Headscratching Comments from Others

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I hate it when people say that. I know MK WAS Disney World once upon a time, but it's not anymore sooooo stop being stupid and get with the times. :rotfl:
Magic Kingdom was always Magic Kingdom which was inside Disney World. True MK used to be THE only park, but even still, there was Disney world as a whole, and then the park, MK.

Magic Kingdom was always Magic Kingdom which was inside Disney World. True MK used to be THE only park, but even still, there was Disney world as a whole, and then the park, MK.

Oh haha, that's just what people have told me, I didn't know that :) It's what I thought to begin with until people told me otherwise... :upsidedow

They still should not be saying it now.

What I scratch my head over (besides women wearing high heels inside a theme park :confused3 ) are girls/young women wearing what look like lambswool/suede boots, or even leather knee high boots in FL in the dead of summer. :scared:
August -- FL -- sure great time to wear lambswool wool lined and heavy suede knee boots. :scared1:
Figure it must be a generational thing. But that is nuts.

What I scratch my head over (besides women wearing high heels inside a theme park :confused3 ) are girls/young women wearing what look like lambswool/suede boots, or even leather knee high boots in FL in the dead of summer. :scared:
August -- FL -- sure great time to wear lambswool wool lined and heavy suede knee boots. :scared1:
Figure it must be a generational thing. But that is nuts.

They're not that hot. They definitely keep you warm in the winter but when it's hot out, they're not hot. It's weird I know but I love wearing them in the summer, they actually keep me pretty cool.

I have heard they originated from Aussie surfers keeping their feet cool and injury free.

The strangest thing I heard at WDW was three different people asking me if my daughter's hair was real. It's quite long and curly (ringlets at the end) and hangs past her waist. I just thought that really weird after the first person did it, but by the time of the third person, I was truly puzzled. ONLY in Disney has that happened, ever.

Watershoes are fantastic inventions! (and so are bras to wear under white shirts!)

I used to have hair past my waist and heard that all the time! People would tug on it too thinking they were going to pull off a wig or something!

Heard in the car behind me on the Tomorrowland Transit Authority as it was pulling back in to the roundabout at the end of the ride:

Rider 1: "This looks just like the place where we got on!"
Rider 2: "I think it IS the same place we started from...did we miss a stop?"

Honest. I was just heading down the moving treadway as I saw them approach the cast member working the exit to ask her why they were back where they started from. I can only imagine how hard it would be for her not to chuckle at that...I know I was!

:rotfl: Haha! That's so cute! :laughing:

Okay, I'll be That Guy.

1) I'm from the midwest, and I don't swim or go to waterparks; I have absolutely no idea what "water shoes" might be.

2) I love fanny packs; I would wear one to Disney if we didn't have to carry so much stuff that we need to bring a backpack.

3) I see absolutely nothing wrong with any of the shorts pictured above. Can somebody enlighten me as to what's so funny about them?

/Old bugger mode off. :)

Until the fashion police stop and arrest me, I will be that girl walking around the park with a fanny pack on.

Just try and stop me! ;)

Head-scratching moments for me are my daughters who needed a good hour to "get ready" in the mornings before hitting the parks. And I don't mean an hour from the time they awaken to the time we leave the room, I mean an hour in the bathroom! Fixing the hair, makeup, clothes...they should not need to assemble an outfit. And who wants to bother with makeup when on vacation? Their answers were always, "but I still want to look nice."

I'm an early riser, so I always told them I was going to wake them up as soon as I woke up, so they could start their grooming. :confused3

Adult, paunchy men in Speedos, accompanied by their teenaged kids also make me go: :confused3

Okay, I'll be That Guy.

1) I'm from the midwest, and I don't swim or go to waterparks; I have absolutely no idea what "water shoes" might be.

2) I love fanny packs; I would wear one to Disney if we didn't have to carry so much stuff that we need to bring a backpack.

3) I see absolutely nothing wrong with any of the shorts pictured above. Can somebody enlighten me as to what's so funny about them?

/Old bugger mode off. :)

I knew there was a reason I moved to the midwest

I LIKE mullets, I find many of them quite sexy

cut off jean shorts..is there any other kind of shorts?

fanny packs, i wear one everyday..no purse here. i think purses are about as dumb an item as you can get.

water shoes, make sense, maybe where some crab is gonna get your toe..tried them once at the water park and found them..well stupid

giantmullet.jpg

Please! Please! Help me stop laughing!!!!!!!! :rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:

I'm a fan of water shoes. I live 25-30 minutes from the coast and go to the beach frequently during the summer...they come in very handy for the beach. I 've had friends that have stepped on sharp rocks, crabs etc.

But, I really don't care if the fashion police like my Crocs, my water shoes. etc. Since when are bunions, hammertoes, and cut up feet attaractive? I may have ugly shoes, but I have pretty feet!;)

She acted like she was going to smack me if I hadn't been a single rider.

What if you said you were married, but using the Single rider line? Would she have smacked you then? :)

I'm sure SOME people probably think that the Single Rider line shouldn't be used by a group of people who know each other...

I wonder if I should make a mini version of my Fastpass page and hand out cards to anyone who thinks I am paying for them...

blue jean shorts are a no-no?

Bad fashion statement or something? Hmmmm

Well I buy 2 out of 4 ....

Cutoffs are bad - remember the fringey stringey kind ! but I like to wearr a cute blue jean golf skirt ( kind of a skort ) that's short cute - but not showing off the undies.

Pick up a staph infection in your foot and you'll swear by water shoes.

I saw 4 people this week with a mullet - for the love of all that is sacred ... just say no.

I have ample fanny - no need to pack anything else on it

oh my, this has been a funny thread to read!!

As for water shoes - I think they're fine if you are in the vicinity of water. Its when people wear them and they're not actually in/near water that is a problem.

The mullet - well thats just hideous!!! I'm not a big fan of the "business in the front, party in the back" look.

Fanny Packs - ok, I admit I joked to my husband that I bought us matching fanny packs for Florida in the car the other day. Then I had to explain to the kids what a fanny pack was. My 6 year old son seemed interested in them - he wanted one for himself but we told him we would have to make fun of him if he wore one. :rotfl: I wouldn't wear one myself, but I can see why in Florida people do.

Jean Shorts - totally depends on the style. Those shorts in the pics were a definate no/no but there are other jean shorts that are fine.

Socks and Sandals - :confused: NO

I just remembered another of my uses for fanny packs. I always wear one when riding my horse. It contains his coggins test (required to ride on public land), my state park permit, horse treats, and most important of all, my cell phone. Funny thing is, many tack shops sell cell phone carriers that hang on your saddle. Uh, what good will that do me if Figment pitches me and takes off down the trail with my phone dangling from the saddle? I'd much rather keep it attached to my body.

I see idiots wearing heeled sandals and sundresses in the parks, but do I make snide comments? Heck, no! To each his/her own!
What's wrong with wearing sundresses around the parks??? Do you have any idea how much more comfortable a dress is than a shirt and shorts, especially when it's hot? No waistband, no material between your legs, the air has room to circulate; it's heaven!! I wear them in the parks all the time (They are all knee-length or longer, so I don't expose myself getting on and off rides.), and I certainly don't consider myself an idiot! My DH has told me several times he's a little jealous he can't wear them!;) Now high heel shoes, I understand, because I don't get that either. I wear my dresses with Teva flip flops, and I am always comfortable. I think that makes me pretty smart...:thumbsup2

I don't get the high heels and all of that either. Watching people wear them makes my feet hurts!

I don't get the jean shorts thing....I just bought some from Old Navy a couple weeks ago. I love the bermuda length-for me. My DH has a couple pairs too, but the below the knee kind....I'm sure he'd look strange in shorter jean shorts hehe

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter