all the appointments had come and gone earlier.)
Where do you live? I’m in the central time zone and our appointments showed up at 6pm.

For those that have used Walgreens - if you have a family of 4 do you need to make 4 separate reservations? Or can you all be on the same?

Just an FYI, Hawaii just updated the rules, you must have test results in hand before you board. There will be no more land and release from quarantine once the test comes back. If you land without the results you must quarantine for 14 days or your full trip if not longer than 14 days, takes effect Tuesday.

https://www.khon2.com/coronavirus/watch-live-state-to-open-pre-travel-testing-program-to-canada/
Wow, what a cluster*&^% his has become. Fortunately we are flying Monday and planning to pay for expedited results, but can you imagine showing up to the airport on Tuesday without your results yet and finding out they changed the rules two days before Thanksgiving when labs are packed?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter